>slash gee

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8sXQ6JsNu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hi, Linus! :D

Welcome to slash gee!

Is he our guy?

He is

he just spent 20 minutes bashing Intel on the WANshow (from 20min20sec mark)

youtube.com/watch?v=f8sXQ6JsNu8

It would be retarded for someone who works in the media business to not have several discussion from where to gather information, i mean comon linus is what 29? its super easy for me to imagine him back in the old days lurkin Sup Forums after getting off from working at NCIX at 6pm, that shit was super netizen culture back then, hell i live in a spicland which didnt go fully net until like 2005 and even then my older cousins would shock the rest of the younger ones by lurkin Sup Forums and searching for gore threads while the adults were drinking on a family reunion, its hilarious how gen Z neo-channers believe Sup Forums has been some kind of underground obscure forum, like dude back in 2005 Sup Forums was in the top 100 most viisted pages, just because some retarded ass news reported working for Fox News said "uhh who is this Sup Forums hacker?" doesnt mean the site wasnt well stablished

>Implying it's not his autistic cronies consistently posting his videos on here within 3 minutes without fail.

Why did i know there would be a thread about this?

These YT tech influencers are hilarious

They nonchalantly bash Intel but when AMD fucks up they are very coy and diplomatic about it

There's two!

HI LINUX

HAHAHA FAGGOT YOU INVENTED A OPERATOR SYSTEM AND NOW YOU JUST MAKE YOUTUBE VIDEO HAHA LOSER

ur mum was coy and diplomatic about blowing me last nigh t b h

Wouldn't be the first time

Literally /ourguy/

>linus is what 29
Jesus christ. He looks like a 40 year old suffering from the advanced stages of HIV.

Amd is the underdog, they can't afford to fuck up, intel on the other hand is a giant of the industry and has r&d research labs marketing team events etc, thats why people bash it, they shouldnt have one misstep.

Amd is expected to fail or have a few hiccups because of it's past, i bet when intel allowed them to use x 32 they never expected them to come this far

Poor linux, marrying that thing, i don't understand man beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder, i mean she kinda looks like sid from the ice age, absolutely unfuckable, now that he's got loads of cash she is settled for good, 3 children, canadian law is gonna fuck him over big time if she decides to leave him

came here to see this
was not disappointed

everyone knows it's pronounced "forward slash g forward slash" what a ponce

Look at that hairline

She looks like a thai ladyboi.

I-it's not "slash (board) slash"?

Beauty kinda gets the backseat when you notice you will have that person on your house, and you just want someone chill that will not act like a screaming pig the whole time.

LinusShillTips isn't Sup Forums. It's .

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic Sup Forums related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to .

dont bullshit me, Sup Forums was like a half-dozen retarded goons in 2005
it only started getting big in late 2006

He is prosumer trash that appeals to the same audience as CSI: Cyber. They're both packed with about the same amount of useful information.

He couldn't make his Cisco router work. He couldn't make his pfSense router work. He couldn't build a 1u server so "1u servers are teh sux". He clipped parts off his 2u server to get components to fit. He tried to build a NAS. He did that terrible 10Gbe LAN implementation. And He tried to water cool his house with hilarious results.

He is as amateur as they come but he's too stupid to see it. His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously. Good on him for fleecing them but anyone who follows his bullshit is dumber than Linus. I've only ever seen part of one of his videos and I thought it was an April fool's day show until someone pointed out they were all like that. I've gotten wind of all his other fuckups second hand.

If someone advertises in his show I won't buy their product. I'm assuming it doesn't work and they have to pay someone to shill to the ignorant masses.

His show looks like a high school project that didn't work and he's always trying to figure it out at the last minute while the judges are watching.

His wife looks like a Japanese urban legend monster. I know she's probably Korean or Viet but she looks like something out of Japanese lore that greets you on the street after dark and eats your skin if you don't tell her where her dead daughter is buried.

