>2:1 aspect ratio
>curved corners
>butt ugly design
>a squeezable frame
>fuckhuge camera lens
>possibly no headphone jack
>made by LG, home of the neverending bootloop
>always-on display
We made fun of Google for the first Pixel but now they've completely shat the bed. Oh well, at least we get dual speakers this time.

DOA

the only one that's DOA is your first born child.

Galaxy S8: Pixel edition

0/10 the grim aspect outweighs the funny

fpnbp

>We made fun of Google for the first Pixel
But the pixel is actually a decent phone user

t.someone-who-actually-owns-a-pixel-and-not-some-salty-chinkphone-user

I know, but when it first came out everyone blasted it for having fuckhuge bezels and such. I know the Pixel is a wonderful phone, but the Pixel 2 isn't looking so great.

>curved corners
who the actual fuck thought rounded screen corners were a good idea?

FUCKING FINALLY
Can't stand rounded corners and I really hope the Galaxy S8 and G6 aren't indicative of what all smartphones are going to look like in the near future. I can deal with a 2:1 ratio but fucking rounded corners are a dealbreaker for me.

are you guys retarded? this is an objectively attractive phone.

I for one like the look t b h

Nah, not DOA, I've already seen redditfags gushing over this thing. Also it's a Google phone, so even more so.

Shit taste. It's so ugly.

>a squeezable frame
Why?

[sigh]

Looks awesome.

You sound like a fuckass.

Can someone explain how all the manufacturers converged to using 2:1 aspect ratio all around the same time?

>no sign of stereo speakers
>Headphone jack still a mystery
>Same weird ass useless glass panel/metal back
>Probably no wireless charging again
>bring in one of the most gimmicky features of a device to date, because the Pixel 2 XL is basically a skin deep redesign of the HTC U11.
>Regular size Pixel 2 will be made by LG, not HTC, will likely not have a headphone jack, and will probably have bootloop issues

Fucking christ Google, just go back to the Nexus program already. This shit is crashing and burning before it ever had a chance.

>LG did it
>people didn't hate it
meanwhile
>Samsung needed a reason for the S8 to be a bestseller after that whole Note 7 fiasco
>Samsung sees that people didn't hate the G6
>Samsung revamps the S8 with a 2:1.1 display with edgememes and rounded corners
>Samsung sells a shitload of S8s because normies will buy anything if it looks cool
>everybody else sees that Samsung is selling a shitload of phones and wants in on the action
>end of story
also
>Apple is now in deep shit because every Android phone is going bezel-less and the iPhone sort of needs to have a huge bezel because of the home button
>we're all stuck wondering what Apple is going to do

because it'll sell

>because of the home button
why?

Apple seems to have two options.
1.) Get rid of the home button entirely and replace it with an on-screen one in order to eliminate bezel
2.) Move the home button somewhere else, say, the back of the phone. Or make the home button insanely tiny.
The reason they're going to have to fuck with the home button is because people are going to demand a bezel-less iPhone, despite the fact that that doesn't really need to exist.

Only reason phones are going bezel-less is because of the Mii Mix.

Then Apple, LG, and Samsung jumped on it cause of the acclaim it got.

Right, I forgot about the Mi Mix. Thanks for reminding me.

The Mi Mix kind of started it all. Actually, the Aquos Crystal did it in 2014 but no one cared. Then the Mi Mix made it look pretty and people lost their shit.

It looks ten times better than the first one.

Are we looking at the same image?

The first Pixel is butt fucking ugly. Basically 50% display to body ratio, xbox huge glass table and it's a fucking wedge.

The first Pixel being ugly does not make this one any less ugly, even by comparison.

Except its not less ugly, its a vast improvement over the original Pixel.

The new one is way better. It could still be ugly, but it's still a huge improvement as I mentioned before

I'll probably finally upgrade my Nexus 5, that looks pretty neat.

It's so easy. You just need a pretty well calibrated screen with a fast refresh rate, dual front facing speakers, small bezels, a nice squared edge all around and a good back camera.

Oh, and also 2 MicroSD slots.

And 128GB of PCIe SSD storage.

The S8 is the perfect design EXCEPT the fingerprint sensor placement.

The S8 isn't the normie phone the way you're saying it. The only true normie phone is the iPhone.

>The S8 isn't the normie phone the way you're saying it. The only true normie phone is the iPhone.
Now you're just being delusional.

There is no advantage or innovation to having curved edges or rounded corners on a hilariously tall phone.
None.

The S8 pretty much ONLY sold because it looks cool. The design is not perfect at all, it's just pretty. There's a difference.

>fucking wedge.

The lack of camera bump is unironically one of my favourite things about the Pixel.

The wedge may not be as good as having a normal shaped phone, but at least they did something to address the issue

>The S8 is the perfect design

It has a dedicated Bixby button

DESU the headphone jack is make or break for me.
If they cuck out on this I'm going to buy an iPhone hands down.

otherwise the phone looks good...

>If they cuck out on this I'm going to buy an iPhone hands down.
But user...the iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack either.

>DESU the headphone jack is make or break for me.
>If they cuck out on this I'm going to buy an iPhone hands down.

Fucking newfag

No fuck you're right, I do hate that button. The case I have makes the buttons extra touchy.

SO OKAY
Get rid of the Bixby button and move the fingerprint sensor.
Agree.

The shape is comfortable, high quality, and functionally no better or worse than anything else. However! The black S8 Plus is a beautiful monolith of phone. Highly recommend.

Stop shilling, Pajeet

Why get rid of it? You can remap it to any action you like. Free physical button.

