Ok Sup Forums, I'll give you a chance to convince me to switch from windows to linux

ok Sup Forums, I'll give you a chance to convince me to switch from windows to linux.
If I play gaymes, care about battery life and easy to use interface, why would I do that?

There is overwatch in Linux

I don't care what you use.

I don't think you heard him.
He wants to be convinced.
He needs everyone to know how sure he is of himself.

I don't like this game. I think only 15 year olds play it.
Then why bother shitposting?

You don't do that.
If you want to play games and have an easy to use interface (one you're accustomed to) stay on Windows. The battery life is a different story, there're obviously distros that are extremely light weight, but most battery drain is a result of display brightness so either way if you have a very clean windows install (no bloat) you're gonna get similar results in terms of battery life.

Since you're a gamer, I wouldn't advise switching but dual booting.
I can't answer about battery life because I own a desktop.
There are at least a half dozen interfaces in Linux. Some are easy to use, I'd argue easier than Windows. Some are a bit annoying.

Now, on your main question:

>Free - as in free speech and as in free beer
>Modular - you can customize the shit out of the system depending on your necessities and tastes
>Good performance
>Doesn't dial home

That's it.

>If I play gaymes, care about battery life and easy to use interface, why would I do that?
Why would you not do that?

Having an OS which is not hogging resources to do a (((virus scan))) just because will certainly NOT improve your battery life.

The UI is also easy to use (depending of course on what distro/DE you choose).

There are also a lot of games. From tomb raider, deus ex HR to the Paradox games look into steam you will be surprised by how much is actually supported on Linux.

You are also not forced into choosing one OS. You can switch them any time you boot.

But properly debloated windows 10 also doesn't call home.

>But properly debloated windows 10 also doesn't call home.
Eventually Microsoft is going to "fix" this, though. And you'll need to debloat it again, either on the same system or in W11 or whatever crap is coming. And again. And again...

Also. Windows has the bad habit of bugging you with everything except what you want to know.

You won't contribute anything to the community, won't seed ISO torrents, won't edit Wiki's, won't maintain or package anything and won't donate money, so you'd be a net drain on whichever distro you choose.

Stay with Windows.

>Eventually Microsoft is going to "fix" this, though.
That's why you don't update your system automatically. You check reviews on what they did first.

>Linux mint, elementary OS, Ubuntu
>Wine gaming 9

>you can only use linux if you contribute!
>t. retard

change to mac, buy a ps4.

>That's why you don't update your system automatically. You check reviews on what they did first.
In other words, you spend time checking update per update if it's going to install something you don't want or if you should do it ASAP because it's a security fix.

To be honest I'd rather use a system I trust and spend the same time fapping.

then no one cares what you think, faggot

In a certain sense, using Linux is already a contribution by itself. More users = more devs producing software for those users = more programs for everyone.

Nobody knows you use Linux though.
Not like there are sales figures anywhere.

And if all you do is drain bandwidth for your updates, nobody cares you use it either.

Why you don't do a dualboot ???

I don't waste time on checking what microsoft changes in my system. I do spend this time, but I'd better do that instead of fixing X server everytime I restart my computer.

>dualbooting
>in 2017
what a wasted effort why are linuxbabbies literally this obsessed with being used

because so far my Windows 10 has Ubuntu subsystem with fully operational bash.