pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Learn to touch type:
keybr.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/kbd75-custom-mechanical-keyboard-kit
youtube.com/watch?v=qHAFpK-0hug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The 75% layout sucks tho and wouldn't recommend it.
What's so shitty about it? I've already made my buy so I guess it doesn't matter. Is it just because stuff isn't where you usually expect it to be?

Its nice that the numpad on the model M SSK can do alt codes

75% is a great layout, the best compact layout IMO. The only thing bad about it is finding alternate keycap sets.

If you want compact get a compact 80% its a shame they aren't as popular and only korean customs make them

HRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN
j/k yay F keys

>Model Meme

>tfw comfy function keys and a escape key
>tfw theres people out there who are okay with a touch bar

enjoy latency and no input feedback

>tfw applel is paving the way for full touchscreen keyboards on laptops
>tfw 5 years from now even $100 walmart pc laptops will have shitty applel knock-off touchscreen keyboards
>tfw they will still be 1366x768

REEEEEEEE

What is your opinion about kalih blue switches?

Any news of the new Motospeed CK101? $45.99 from the gearbest. Best tkl for the price?

>that keycap printing

Nah tomoko is cheaper and is just as well built. Should've picked up during prime day, tho I think there are a couple coupons left

>bestgoy

>gaybeast

Fantastic, f keys, just needs a numpad to be perfect.

>buy this
>it goes on sale like 3 days later
reee

great keyboard though

>100 dorra
>eu / uk
>cherry mx black
>ansi
>i know its difficult. but 90%, if not possible then TKL
>Backlight, yes please
> laptop

Why is Godspeed so hyped

Probably the most boring set out there

Classic Beige is better

YMD96
coolermaster masterkeys pro m

Rocking a Rantopad MXX I bought a couple weeks ago, liking it so far. Tkl with gateron blacks/browns/blues (reds went mia, out of stock maybe). It does have fixed height and shit abs caps, but from what I've gathered with the fellow Sup Forumsentoomen it seems to be 100% mx compatible, so the latter is fixable down the road with a nice set of pbt keycaps. Oh and it should you well below your $100 limit.

Is there any way I can use the KBDFans massdrop just to get the keycaps with no keyboard parts?

massdrop.com/buy/kbd75-custom-mechanical-keyboard-kit

i don't think you can, that's the only real appeal of the massdrop, so you can save a bit of money if you buy both the keyboard and the fancy keycaps

ymd96 is nowhere available
cm masterkeys pro m, there is no mx black wariant.

then forget about 90%

What's 90%

Its right there tho on another layer :^)

this layout

Nobody will help me

fuck that shit, it doesn't have an F row, real 90% has F keys

Luckily for you kailh has a review of them that's 100% biased

That's 80%, not to be confused with TKL

80% = TKL

TKL would be closer to 85%

good luck finding a non-shill who has tried all of
>cherry mx blue
>gateron blue
>outemu blue
>kailh blue
and
>who isn't retarded and tried all of them with the same keycaps
to be able to give you an informed opinion

i'll finish this set one day

80% = TKL is the established nomenclature just google it. the crap is so non-standard it doesn't even deserve an "official" name yet

digging the color scheme

Not aligned, not instantly available, not intuitive, might as well not exist in that form.

>when you press the keys on your old membrane keyboard for shits and giggles
ahahahaha it's so fucking bad and plebs still use this shit in 2017. there are even sour grapes fags who know about mechanical keyboards but still reject them

What do you think of the R51? I think it looks fucking great but I also have a personal aversion to remington products in general.

>Budget - Location - USA
>Preferred switch type - Cherry MX Red/white
>Layout - ANSI
>Form factor - 100%, preferably with Macro keys
>Backlight - Yes
>Previous/current keyboards - Early 200s dell mechanical.

I'm new to the mechanical keyboard scene, so beginner suggestions are welcome.

preferred form factor?

Its on there.
100%?

Bought a fc660 and it'll be here today. I'm coming from a ducky shine 5. What am I in for faggots?

preferred form factor?

5) Form factor
Specifies the amount of keys your keyboard will have:
- 100% - full keyboard with function keys, navigation section and numpad,
- 80% or TKL (tenkeyless) - usually without numpad, but there are also keyboards without arrows instead,
- 60% - no numpad, function and navigation keys are on a function layer.
- 65-75% - different variations of previously described.

>know someone who has one of those shitty old corsair k90's where they are half cherry reds half membrane
>don't like cherry reds personally, but fuck me those membranes are bad

Its still a numpad. It even does alt codes :0)

>88/104 = 84.6%
calls it 80%
wew lad

I'm looking at some pictures and despite the name there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in size between 75% and 80%. Does 80% have a slightly larger spacebar?

>- 60% - no numpad, function and navigation keys are on a function layer.
Lol you couldn't be any more wrong.
Those percentages just specify the size of the keyboard.
This keyboard is 60% yet it has a numpad and navigation keys.

this
is a 75%

an 80% is standard tkl, even though its closer to 85%

it's got nothing to do with the size retard, it's the number of keys compared to a 100%

>Early 200s
damn nigga you ancient

He probably means a Dell AT101W he got for pennies/free once and has been using for a while.