>made by LG, home of the neverending bootloop
Fuck off.

>Pixel
Into the trash.

But it's true? My g3 and g4 are currently on loop

Then you're retarded. As someone who has owned every LG G series since the G2, I have never experienced this meme.

>something happening, which has been even put on the news, makes me retarded
>works on my machine ;)
Fuck off retard.

>You can remap it to any action you like.
They keep patching it. It is locked down at this point

>If I don't have the problem, the problem must not exist!
You need to stop thinking in memes.

I will literally never upgrade from my Nexus 6. Fuck all of this new phone design bullshit.

>This is user.
>user is still using a nexus 6
>in 2017, he said he would "literally ever upgrade from [his] Nexus 6," a phone from 2014, because of "all of this new phone design bullshit"
>that was 20 years ago
>nowadays, his phone takes 20 minutes to boot up and he hasn't downloaded anything new in 10 years due to the lack of space
>the phone unexpectedly shuts down on an average of 5 times a day
>it runs at an astonishing framerate of 5 frames per second
>the battery lasts for maybe 10 minutes
>but according to user, it's worth it, because at least the display is 16:9 and he doesn't have to deal with having a pesky fingerprint sensor

>technology magically gets slower over time

I've got three more of these that I bought cheap as broken phones and repaired. They're sitting in a closet for the day this one finally dies.

That is a beautiful level of autism. Godspeed, user

Four copies of the Nexus 6, but I also have ten Pebble Times since people were unloading them when the company went under. Bitches.

Fuck off kid.

>Oh, and also 2 MicroSD slots.

Is going to be OK comrade is just a micro SD card

The more I look at it, the more I want it.

Shit taste. It's so good looking.

>LG
I like my G5 mostly for the removable battery, but I've had the thing replaced 4 times in less than a year. First GPS stopped working. Next the power button stopped working. Next one 4G stopped working. Next one GPS stopped again. Now that I'm on my 5th handset and out of warranty all of its antenas are crapping out. Randomly drops service in a major city, GPS accuracy is hovering around +-60M, and data rates are half to quarter as much as they used to be.

Literally never getting another LG phone.

Dipshit

Looks amazing to me.

I have a g4, which bootlooped, like they all will eventually. I got tricked by the media that it's permanent though, it isnt, it's just a bit slower after the fix. Fucking shills.

LG makes phones that self destruct so I wont be buying another one from them, thats for sure.

Why can't they just put newer hardware there. It's literally perfect.

How is a big lens a bad thing

My g2 doesn't bootloop. Then again, I've used stock ROM for like 20 minutes in total.

The G6 has a 2:1 aspect ratio and curved corners but it doesnt fucking matter since it scales all the content onto a 16:9 ratio on the screen.
Plus the rounded corners actually look nice, idk what the fuck is the big deal

the g2 was a great and solid phone, unlike the later ones.

g4 bootloop was a HW issue

>always-on display

Did anyone actually ask for this """""innovation"""""?

>but it doesnt fucking matter since it scales all the content onto a 16:9 ratio on the screen
WHAT THE FUCK
you're telling me the ONLY thing that doesn't have black bars along the top and bottom is the fucking homescreen?
JESUS CHRIST I almost bought one, too

Rounded corners have always been and will always be tacky.

i have the galaxy s8 plus and its excellent OP of course it also has a headphone jack and sd card slot

how do you survive the internet?

it can be turned off in the settings

You can have it run content as 18:9 if you want, but it always tells you "some content may not be visible!" because nothing is designed for it.
It's not really noticeable either way.

or instead:

3. Just kill off TouchId and replace it with Iris scanner.

Apple couldn't build it into the touch screen, so they have to go with some alternative. They have no other choice, well for the IPhone Edition

>Iris scanner
significantly less secure and significantly less power efficient

4. Remove both of those faux-security memes.

>fuckhuge camera lens
Are you a fucking girl? Smartphone photos are fucking atrocious precisely because of how tiny the sensors are.

Learn basic physics you fucking phoneposter

That aquos crystal actually looks pretty nice.

I will upgrade from my Nexus 6 to the Pixel 2 XL as long as it has a headphone jack and doesn't have any major issues.

Rounded corners piss me off, but I've kept my eye on the Pixels as well. Didn't see any justification to upgrade, but they're not bad phones. I recommended Pixel phones to some normie friends of mine.

Leave 2017 to me

>asymmetrical display
>dat webcam
yuck.
the ONLY good thing is lack of camera bump

Well, this will be the first phone after the Nexus 6 that has a 6" screen. I never really want to get a newer phone that has a smaller screen than my current phone.

I don't really care about the rounded corners because I don't see any useful information in the corners of my screen anyway.

2:1 should have been standard from the start. 16:9 made an irreparable mess of things.

You confuse the home button with TouchID, two separate things that have shared the same physical space since TouchID debuted.
There's no reason why they couldn't or shouldn't separate the two. Worst case scenario is that they'll end up putting a fingerprint reader on the back of the phone like a lot of android phones do.
Them shipping an iPhone without TouchID simply won't happen, but it will most likely ship with a virtual home button

The sensor isn't bigger though. It's just there to look better at a glance, OEMs have done this forever

That shit is perfect.

Good fingerprint scanner placement unlike S8.

OLED hopefully.

Small bezels.

Latest Android.

Greatest camera.

Waterproof.

Only downside is no removable battery but almost no flagships have this anymore, and it also wouldn't be waterproof.

But is it capable of stereo recording?

THE PAJEETS ARE THE REASON THE NEXUS PROGRAM WENT TO HELL.