Are all "indie game developers" retarded?

By indie game developers I don't mean all of them. There are some great guys like the people behind games like Owlboy or Undertale that are absolutely good guys and good at doing their job.

But there is a big, big part of both successful and, even more, unsuccessful "gamedevXD"s that really should be banned from using a PC.

I was browsing /r/gamedev lately and the amount of retardedness astonished me. Even your stereotypical pajeets are better than those guys, seriously.

There's people claiming that everything more optimized or modular than cowboy coding is overkill, that planning good algorithms instead of just randomly slapping your hands on the keyboard until it "works" is stupid because "it takes too much time", and cherrypie, that "Java is almost as fast as C++ if used properly".

I mean, I know that 99.999999999% of people browsing such subreddits are fags who won't get anywhere with their shitty code, but I was very impressed to see how much compSci ignorance and arrogance mixed there is in those communities compared to basically every other technology field.

Oh yeah I forgot, there are also those guys who say "why do you want to know which technique of doing this is faster? Just do a benchmark!", ignoring basically all of the reasons why algorithm analysis exists (for my friend Tom that browses here who doesn't know: not all PCs have the same exact hardware configuration and while some performance gap could be imperceptible to the point of being impossible to catch on my PC, it could weigh a lot more on another user's less performing one, and even like this, one single execution of a technique on a simple example level doesn't really mirror how things go when there are a lot of players).

So guys, don't study why quicksort is better than bubble sort, just do a 5 elements array and sort them with both, you'll see which one's faster XD
(Fun fact: bubble sort will win)

Dude what r u expecting, game devs are like pariah of programmers

>reddit

>Are all "indie game developers" retarded?
>By indie game developers I don't mean all of them.
Go fuck yourself.

>Java almost as efficient as C++
Yeah for making an Hello World maybe

Name

He means all of them except John Carmack. In which case, he's accurate.

Problem is, these are people who weren't really into CS, they're mostly manchildren who wanted to "maek vidyagaems 4 a lyvign" and found out that "I need 2 learn 2 kode to do it xd" then found out shitty tutorials on youtube and went from knowing nothing to knowing very little but thinking they're gods on earth. Leave them to their fate.

It's incredibly easy to make functioning games now with no prior experience. You shouldn't be surprised. Blame the developers of Unity, Unreal, etc.

I'm glad it's so easy, but I'm pissed off at these guys who treat you like an idiot for, y'know, trying to squeeze some more performance or to make less spaghetti code.

Did any of these guys ever enter a CS college? Probably all of those scam game development schools are where they dwell.

I went to /agdg/ once and they were discussing adding variable timestep to their games with 3 sprites on screen at 320x240 or whatever the fuck resolution
not because they wanted to support super high framerates or anything, no. They wanted to impliment it so that their game would run full speed at 40fps. Because their fucking nigger games were literally dropping frames with 3 things on screen.

Mary Jane

Oh is that Spiderman's girlfriend from the old movies?

check'd and yes

This is gold, they probably used Java/C#'s stock functions or shit like that with garbage collector and messy code and wondered why it was so slow

Thought you would appreciate

I made some classmates read this and we spent 2 good minutes laughing

Java isn't that slow, they fucked something up.

t.made a shitty walking simulator sidescroller a few summers ago

Messing up with a walking simulator is even harder

For 2D, java and C++ are the same shit in terms of speed.

But one of em use a brutal amount of memory, requires the user to install some random version of the JVM and most likely can't into decent frame pacing or joystick support.

>Did any of these guys ever enter a CS college?
With Unity, I don't think high school is even necessary.

>reddit

Well I have an even better story.

I had this friend who was in college with me first year. Computer Science degree. We became friends and wanted to make a gaym together. We started studying shit (more like, I started studying shit, he started good but then went on saying his part bored him out etc...), so when I had wasted a lot of time on this project and even got left behind on some exams for this (I made like only 3 exams out of 6 our first year had), he passed 0 exams because he was a retard and made also very little progress on his part of work. At that point, when I had made basically everything for a first prototype of the game and asked him where his models (he had to do some modeling) were, he said that he found out that working on our project was not what he really wanted, and shit like that. I tried to be comprehensive because I didn't want to lose his friendship, even though this pissed me off a lot, and moved on.
He then left college and started a scam gamedev school that charged him a lot of money (like, one year there costs more than 2 at my college, which is a good one) for teaching him only some basic shit about unity and c# he could find on YouTube and leaving him with no useful title (it's not even recognized as a degree).

What pissed me off a lot was that after abandoning me as a fool and starting this shitty course, he would go bragging everywhere on his shitty social medias about how happy he was that he was studying for his dream job and that he finally found his real way (cause yeah studying hard but useful stuff while working with a friend wasn't fine but being scammed while your parents think they're using their money well while they'll have a jobless son in 3 years apparently is). I also experienced a period of depression shortly after the breakup, for personal reasons that made this betrayal look like nothing at all, and you can imagine how nice it was to see this douche act all smiley while I was experiencing literal hell.

[Continues]
At least now I see that he's still attending that scam course (he said he would leave after 2nd year initially but it seems like he wants to be scammed at the very end as he wrote on his Facebook that he'll be attending it for next year too) and will most lokely do nothing (he didn't even touch anything else than C# in 2 years and is only now learning some basic C++ because next year they'll be doing... advanced conceptual stuff you think? No! Starting over with learning Unreal engine and C++'s basics they could learn on youtube and then some JavaScript totally random. At least he'll know how to do a malloc at the very end. Hope they'll teach him the free too), while I am one exam away from becoming a graduate in Computer science.

Fuck him and all of the problems that made me depressed for all of that time.

What a fucking douchebag. That guy probably browses that subreddit.

I prefer Ms Potts

No! That's where you're wrong. That guy was such a fucking normie that he wouldn't go past Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, Reddit was deep web for him.

Gosh, those are normies among normies.

We can discuss if middle school is any use

Such a pity she was played by an average looking disney star tomboyish black girl in homecoming, at least the other black girl, the one Peter's in love with, is very cute. I have nothing against putting more color people, as I already said I really appreciated Liz's looks, just don't make a character known for being very hot a random tomboy.

Those game schools should be made illegal. If you want to be a good programmer, study computer science for Pete's sake. Other "simpler" ways are scams.

Funny how people actually goes there. I mean, why would you trust someone who never worked at any successful videogame and who's not recognized by the state for teaching you?

You were too good on him user...