"\e[B":history-search-forward

>the default she'll in freenas is tsch and you can't change it

Anyone use Sup Forumsshell?
Is it any good?
github.com/TidOS/gshell

[[

>not zsh
dumb frogposter

I tried out another shell a while back, fish or zsh or something, and listed a programs man page descriptions of the cli options on alongside the autocomplete options. It looked nice. But then my co-worker went to use my machine and got all confused and I switched it back. So, network effects.

>freenas
these pre-configured to shit specialized distros will always let you down. openmediavault and such are awful as well. Just install your OS of choice and configure it properly.

That is a pointless non posix addition.

I'm thinking of writing a shell in Python. You could do shell scripting in python.
>last updated 2016
>2 contributors
Sad. Has there ever been a successful Sup Forums project?

>pointless
How so? You don't need to quote variables, and has extensive tests available

Ignoring the fact that Clover is a broken piece of shit I guess we could count it. I mean sure, it's not even a project started by Sup Forums the guy just happens to post here but it's not like we have anything else...

>cucking yourself with bash
>not using super comfy fish instead
this ofc doesn't mean that you'll write scripts other than your prompt or ones which you intend to share in fish. it's just for convenience in your terminal application

TidOS itself was a success

I never get on well with Bash. Is there a good resource for learning it from the ground up?

Using it, help in bash, RTFM, reading scripts, commandlinefu for some tricks. In this order.

The nyaa replacement?

Because Interix only came with ksh and csh.

All of our ETL codebase at work is in ksh. Apparently ksh93 was a hot thing when my app was designed.

There's naut wrong with Clover, stop lying

>using a shell that turns echo on by default

Preach it, brother

because bash is shit, that's why. I dont know how that thing ever got so popular