/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!

IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

p.teknik.io/6j2qQ
git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/raw/master/anime.h
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FEATURES

- Options by site.
- Granular control over incoming traffic like Policeman (more detailed than uMatrix).
- Granular control over outgoing traffic like Tamper Data or like Privacy Settings (the addon).
- HTTPS with the HTTP fallback optionally in a new instance of the browser with functions like HTTP POST disabled.
- URI leak prevention like "No Resource URI Leak" and no plugin enumeration.
- Local CDN like Decentraleyes and Load from Cache.
- Cookie management like Cookie Monster.
- Option to turn off disk usage for all data (cache, tmp data, cookies, logs, etc.), and make cache read only.
- Randomizer for user-agent and canvas fingerprint.
- Custom stylesheets like Stylish.
- Userscript support like Greasemonkey.
- Proxy management like FoxyProxy.
- Simple ports routing to use networks like Tor or I2P.
- Simple switch to universal profiles to be used like blocklists from uBlock, or like Privacy Settings.
- A configuration file like Lynx for universal profiles.
- URL deobfuscation like "Google search link fix" and "Pure URL".
- Search customization like surfraw, dwb or InstantFox Quick Search.
- Reverse image search like Google Reverse Image Search.
- Use of external applications to open links, replacing video player with youtube-dl and MPV, for text input by a text editor, browse protocols like ftp/gopher, or as a file picker.
- Use wget web crawling feature like a DownThemAll.
- Send commands to a monitor (and command history) to keep browsing while commands are working.
- Simple emacs-like keybindings to menubar by default for new users.
- Keyboard driven with dwb features like vi-like keybindings, hints, quickmarks, and custom commands.
- Configuration options from an integrated command-line.
- Non-bloated smooth UI like dwb.
- Import bookmarks from browsers like Firefox.
- Written in C.
- Low on dependencies.
- GPL v3+.
- Framebuffer support like NetSurf for working in the terminal (TTY).
- Actual javascript support so we can lurk and post in Sup Forums.

FAQ

For users:
>Will it have an adblocker.
Yes.
>Will it have tree style tabs?
Yes, but not up in the priorities.
>Will it be crossplatform?
Already is.
>Will it it have vim keys?
Yes.
>Will it have "graphics"?
Yes. We are planning to run the program in terminal using the frame buffer for graphics, but Links2 also comes with directfb, X server, SVGA and other graphics drivers.
>What logo are you going to use?
We liked all so far.

For developers:
>Are repos representing the finished work?
No. We're focused on making a custom codebase then we're going to go back with what we learned and rearchitect it.
>Why not a single repo?
Developers are experimenting. We plan on moving to savannah.nongnu.org eventually.
>Where do I get a repo to work?
Look at the OP or ask in the IRC.
>Why links2?
Enough features and the API seems more friendly.
>Why not netsurf?
Good rendering but not for DOM updates, plus dependencies gave problems.
>Will you use a separate javascript engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use a separate layout engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use netsurf layout engine?
Might be a problem because of the DOM (not enough information).
>Will you use webkit/blink/servo?
No.
>Do you plan to use a separate HTML parser like MyHTML
We are debating this. Some devs plan to make it work as a document viewer too.

First?

second?

third

Very nice. When will we get a nice little tarball to install it on ganoo plus leenucks?

Patience

When will the C port be finished?

LOL
>trusting your security and privacy to people who write garbage like this

I can make the logo gais

pretty sure that middle part's a joke

What does it mean?
p.teknik.io/6j2qQ

It's real.

It's real and a joke.

Download link when?

>We are making a web browser!
Why?

Because Chrome and Firefox are botnets and run by SJW cucks

Links is an absolute mess, might as well start over fresh.

what about:
iridium
pale moon

>IRC
Ugh.
Can we get a Slack or Discord please?

FF may be a bit SJW, but it's not really a botnet. Chrome certainly is, Firefox maybe if you sign in and use pocket, but not like Chrome.

Maximum kek

feature request: zealous crop

Those numbers are magical

sure it's in

Why not use regular expressions? It's good enough for compilers...

>Complains about the code
>Doesn't offer to fix or edit out mistakes

They won't fix it because someone else may point out how equally dumb their code is

There is already a "browser" called NetRunner. It's for using BBSs. :^)

>TODO
>Host project

lol, do we have a logo yet?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, it tends to be so with the people who say 'Sup Forums will never finish anything' and yet are the first to discourage and hinder progress.

>We are making a web browser!
no you're making a pile of shit

>actually bothering with doing anything above sabotage to this retarded project with no use

git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/raw/master/anime.h

my God
it's not happening.. right?

Underage b&

What the absolute fuck? Are they seriously keeping a fucking *image* file in the source code for fucking animu ricing?

Jesus cocksucking Christ that's pathetic.

Chrome developer detected. Back to your pajeetcode.

It's only getting better

disgusting

More like Netruiner

>sir do the needful and help us with our code

>ascii
>0s and 1s

Wow! I bet ALL the hackers use this!

>javascript engine

Wouldn't it be better to do a web assembly engine and just compile your javascript to wasm?

