What tech brands do you avoid at all costs?

What tech brands do you avoid at all costs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sousveillance
youtu.be/zoGl8-Wc-L0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Samsung

snsv

anything from china tbqh

ASUS

have had 2 DOA's with them and they have the worst customer support I've ever had to deal with.

HP, Dell, Apple

Seagate
Applel
NoVidia

so you own literally nothing?

i own ur mum

What is she's a chink?

not even VE Monks?

AMD
ASUS
Western Digital
Anything that runs lagdroid

Shit that is designed with bright edgy graphics and ridiculous product names like "Xtreme" or "Fyre"

Apple
Microshit
Sony

intel

I avoid apple, it's the official phone for poorfags and not just any kind of poorfag, it's for poorfags who want to delude themselves that they're rich because they can afford a $700 phone.

Ati

Texas Instruments.

Mediatek/Kirin/Exynos. Things that guarantee that custom ROMs are gonna be shitty.

Microsoft. We joke about the Google botnet, but Microsoft made a botnet built into a the operating system.

google

>worries about that when there's literally a botnet processor inside his processor

why? i love my Ti89

That's why I've given up. Panopticism has won, I have a sanguine attitude towards my privacy the longer I have learned about NSA capability.

Avoided without hesitation:

Apple
Samsung
Huewei
Microsoft
Intel
Sony

Partial boycott:
Google
Nvidia

I don't think I avoid any brands at all costs. That would be pretty autistic. I prefer certain things because I'm familiar with them, but that doesn't mean I won't try anything new. Sometimes you get a lemon and have to rma a part, but it doesn't mean that company is shit across the board.

Brand loyalty is retarded.

Seagate

Any server Dell's produced in 2017.

Cheap rj45 crimp tools

I pretty much get to replace components in a large contracted datacenter for a very popular cloud provider, so I see a lot of hardware failure with 10's of thousands of servers to manage.

I cannot reiterate enough about Seagate. I don't think you could pay me to use a Seagate HDD at this point. I've seen entire lots have 50-60% failure rates.

I second this, the $350 mobo I bought from them turned out to be flaky as shit and they literally owe me $20 from a rebate they never paid me.

Their products are overpriced and often inferior to the competition. Rather than innovate they just bribe school districts and pay textbook publishers to recommend their shit.

Obviously that doesn't mean you have to jump into every botnet. For example I'm not improving privacy for the sake of privacy - only if it comes with benefits. Like, no gapps saves battery life, ad blocking(including social buttons) improved page loading speed and performance. Etc.

Acer, HP (consumer line), Biostar

that's about it.

it's having enough bad experiences with a company's products and services to just say no. It's perfectly normal to think, "well this company has been nothing but shit to me; I'm not going to give them money any more." As for me:

apple - features, compatibility
hp, compaq - build quality
seagate - reliability
nvidia - drivers and support

Forgot to mention partial boycott of Amazon.

Also, brands I endorse:

Moto
Gigabyte
HP
Kobo
AMD

Samsung, HP, Corsair PSUs

Apple: Expensive and limited
HP: Low end laptops burn the gpu after only a year or two
Seagate: 3TB drive failures
Nvidia: Poor Linux drivers and support

Every manufacturer has problems eventually. Sometimes a design just doesn't work out, or you get a bad run. If you're consistently non-competitive though, then you'll run into the ground as your competition eats your lunch over and over again. Margins on tech are so tight that basically you get what you pay for.

Brand loyalty is retarded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm running Ublock Origin on a strict profile; but to say that I expect someone to not know who I am as I write this is a non sequitur, in my mind. There is no such thing as total privacy on the internet, since the U.S. government controls the basic silicon components for all systems.

Apple: Restricted ecosystem, far too overpriced
Seagate: Reliability in the years recent
HP: Just dogshit laptops, from function to build quality
Alienware: Need to explain?
Samsung (Phones mostly): major disagreeance on phone hardware and software design and optimization, along with pricing for said hardware/software

reason for corsair psu h8? I have a nice used 550W model that is fine.
can you explain the pros and cons of Ublock origin if government controls silicon? What does this even mean?

can you direct me to some source that eviscerates samsung phones? I honestly don't keep up with mobile tech and I have a samsung...

HP, Google, Facebook.

wtf they make great silicon. Are you judging them based on a fucking calculator ? You know they make most of their money from their electronic components business ?

Just because you can't escape the NSA doesn't mean you shouldn't protect yourself from Sergei's virus vectored through malicious ads. Ublock does the latter.

