/vrg/ - virtual reality general

Something something buy my gimmick good goy.

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2017/07/13/oculus-reportedly-planning-200-standalone-wireless-vr-headset-for-2018/?ncid=rss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>last thread

Someone needs to update that.

>The Mage's Tale Patch Notes:

>Quicker Load Times
>Optional Smooth Movement (Free Movement Controls)
>Options to hide the reticle
>Options to hide the sensors assistance for 360 players
>Bug fixes

Time to get this fucking game.

can i marry my waifu yet?

Maybe

needs fb stuff.

I have an OSVR and I'm trying to get it to work with SteamVR. I keep on getting error 400 and 306. How do I fix this?

I've looked at so many guides, and a lot of them have things that are just not there.

Also, I bought this shit when it was $300. Shit's cash, man.

Now if I can only get it to work...

Japs taking waifuism to a whole new level. What a surprise!

Anyone playing Gorn? I'm having trouble getting kills with throwing knives.

You just reminded me that I need to get that. Is it good with Oculus Touch?

Yeah, I'm playing with a Rift. Make sure you have enough room. I already punched my computer once.

Yeah I need to get around to playing that. So far all I've been able to play is Echo Arena. It's too much fun. I really didn't expect that I would like it, but now I'm addicted.

I now have grenade and basketball phobia.

So when is VR going to have the big great Halo tier game?

Why shouldn't I get a DK2 if I'm just looking to get a VR headset for Assetto Corsa and other sims?

I played an hour and punched a wall. Thankfully my controller only has a scratch.

Are there any controls for turning? I already had to switch to stick movement because to 'stepping' method wasn't sensitive enough.

It's shit, get a give or wait for the next gen.

Anyone know if the new 200$ version that doesn't have positional tracking would be ideal for me?

I was considering buying a VR headset before for being able to focus completely when working on something like programming, or even watching movies.

Do you think the screen will be good enough as a monitor replacement?

if it doesn't have positional tracking it is not worth it. Period

and forget about reading text or watching movies in these things with the current resolutions, not even close to a monitor

>the new 200$ version
You mean oculus 2?

Thanks, that sucks.
What is ideal resolution in VR for that kind of stuff

techcrunch.com/2017/07/13/oculus-reportedly-planning-200-standalone-wireless-vr-headset-for-2018/?ncid=rss

Why is all the negative input always just "don't get it, it's bad, it's not worth the money"? That's not really helpful to people on the fence.

Some people seem to be really invested in VR failing for some reason. So they're going to discourage people a lot without any information.

I always say to wait a bit for better but it depends on how much people want it, are willing to wait and willing to pay. You could get the Rift cheaper now or wait months or a year for the next good headset for a higher price.

I think it's because there's a lot of hype and bullshit surrounding VR and its applications outside of personal entertainment. Like, you tell me that you're comfortable with a surgeon doing surgery on you, an astronaut repairing the ISS, or an EOD tech trying to diffuse or isolate a bomb via a Vive controlled robot. It could have applications in the next decade or so when motion tracking actually makes it so you're not playing a VR simulator of Michael J Fox's life, but for now it's just for multimedia. Let me watch my 3D anime tiddies in peace instead of Lockheed Martin telling me how VR will change the aerospace industry or some shit.

It makes me think of an old episode of The Computer Chronicles where Apple was showing off a game console that they either developed or co-developed, but they never called it a console or mentioned games, and always focused on the education aspect of it in an attempt to legitimize the endeavor and not run the risk of it getting lumped in with those brain rotting vidja games.

In my case comes from my personal experience.

>Like, you tell me that you're comfortable with a surgeon doing surgery on you, an astronaut repairing the ISS, or an EOD tech trying to diffuse or isolate a bomb via a Vive controlled robot.

I don't see what's wrong with that, professional-level equipment tends to be better. A Vive rigged to control a robot on a space station would probably be part of an engineered system -- NASA isn't going to buy early consumer hardware off the shelf and try to control a robot through some video game, they will write their own program that take better advantage of the device's capabilities and, like most of us, wait until the technology is more responsive and reliable.