Anyway, are you guys still using the moonman logo? I'd like to contribute but I don't want this racism associated with me tbqh.

no, but I think it's ignorant of you all not to at least acknowledge the significance of a historically significant medium and the software that supplements said medium.

Kind of like all of Sup Forums

>It sucks
>Why?
>Because it sucks
>Why do you not go and edit and give feedback
>Cause I'm a 13 year old troll XD XD lel! Im trolling them guise!!

>doesn't even support tiling websites

Garbage.

Okay.
As a cs student I am gonna give you that feedback you want so badly.

You know what is the best thing you can do to your code?
Delete it.
Delete it all.
And maybe rewrite, but only after you will learn a bit about browsers.

>making a new browser
>implementing proprietary protocols like HTTP

Fuck that. You should recreate the internet from scratch with full FOSS compliance.

Why not just revive Gopher, you cant get more autistic that that

keep the good work guys!

Anyone with more than 10 seconds of programming experience can immediately tell what is wrong with your code. We could pick it apart but there's no point, it'd be like explaining a joke. The problem is that you lack the necessary skills and experience (in particular, your C++ knowledge is very basic, and you likely have zero experience with projects larger than a couple of classes). You seem to have picked C++ not because it's the best tool for the job, or because you're very familiar and comfortable with it, but because Sup Forums told you it's a "serious" language for "professionals". It would be a lot easier to pick up Electron, and start a UI around it, kinda like Brave browser, but you were too retarded and thought you can just write a complete browser from scratch, and because Sup Forums told you Electron is t3h bad.

Another problem is that you made three repositories, created 12 different logos, wrote a long-ass "FAQ" (questions nobody asked), created dozens of channels on all kinds of meme chat services, added anime images all over the fucking place, and you keep starting a new thread every 3 days, but you wrote NO CODE OF ANY WORTH WHATSOEVER. The last commit was 2 weeks ago. One of the repositories is just links2 unzipped and reuploaded to github. You've got everything except the goddamn program itself.

tl;dr: delete everything and start over, but this time limit the scope severely. You can't and you won't have even 10% of the things in the description.

Do you guys have a git repo?
If I could provide frontend so the freetards here don't ruin the UX entirely with VIM shortcuts this project might have a chance to not be DOA.

nr://
when

Is that the actual browser or just a crop

They have another logo but poor moon man, ironically he is suffering from discrimination.

>no actual contribution

Ask in the IRC

>Moonman in question
>Get this

The fuck man.

Actual browser working under framebuffer

I'll make the logo

question: why not take webkit and use it as a backend and devote all energy towards UI?

>cs student
And nothing of value has been spoken.

Do they use a non dead medium?
Slack? Discord? Anything?

>written in C
i like C but that's a terrible fucking idea for a web browser

>... 0xFF)) / 255;
>0xFF
>255

i may be laughing but i'm nervous

Will there be a windows version

I hope not, windrones do not deserve privacy.

>windrones
Gonna steal this famiglia

My posts are free as in beer and free as in freedom, brother, so it isn't stealing.

Why is there a cartoon on the browser?

NEETs, man.

Because it's all about "muh minimal CLI interface"
aka a giant meme

CHROME
H
R
O
M
E

what exactly are you laughing at? you either write a switch statement or that bunch of ifs. have you guys ever coded or seen the output of parser/lexer generators before? its hideous because there are a lot of possible states to handle at every step.

other solutions are cleaner but i assure you are not as performant.

thats common practice when dealing with bits.

>Because it's all about "muh minimal CLI interface"
>aka a giant meme
Just like that linux distro, and Tox, this project is doomed to failure because it's so damn big and complex.

writing an html renderer is an incredibly complex task and getting it to render pages well will take years. not even Mozilla can rewrite the layout engine in a year or two (just look at how long Servo's taking).

Guys, why not start with WebKit, since it's minimal as it gets and renders pages perfectly, and then work on the UI? after the project gains momentum, then you can rewrite the backend.

Nice

I thought Tox died because shills made it insecure.

Wouldn't surprise me

So I'd like to help out, but have no idea where to start guys

I've implemented HTTP before, (albeit just a subset and in Java), but I could easily rewrite for C/C++. I'd think that the HTML parser and layout engine would be of utmost importance. Why is anyone worrying about graphics at this stage?

I'm assuming odil is the lead right now, no?

Devs gather in the IRC, pm odil once there

NEETrunner, my man.

So it's the endchan admin who's been spamming thing thing all over... Interesting

I should query him and tell him to stop rate-limiting Tor so much. Goodness knows that it's hard to spam it when he rate-limits not only Tor; but Proxies, VPNs, the I2P gateway, and pretty much every other method of accessing the website. Always interesting to stalk Odili and see what projects he is working on.

lul

How active is endchan? I only checked it out once.

I killed Sup Forums there by constantly getting on Tor browser and necrobumping all of their threads for fun. So I pretty much killed the only relevant board there for (sadly) most of Sup Forums and 8ch.

If you speak Japanese, /librejp/ is pretty fun (Although I almost completely destroyed their catalog at one point in time). Fuck daitouryou though

Sup Forums is pretty active there as well, If you like sports and stealing gets from various imageboards, you'll enjoy it.

>>>/reddit/

Actually is not odil because he once asked who OP was I think