AyyyyMD

Do people not realize AMD is a failure as a company?

They just want to do a quick cashgrab, please their stockholders, and leave.

Nothing they've done with with the Zen architecture is innovative. Sandwiching old tech together is nothing new and actually sets a dangerous precedent.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bmrqPJigiVc
pcworld.com/article/3185875/hardware/future-intel-cpus-could-be-cobbled-together-using-different-parts.html
semiwiki.com/forum/content/6879-exclusive-globalfoundries-discloses-7nm-process-detail.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hi JIDF,

how's Chaim doing?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bmrqPJigiVc

Lisa is my waifu. Already made $20k

And intels processors are still worse than that

Women make terrible CEOs.

B-but is that thing a woman?

I don't believe in shills but this is getting ridiculous.

Meanposters pls go
Dr. Su is based af

YAMEROOO

>Women make terrible CEOs

She is quite literally the best CEO that AMD have ever had, after years of failures by men.

Really stimulates the synapses.

It's not shills. It's retarded fanboys.

Shills are better because they do it for the money meanwhile fanboys really believe the bullshit they say.
It's disgusting.

It is ok when Intel, does it.

after those slides I really can't tell anymore
it's in bizarre post post modernism territory at this point

I think it's AMD shills pretending to be Intel shills/fanboys and ironically acting retarded.

5 shekels have been placed into your account, thank you goyim

If you want cock candy CEOs, go ask the rotting and dismembered corpse of Yahoo how that works out. You want to fuck a bitch like Meyer, but you want to work for a woman like Su.

>Literally posting a 10 year old CPU
>No better technology existed back then, especially in fabrication

LMFAO kys faggot

you can't exclude it's intel fanboys pretending to be amd fanboys pretending to be intel fanboys

ThreadRipper? Moar like intel BUTTHOLE ripper amirite

The principle worked for Intel so why cant the same work for AMD?

true

Because it's not 2007

hehe preach it

>implying you wouldn't buttchug dr. Su as she teaches you Maxwell's equations

>implying it's the exact same tech

So if even something gives out good results it is still bad because it is based off an old idea? You aren't making much sense here user.

what a gr8 little ceo

We didn't even have SSDs in 2007.
We literally just started having smartphones that were worth having (iPhone 1)

Do you even know wtf you're talking about idiot poo?

What does that have to do with anything? If something works then it works.

I see we've went from gluing to sandwiching.

It's 2017 moron, they should have spent more R&D money on developing something more innovative.

Intel is the only one doing innovative work, albeit slow.

They need to go to 10nm then 7nm and change from current fabrication to something else.

Innovation means moving forward not moving backwards. Who still uses phones with actual keypads? Answer: No one.

Yea Intel's version was ran through the FSB (so was kinda closer to being literally glued together) while AMD's is an evolution of hyper transport and brings it more internal.

t. silicon sandwich artisan

Intel is falling, AMD has ryzen

Oh just like it's stock huh?

Kek

I've been checking their stock for like 6 months now. After every new product announcement the stock either dips or stays the same. What a shit company, it's literally run by poos and chinks.

Even Jewish owned Intel is more American than AyyyyMD

Monolithic dies have existed long before the "glue" design, does that make the monolithic design obsolete / even more outdated?

>does that make the monolithic design obsolete / even more outdated?
Yes it does, idiot.

Things are getting smaller and more efficient.

Lo and behold, AyyyyMD comes up with a fucking giant frankenstein CPU just to (((trick))) consumers into buying that trash.

Most people are not even going to need 6 let alone 8 or 16 core CPUs.

The overall point is to make more efficient CPUs and smaller in size.

Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

I feel sorry for you user. Get help.

Taking inspiration from the past isn't a bad idea, especially if it gives results. the tech behind the ways things were glued together is different. Even Intel is researching the tech with EMIB.
>inb4 its ok if Intel is doing it

Hi intel, how the things are going with amazon and google? Having fun?
I bet you guys are offering quite a few things to keep em on your game, probably even yours smooth butts.

I just went to that youtube video and copied a reply from there.

