So I've been wondering about the FCC bending the rules on Net Neutrality for the internet companies...

So I've been wondering about the FCC bending the rules on Net Neutrality for the internet companies. Would we be desperate enough to go to the deep web if stuff like this gets too serious?
>pic unrelated
>jar of piss

Other urls found in this thread:

codepen.io/anony1999/full/weOvYw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>deep web
Yeah. GNUnet, tor and i2p seem like our only options now.

Is this really that hard to understand? The internet will never be treated that way, even if the big corporations win. All it takes is one company to say "all of our traffic gets the same speed no matter what" and the rest will either fall in line or die out.

Look at what happened with T-Mobile - they release their unlimited plan and everyone comes out with their own Unlimited plan.

Same thing here.

Mesh nets seem comfy af. I hope this drama gives rise to some mesh net of sorts.

W-What is in that jar

Pee pee. Wanna see my poo poo jar?

You seem dehydrated user, I am concerned

I doubt that you have one.

>T-Mobile - they release their unlimited plan
They throttle you past a certain data usage amount.
So it's not unlimited

And with this comment, Sup Forums was graced with a jar of some guy's shit.
Thanks, buddy.

JARATE!!

I'm not your buddy guy

retreat to the deep web and you've already lost

>net neutrality gets fucked
>alternatives become big but only to people interested in them
>internet without normalfags

that would be glorious

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my man

What sort of indoctrination camp do you need to go to in order to believe that the terms "free" and "neutral" mean government interference?

here's your (You) now go back to cheering trump on as he has a threesome with your wife and mother

Or they can all work together to fuck over the consumer.

Can someone update us on what happened since yesterday? I've heard absolutely nothing regarding NN today (besides this thread). What the fuck.

Net Neutrality is a meme

I'm gonna pretend that's chocolate ice cream

Check'd.

No, it's a very real thing. I wish it was a meme.

>ISP throttles tor and i2p and p2p in general
>$10 a month for full speed

kimchi

If desperate

>jar of piss
Are you fucking blind?

i'm just saying don't give up the clear web without a fight because you will be tarred a pedo/drug dealer/terrorist

>
>>T-Mobile - they release their unlimited plan
>They throttle you past a certain data usage amount.
>So it's not unlimited

Tell me who doesn't

user, I'm worried about your mental health. Please see a psychologist or something.

Are people seeing my posts? I think I'm being censored.
codepen.io/anony1999/full/weOvYw

>no timestamp
Gtfo

Your scenario would make sense if there was actual competition between ISPs. When ISPs carve out counties so that each has a monopoly on a certain area, they can all throttle because you have no other option.

Ipfs, too. I just hope people start using ANY of them. Every mesh net out there is dead as gopher and slow as aol.

for some reason seeing the "prego" on the jar made me laugh

Kys Justin

And how do you plan on connecting to the "deep web" if your ISP blocks all traffic except to IPs that are paying them money?

Their endgame is to turn the internet into cable television. You'll have a small selection of "channels" (websites/games/whatever) that you can access, and that's it.

This or all connections that aren't to pre-approved websites will be slow as balls

that does not make any sense, the internet is filled with many businesses, it would cause a huge dent in the US economy

ipfs doesn't care about anonymity and layering things on top of it (rather than just doing it right from the beginning) is dumb
gnunet or bust
but yeah, everyone here should without question have nodes for all of these running in the background on every machine they own

my question is, what happens if/when isps start saying you can only access things on and through their dns and just block traffic to any and all unlisted ip address?

we really need to step up our meshnet game asap

You will have to pay isps for them to allow your server to be accessed at a decent speed.

Just another thing they can sell, friend. You're a major corporation with employees around the country that need to access your servers? For the low price of $9,999,999/year, they've got you covered! You're a small business that needs a website? Choose from a wide array of local business packages that are accessible to anyone in your area! 10gb/month bandwidth plans starting at only $299!

Anyone that doesn't use a VPN for home internet or on their cell phone already is behind the times. You're over ten years behind at this point.