"fourchans technology board" (or "subforum")

>call it Linus Tech Tips
>it has no Tech
>it has no Tips
>it only has lots of stupid, 9gag, shilling, and misinformation
>its target audience is 14 year olds, which is the audience we should be flipping off on Sup Forums since underage is not allowed as a global rule

Sup Forums would have its quality massively improved by increasing the standards of the shit it posts.
A good start would be to ban LTT from being posted on Sup Forums and put it where it belongs (Sup Forums, or /toy/).

HardwareCucks:
The best camera and angles if you wish to analyse tech based on appearance.

Louis Rossman:
The best in-depth hardware overview, if you wish to learn what every component on boards is, how it works, why it works that way, how it communicates. If you wish to truly learn how hardware works.

Level1Linux/Level1Tech/Level1Enterprise:
One of the few YouTube tech channels lead by a guy with a college education and actual knowledge. Point isn't to be idiotically entertained, but to learn.

EEVblog:
Another tech channel which describes tech in a very detailed and educational manner, how it works, the physics behind it, design explanation, repair, etc.

Plenty others that can be mentioned.

Tbh

The amount of bitterness and jelly oozing from that post is palpable.

okay dude, get over yourself. every community college in this country churns out 1,000's of "legit tech guys" a year man. being an IT guy is like being a plumber. get the fuck over yourself if you're "microsoft certified" or whatever you faggot

Linus clearly understands how to set up >rigs and the guy makes hundreds of thousands of dollars making his videos, on top of all the free hardware the companies send him to shill for

I don't even watch his shit so don't think I'm a fanboy, but you need to pump the brakes when you start acting like whatever bulldyke is working the geek squad counter at Best Buy is somehow above this guy. btw, there is a legit certified computer repair guy who lives in my apartment building who learned how to do the shit in PRISON (he was in for counterfeiting money) so again, get the fuck over youself. you probably got a degree from mycomputercareer.com you fucking tech plumber

what is going on here

is HardwareUnboxed ok tho?

>Linus clearly understands how to set up >rigs
>mfw someone unironically said this
Linus makes money by deceiving children,
and since his main audience is children you should get the fuck out because global rules of Sup Forums state you should fuck off if you are under 18.

How does he deceive people Palpatine?

>29

That's not Palpatine, it's just someone using Palpatine's picture to convey an emotional response.

Stop trying to deceive me

>how does someone who gets paid to lie for companies by companies, and spreads misinformation about hardware making people waste significant amounts of money, deceive
By being a tech illiterate idiot paid to be entertaining rather than informative?

So why don't you show an example where he lied about something?

Is that pamperchu?

AHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA

Here's your complementary Programming Penguin.

BigClive is GOAT

i'm in my 30's. don't be so disappointed that a guy who makes videos on Gaming PC's for kids made another video about Gaming PC's for kids, fag

wait, is that really what the penguin is called?

I always wondered, I guess it makes perfect sense he's just the linux programming penguin

He lies about quality every time he is sponsored because that's what sponsorship is about, false advertising.

Yep, it's Programming Penguin.

Where did he say it?

>i'm in my 30's
You are mentality underage, doesn't make a difference. You should be banned as should all LTT threads since global rule states all under 18 aren't allowed.

Ah so you don't have any actual examples, got it

If you want examples, stating Razer is example enough.

20:25

Y-yeah, palpatine's a fictional character so how would he even be posting of Sup Forums anyway

Thanks user.

Guy looks like a faggot while his wife looks like a johj, and both give me the creeps.
He should fuck off and let Luke take over.
The only one we want to see is Luke.

She looks like an alien what the fuck

Linus Shill Tips is
80% 20% Whether he should be posted on Sup Forums is debatable.
It is a fact however that:
- He leans more towards entertainment than being educational (even if it is 9gag level entertainment for retarded people).
- His reviews are geared mostly towards gamers and 13-year-olds rather than actual tech enthusiasts.
- He doesn't actually know much about tech beyond the level an average gamer knows.
- He is mainly a marketer and brand shill, rather than a tech(nician) or a tech hobbyist.
A tech hobbyist is interested in much more than just the narrow gaming tech field.
A Sup Forums related Youtuber should at least be involved in actual projects and wikis or reverse engineering and repair,
tangible and defined involvement.
That is to say: His reviews of hardware are shallow and scratch the surface, and the same goes for software,
because that is his maximum capacity and any more would end up with him looking stupid with every word (and he already has instances of speaking stupidity on the shallow level of hardware discussion).

