Why isn't there a decent PS3 emulator?

Why isn't there a decent PS3 emulator?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpcs3.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PS3s are cheap. Stop being a poorfag and stop being autistic.

VLC can play blu-rays just fine

rpcs3.net/

I don't own a TV tho...

I said decent.

That thing is a piece of shit.

>want to play MGS3 and 4
>no PS3, no can do :(
MGS:V is not a true MGS game.

TVs are cheap too. Go to your nearest Goodwill or thrift/charity shop and pick up a 20-30" LCD TV for like

Though based on power PC, the cell processor had a unique instruction set and that makes reverse engineering and translating code far harder.

It's a complex system that most likely isn't fully documented

MGS3 is on the PS2 (which has emulators for the PC) Xbox 360 and the 3DS.

programming games for the PS3 was extremely difficult, which was the main reason for it having very little games on it's early years. The reason for that difficulty was the OS/Kernel itself, designed in a very unusual way compared to the PC and other consoles. Emulating that complexity is a living nightmare.

But the graphics are not the same.

of course not. If you care about visual quality the xbox360 version wins. If you want innovative gameplay instead, the 3DS version wins. If you want the original experience, obviously the PS2 wins.

source: I've played them all.

Use your monitor

How do you play MGS4 without a PS3?

I thought we were talking about MGS3?

It's CPU is shit, that's why. It's one proper core and then like 6 floating point cores. It's a fucking bitch to emulate. It's also a bitch to develop for.

The reason for the difficulty was the Cell CPU being a piece of shit.

Both. I like MGS in general, but I do not own any consoles. MGS1 on PS1 emu, MGS2/3 on PS2 emu, and MGS:V on PC. What about 4?

Youtube, there's so little gameplay

The real travesty is that the PS3 still isn't universally hacked. In 2017, it should be like the PSP and you can just install cfw on any version.

you're screwed, you need a ps3 unless you wait for sony to release a digital PS4 compatible version (prolly gonna happen within the next couple of years considering the PS3's age)

fun fact: MGS2 has a native PC version that looks and plays way better than the PS2 emulation.

>MGS2 has a native PC version
Tried torrenting it a couple of times, and the files had a virus. Cannot find a place to purchase this legally.

Sony does not want my $$$. Or maybe it is Konami.

Better question, why doesn't a PS4 emulator exist yet? Doesn't it basically use two underpowered laptop APUs that have been bolted together?

>PS4 emulator
What PS4 full exclusives are there?

bloodborne

need I say more?

Some googling also shows:

-Uncharted 4

And maybe the upcoming Death Stranding, if Kojima lets go of his senses.

Is it worth it to have an emulator for 2 games?

I want to play the FF12 remaster.

Idolmaster Platinum Stars

what about rpcs3