Can we take a moment to thank AMD for making CPU's affordable. With out them...

Can we take a moment to thank AMD for making CPU's affordable. With out them, Intel would keep setting prices on hardware extremely high while telling us its normal pricing for the features/performances the CPU has.

THANKS AMD.

#AMD good for the ecosystem

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/news/intel-has-a-grand-plan-to-bring-thunderbolt-3-ports-to-every-laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No man Intel is more retarded than ever

Its more like Intel's greedy slimy behavior is finally coming back to haunt them.

Ever since Athlon XP days I've tried to be with AMD but intel made pretty damn good cpu. 2500K so I switched to that. Now it is time for me to return to the original combo (amd cpu + nvidia gpu)

Getting ryzen 1700 and nvidia 1080 Ti.
Intel can go and fuck itself for giving us same shit year after year after 2500k cpu.

Thanks for reading my blog. Like and subscribe

subbed!

Can we take a moment and thank miners for fucking up the PC market during the golden age of CPU choices.

Also fuck RAM prices.

What good are the amazing CPU choices when RAM and GPU prices are sky high.

What's wrong with more choices? It doesn't matter if it's confusing because anyone buying one will do the research on which one is best suited for their needs.

Press ayyy to say thank you

Is this a man or a woman?

A smug son of a bitch

Admit it: You'd let it fuck you, either way.

Without AMD Intel would require always online drm and would charge you by how much cpu you used, and sell dlc to unlock cores and turbo mode. The police would be able to login a nd see what you are doing and read your files. All on your Itanium.

Intel is still setting prices on hardware extremely high.

Their response to AMD has been to call their stuff shit and bribe OEMs some more.

Ayyy
My
Dude

Imagine that...
Always online DRM for overclocks.
If you're not online and authenticated, your CPU clocks down to it's stock base clock and turbo gets disabled.

To be fair, hasn't this always been Intels M.O.?
AMD can't beat you on benchmarks if you rig the benchmark software.

All the evidence you need to know, buying a ryzen this week.

Pentium G4560

>AMD can't beat you on benchmarks if you rig the benchmark software.
Trouble is, a good 80% of Intel's income is the server market, and you can't cheat on SPECint, and that's what everyone uses to base their server purchases on.

I think it is all about being a smart consumer and having financial sense. I don't pay for fancy labels, I don't mind buying generic brands and such. With CPU's we only have two options, and its often easy to determine which one is the superior one. I buy Intel when it makes sense and AMD when that makes sense.

Right now AMD makes all the sense in the world.

The current sweet spot is Ryzen 1700 + Nvidia GPU.

t. AMD shill

Intel's various SKUs penalize the consumer for changing their mind later. They force the consumer to choose between features that do not even need to be exclusive in the first place. Why was virtualization not allowed on "unlocked" chips for years? Why does Intel continue the stupid practice of locking the multiplier on chips in the first place. They could end that and it would probably cut the number of products in their lineup in half. If they quit restricting instruction set extensions to high end chips then people would actually be able to use them.

or they get split to a few separate companies in order to prevent a monopoly

>GO TO GAYBOOK

Doesn’t support AVX 512 or Thunderbolt 3.

Ryzen is literally garbage

They have to make a living. You want to see people stay unemployed?

>AVX meme
Literally nobody cares.
>TB 3
Intel is opening it up, it'll be in AMD chipsets soon. techradar.com/news/intel-has-a-grand-plan-to-bring-thunderbolt-3-ports-to-every-laptop

>Thunderbolt 3.
Only matters for macs and other pcs that don't have pci

I honestly don't care. I had my 6700k for over a year now and I don't plan on upgrading for another 5 years, it's not like AMD or Intel bring any sort of competitive IPC gains when compared to my CPU. I'm happy for people who will get Intel's 5 year old performance for much cheaper but this literally changes nothing for people who already own relatively new CPUs.

AMD failed me because I only carried about their GPU department and this is literally Fury X all over again. I could literally talk about Fury X to describe Vega's launch. A GPU 30% slower than Nvidia's latest offer (980ti for Fury/1080 Ti for Vega) that comes with all your typical AMD issues (higher power consumption combined with higher temps/noise and undeveloped drivers). However this time it seems that Vega might even more expensive than Nvidia alternatives which would kill the only thing they were going for which is price/performance ratio.

And those separate companies would still set prices sky high and work colloboratively to fuck over the consumer, but at least we'd feel better about it

>he wants thunderbolt
>literally pcie that is unsecured

when is amd's new apu lineup?

also 13 inch apu laptops when?

I'm almost positive Nvidia released the 1080ti knowing Vega was on the horizon. All the wonderful Intel/Nvidia hardware you love was a result of Market pressure from AMD. Its all connected.

>Intel's 5 year old performance for much cheaper
Let's see that 8 core 16 thread 65 watt CPU from 2012.

AVX 512 is DOA and will go the way of MMX.

It is Intel feeble attempt to try to fight off Nvidia from taking over HPC market with their GPGPUs.

b-but muh games!!!

single c-core performance is the only thing that m-matters, why do you even need mor than 4 cores, are you hitler??!?!

Yes my Ryzen CPU gets 12,000 more shoahs per second in shoahmark 2017.