Seagate and Acer.
Everything else is up to user reviews and experience.

What browser should I add it on? Im a win 10 gaymer faggot that is forced to use ipad/imac at work so I never got to giving a shit about my data. I have a windows 7 computer I havent booted up in a couple years tho so theres that bastion of freedom...

>apple
>compatibility

Compatible with what? Hipster culture?

Apple
HTC
Microsoft
Samsung

Sup Forums, World Wide Web, Internet, and Wi-Fi

/thread

LG phones and Apple.

The only brands I will avoid based on name are shifty ones for PSUs.

I keep an open mind otherwise.

Sony
Western Digital

These two really hate me or im just unlucky

>Acer
>Steelseries
>Razer
>AMD
>Samsung

>Apple
>Apple
>Apple
>Apple
>Apple
>Apple
>Apple.
OP said tech companies, not toy companies.

Samsung
Apple
Wacom
Yamaha
Razer
Steelseries
Acer
Dell
Xiaomi

Also I hate nintendo but still own a 3DS fuck me

My one died after a month and the returns policy was complete jew.

ASUS and microsoft. Both overpriced.

Razer and Apple

Dyson

AMD
Apple
Microsoft
OCZ
MSI
Razer
That faggy $700 pocket computer being shilled today on Sup Forums
Anything crowdfunded

Forgot blackberry

Apple
Microfuck
Intel
Nvidia
Razer
Samsung
Seagate
HP

D-Link.
But i guess that's just common knowledge by now.

Micocuntsoft.

LG

Was literally about to post this. I have gotten too much shit from them, my house has all lg kitchen equipment and I had their phones but their customer service is so shit and the product quality is shit. The phones died repeatedly, my oven doesn't keep temp well, fridge keeps having issues. The only thing that has worked well is my oven\ microwave combo.

Microsoft
Samsung
LG
HTC
AMD
ASUS
ACER
Gayman brand in general (e.g. Razer)

the internet is a botnet you dumbass if you dont like it stop using it

MSI
Gigabyte

bad experiences with their shitty hardware and/or bios

Mine died too, after a year and a half, I opened s request and had a new one within a week. You might just have bad luck mate.

>Dell
As of recent? They were shit before they went private, but I've been impressed with what I've seen since.

>Seagate
They went to shit after the Thai floods.

You cannot stop panopticism, but you can repurpose it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sousveillance

youtu.be/zoGl8-Wc-L0

max kek my friend

Nvidia
Samsung
HP
Acer
Intel (new)

Apple
Anything from China (Huawei etc)
Anything from the USA (Whirlpool etc)

Too bad I can't get rid of Google stuff at the moment, but the day will come.

Apple,

Well I used to have an Ipod when they were actualy miles ahead of any other product on the market. Apple was awesome back in those days.

Now they are just milking tech illiterate normies with overpriced outdated tech.

Only thing they can still do well is design socs for phones.

Apple and Seagate come to mind.

>Apple
>Google
>Microsoft

Samdung
Horse Piss/Penis
Acer
Toughshitbruh

I don't get anything worth SHAT

Fpbp

Applel
Samsung
Lenovo
Oracle
Google
SAP

>What tech brands do you avoid at all costs?
anything shilled on Sup Forums

fuck dyshit

Diesoon

I remember a time when OCZ made desktop memory and I paid $140 for 6GB of RAM. A year later they drop out of that race and that same memory kit went all the way down to $10 with a rebate, or $30 without.

Most murican appliances are made in Canada. I'll just leave it at that.

>brands I endorse
>Gigabyte
Kek. I wouldn't touch a gigabyte mobo or gpu if you offered it for free.

OCZ's rebates where god tier, but I always had issues with almost everything that I ever bought from them.

google
intel

Nothing but bad experience with consumer Dell. Asus on the other hand has been great top quality stuff.

Linux

% crapware.

HP
Compaq
Lenovo
Dell

I don't avoid based on brand I avoid based on poor reviews and high price.

Apple
Acer
Razer
AMD
But Ryzen is tempting

MSI
biostar
acer
asrock
crosair
cooler master
EVGA

Seagate
HP (except for calculators)
Kingston

After fucking up X299 as badly as they've managed, Intel. Never again. Can't wait to upgrade to Ryzen tbqh.

Microsoft
Apple
ASUS
HP
Dell (newer models)
Lenovo (post x220 stuff)
Samsung
Intel (post 2008)
AMD (post 2013)
google
Nvidia (cards that can't run Nouveau)
Yahoo