It does tho. 60% is 15u X 5u. Doesn't matter what keys you put there. For All I care it could be nothing buy shift keys, if it fits in that footprint its 60%

no it's not

75% and similar layouts require a slightly nonstandard layout to squeeze the bottom row because of the arrow keys. this can be solved in different ways for example with 1u alt+fn+ctrl or with 5.5u spacebar or with 1.5u ctrl+alt + 7u spacebar + 1.5u alt+ctrl

oh and the 1.75u right shift instead of 2.75u to make room for the up arrow key

You're a dumdum

Then you have this monstrosity of a a non standard keyboard

I use layers to get around lack of keys, works great once you get used to it.

that is the dumbest keyboard layout I've seen yet.

ignoring the 2u esc and del that's p sexy

It does tho. 60% refers to the size of the keyboard compared to a full size, hence the percentage. Do the math
62/104 = 59.6%
The size of the keyboard has nothing to do with the layout of the keys. They could all be function keys and as long as it fits that size its a 60%

You haven't seen much have you then?

1.5u. check out drevo excalibur for something similar

Okay that's the dumbest layet I've ever seen
>3 shift keys
For what purpose?

Nah i've already got a couple of 75%, want to go back to tkl but they're obviously not that cool these days

been tempted by that moon board

the bottom two keys are probably mapped to space and fn/backspace

Flip your fucking space bar before you destroy your thumbs.

No, if that was proven to be more ergonomic every keyboard would do it.

How far can we go

I'm thinking just alphas, where some keys act as modifiers when long-pressed, could theoretically work. That would be literally 25%.

They likely shift to different layers

they do it because of
>tradition
>pre-existing molds
>aesthetics (flipped spacebar looks out of place to normies)
>the user can flip it themselves

when the keyboard maker can design their own keycaps from scratch, it's not that uncommon for them to make spacebars that are shaped/tilted differently

youtube.com/watch?v=qHAFpK-0hug

A lot of keyboards don't allow for flipped space bars because the manufacturers never considered it to be important to anyone. The proper typing position should keep your thumbs well above the space bar, not resting on a slanted space bar so I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be flipped.

Does anyone have that video of some Japanese ladies working on the closed captioning for their television company live? It was like a behind the scenes video from a few years ago. I can't find it anywhere but I really want to take a better look at the keyboards they use.

Is this the most autistic general on Sup Forums? Holy shit, just buy a fucking keyboard, you don't need changing keys, you don't need arguing what's best between 100% or whatever, hell most of you probably don't even have use for a mechanical keyboard in the first place.
I just don't understand what you can discuss all the fucking time. It's just a fucking keyboard goddamnit.

Just where do you think you are?

you do know what being a hobbyist is? Literally every facet of life has it's hobbyist communities. Everyone knows you can just buy paper plates or get yourself some fine china. I'll actually go out on a limb and say the very fact that the concept of preference is alien to you, that you yourself are probably the true autist here.

>people arent allowed to like watches
>or cars
>or antiques
>or knives
>or guns
>or clothes

You sound a little bit silly now, don't you?

faggot confirmed
and refuted.

Do I?

Where can I buy PBT keycaps for an Alps keyboard? Specifically a KBP V80 if it matters.

AT101W's aren't PBT caps, are they? I have one in a drawer somewhere.

enjoying stuff is stupid right user!

fuck you

yes.

Absolutely.

For new keycaps you're limited to SP. Matias is making PBT keycaps, but that's at least a year away. I know the old dell at101s had PBT keycaps, except for the space bar, but they switch to ABS in the newer models. If the keycaps have a yellow tint to them, then they are ABS

>you're limited to SP
SP?

>hurr this hunk of cheap plastic and rubber is the pinnacle of technology

Don't mind me I'm just being the best mechanical keyboard available.

>best switches
>best form factor
>comfiest keypress sound

What more could you want? And if you say a numpad, you gay.

>Fn PgUp PgDn
ATREHG[OIAMKJRG;KOAJM E G;LKAMERGFUCKINGUGH

>no f keys
>retarded layout
Get out.

Bump for F keys.

You served me well back in my D2 LOD days and I still utilize you today for my browser.

Signature plastics is currently the only one making PBT keycaps for Alps. If you want ABS you have plenty of options from matias, tai-hao, diatech, and even SP themselves

nice wasted space faggot

you can see the F keys in that picture

>he doesnt know what function layers are

>Budget - €150 - €300.
>Location - BE/EU.
>Preferred switch type - Tactile but silent.
>Layout - ISO.
>Form factor - TKL.
>Backlight - Not required.
>Previous/current keyboards - Logitech G510. I want to free up some desk space.

I'd also like it very much if it has good keykaps so that I don't have to hunt down
an aftermarket ISO set.