People this butthurt over some companies in this board?

Sup Forums, you are your own problem. If you stopped responding to bait threads like these, fewer would be made.
Report and hide.

>Most people are not even going to need 6 let alone 8 or 16 core CPUs.
>The overall point is to make more efficient CPUs and smaller in size.
Then Isn't Intel doing the irrelevant shit in your eye? The i9 series fall fowl of that.

>poe's law applied to poe's law

>The overall point is to make more efficient CPUs and smaller in size.
Like, CPUs that use less power, offer an high IPC performance and integrate other functions of the system on it to also cut costs and power consumption?

AMD got you covered.
Covered in punches with the raven ridge that will do basically all that AND offer a much better GPU performance.

>Yes it does
k so you just said intel's monolithic dies are obsolete (i.e. all their modern product lines)... I'm confused now.

Maybe was right.

Your 350W CPU got you all hot and bothered?

>Sandwiching old tech together is nothing new
>and actually sets a dangerous precedent.

Still trying to reconcile these two points.

Don't bother, Intelbabies just spew whatever marketing garabage they're told to. They have no idea why they say it, but whatever it is bad because they're told so.

Much like Trump voters.

>Lo and behold, AyyyyMD comes up with a fucking giant frankenstein CPU just to (((trick))) consumers into buying that trash.
If you want to talk about Frankenstein.
pcworld.com/article/3185875/hardware/future-intel-cpus-could-be-cobbled-together-using-different-parts.html

Zen actually tries a lot of new shit, one being the neural network to tackle branch prediction.

It's a long explanation on the why, but the CPU must know if a conditional branch (a jump in the code that might or might not be taken) is going to be taken 20 cycles ahead, or it half processes 19 other instructions that will not be used and will have to dump em and reprocess the right ones, and this happens a LOT.

Athlon 64, phenons, bulldozers, pentium 4, arm etc use the statistical method:
>this branch was taken 60% of the time, so assume taken
Intel core 2 duo and up adds up pattern recognition
>Hey! i know this branch! it will be a taken!
And Zen uses a neural network for that
>[Squishy brain noises] IT'S A TAKEN!

Bait/10

Solid analogy actually

Kek.
They have so little yields that they plan to reuse old processes.
Intel must sell his fabs. Is wasting money with them.

t. cuck.

Because she's Asian

There are exceptions for everything on the world, which is why you use merit to judge people, but exceptions are exceptions, which again is why you use merit to judge people.

>

Because shes not a woman, shes asian.

THREE THOUSAND SIXTY FOUR :^)

>more innovative
Like MCM CPUs with virtually linear scaling all the way to 64c/128t? :^)

>SIXTY FOUR

>tfw still rocking with an amd FX 6100

feels good not being jewed out, this baby still kills any game since i overclocked it to 5.0ghz

I'd let that rip my threads, if you know what I mean.

>Intel is the only one doing innovative work, albeit slow
lol. Intel is about to lose their fab advantage.

semiwiki.com/forum/content/6879-exclusive-globalfoundries-discloses-7nm-process-detail.html

Intel didn't have Infinity Fabric. It was literally just FSB.

>idiot poo
lmao.

Dangerous precedent for what, affordable cpus? Oh no, anything but affordable cpus. I want to pay more for less.

Intel is coming out with a new arch soon anyway
With i9 they judt throw out the rest of the old silicon they still have.
Intel has like 10x the manpower and actually builds processor's themselves instead of letting pajeets do it for them. I bet half the technology in ryzen is stolen directly from core series processor's via reverse engineering. AMD just isn't good enough. I'm not saying AMD should go bankrupt and I'm not even a Intel fanboy. Actually I don't even have a notebook or PC anymore , only tablet and smartphone. Everyone who thinks AMD can beat Intel is a daydreamer. Just look at AVX512, AMD doesn't even come close.

>1 month

>"new" arch
>which is gutted x86 with parts chopped for oversized vectors

Yep, so "small" and "efficient" that they're now impossible to cool properly, right Brian?

Stale pasta is stale.