I believe that banning LTT from Sup Forums would increase Sup Forums's general quality pertaining to the board's main topic: Technology.

I also believe that moving LTT to Sup Forums would also increase Sup Forums's general quality pertaining to video gaming since getting a bit educated on how gaming hardware works would reduce stupid GPU/CPU wars threads.

>- His reviews are geared mostly towards gamers and 13-year-olds rather than actual tech enthusiasts.
Now I see why he's posted here all the time...

>mfw the faggot thinks SSD's will replace HDD's without even tackling the angle of offline longevity or differing discontinuation factors between the two devices that makes both of them them not only irreplaceable, but makes it mandatory for SSD's and HDD's to be used in conjunction

Guy doesn't know shit about anything.

but ssds last longer than hdds, you fucking imbecile

but linus used to be good, only 6 years ago...

where has time gone Sup Forums??

>offline state
>last longer
Nope.
Magnetic particles last longer without changing their domain than charges in SSD's, you uneducated retard.

Sup Forums told me they lose data after months of not being powered

ssd's haven't been around long enough for this to be provable

Welcome to Lunis/g/ Tech Support thread.

>tfw inventor of linux is shitposting on slash gee

It's not about "bing around".
It's basic physics.
SSD's don't last longer than HDD's because of the nature in which they store information, unless you have SSD's being recharged periodically with a constant.

The rule of shelf longevity though is:
Tape > HDD > SSD

gee
gee
gee gee gee
gee
forward slash
forward slash gee

you are blinded by the force

>have a co-worker from old job who is actually a sexy-looking asian
>end up marrying her alien-looking sister

JUST
U
S
T

What the fuck are you talking about? She always threats him like a child with a very condescending attitude dude loves to be submissive.

>but
Mmhmm.

If he is your guy then back to

So he got a fucking bad deal then.

>inb4 merely pretending
His name is Tux.

that was proven to be bullshit

>linus face when luke goes all autistic over the new oculus announcement

>Sup Forums talks about computer and tech more than Sup Forums and not video games
(You)

i have a machine that i only power on once or twice a year, has a ssd in it since 2010 and i've never had an issue

It's common knowledge that Sup Forums hates videogames, so go back wherever you came from.

well I think she's hot

It wasn't though.
Transistors can contain charges for a lesser period than it takes a magnetic particle with mechanical nature to flip its domain due to neighboring particle forces (especially since Cobalt-Chrome-Platinum alloys became the norm). One is mechanical storage, while the other is energy storage. Energy has a constant, while mechanical always has a far longer life unless temperature and air conditions pull influence from bad structural containment or shitty alloy traits.
Retards like yourself are the reason LTT should be banned from Sup Forums.

>EEVblog
>good
Oh man I really wish some of you guys weren't so stupid

What, exactly, is your issue with EEVblog?

>9:48
>53:54
>57:32

It's Sup Forums whether you like it or not as it tackles precisely what Sup Forums is made for;
while gamer gear already has a containment board called just like toys have a containment board called despite toys also being technology.

>Is he our guy?
If this was Sup Forums then i'd say yes.
But since it isn't Sup Forums but Sup Forums, then he isn't.

He lost all credibility the moment he talked shit about Arduino for blatant sensationalism.

my nigger

Who the fuck pronounces the slashes?

that's enough to refresh the NAND cells
they're essentially a battery/capacitor, eventually they'll leak all the charge out and you end up with a blank ssd
hard drives can last technically forever in a hermetically sealed container, the same for optical disks

Normies and redditors

fresh off the boat reditors.

I normally say GEE or POL or KAY or D-I-Y
the slashes are for redditors

Newfag LTT shills who came straight here from the LTT forum,
like the newfags who didn't recognize the 3 anti-Linus copypasta up above.

> Not doing the double hand slash Sup Forums

The 7 year old video?

Talking shit just because now has expiration date?
Funny how that works

Yeah, totally not shitty usage of stamp tool in Gimp