FLASHLIGHTS

What flashlight are you using? Which ones have the most lumen for the buck?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ThruNite-TN12-2016-White-Flashlight/dp/B01EWW91S8?th=1&psc=1#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1500142868540
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A Thrunite Ti3

Some shitty creo chink one that can blind someone on the road 100 meters away.

>vg-10 is still out of stock on amazon

Lol why would I need a flashlight when I have one on my phone :^)

Klarus xt11
6 years old and still runs strong

i don't use a flash light because i'm not a beta cuck

Can walk anywhere in my town at night without a torch, sorry about your niggers america.

this is what a faggot coworker says
he's a fucking moron :^)

Sounds like he's smart for not spending money on something he already has :^)

Weapon lights perhaps

>le ebin felshlight punnies haha xxxxxxxDDDDDD
>upboat

>>>imgur
>>>reddit

>this is the state of Sup Forums
feels bad.

LED Lenser P7.2 and LED lenser P3. These legendary flashlights never let me down.

Bought 2 MAGlite LED's quite recently, one was a DOA and the second one failed after 30 minutes. Complete trash

FiveSevens Preon 2. Old but good.

I need to get around to finding a good value-for-money 1xAA without any bullshit epilepsy modes. Lo/Hi at most.

summerfags

LED Lenser have some AA flashlighs without the bullshit I believe. Not even shilling

buy a banggood BLF A6 in warm white and you will be happy

anyone know of a penlight with micro usb b(more durable) charging

+ for zooming
+ for momentary switch
+ for striker bezel

Thrunite TN12 (2016 Neutral White)
Five different brightness levels (and strobe mode), highest of which is 1,100 lumens (gets really hot after like 5 minutes though) for less than $50. If you need a non-specialized flashlight, fucking get this one.
Also supposedly waterproof but I've never tried it.

amazon.com/ThruNite-TN12-2016-White-Flashlight/dp/B01EWW91S8?th=1&psc=1#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1500142868540

>tfw shilling for free on break at work

Thrunite Ti4

whatever this is. works pretty reliably

there's no brand name or model number on anything

found this

Look at the modes for the S1A. If you can get over that then maybe you should consider it. I got the S2A (2xAA) on sale. Quite good.

Coast Portland is good. Don't let the torch snobs tell you it's shit.

What is the cheapest but still decent flashlight with pressure switch suitable for mounting on a rifle?

better ask /k/

Some cheapo from a 10 for 20 pack off eBay.

Ugh, fucking mode overload. I like that 600 "turbo" for 14500 cells though. I'm seeing this on Amazon though:
> Built-in timer: Short timer (3 minutes) or Long timer (9 minutes)
The fuck is that about? Please tell me that's an optional setting or something.

Not gonna lie, snobs aside the only place I keep hearing about Coast is that native advertising bullshit on blogs. Call me paranoid but I reserve my trust for strictly word-of-mouth recommendations.

Good luck finding a recommendation from a torch elitist for an off/(low)/high torch.

I need a good chink cREEEEEEE! for my bicycle. Anyone?

I wouldn't mind a recommendation from a casual, either. Just not something which COMPLETELY COINCIDENTALLY keeps appearing on blogs, carry sites and popular gear review videos. They might well be great products but it's fishy as fuck.

Maybe the apparently disproportionately high online presence is partly because Coast was founded in the US and the products are stocked in common brick and mortar stores. IDK, maybe you should ask /r/flashlight. But my guess is that the closest to what you're asking for would already be found in a B&M store.

I use a fenix ld01 for pretty much everything.

5-mode drivers trigger me so much

Especially when they don't understand how logarithmic perception of light works.

Fuck. I remember I almost thought I found the perfect do-everything light in my local mountain equipment co-op a few years back. It was programmable and had sane settings like a half-lumen low light mode, but then I found out the driver in it caused some kind of discharge flash at or near full output when you try to turn it on in the lowest mode, which completely defeated the purpose for saving your night vision. It also had retarded pocket clip placement so far down the light that it rode halfway out of the pocket. So I'd probably have lost it within a week anyway. Can't remember the model or who made it though.

Are P60 format lights still a thing? You used to be able to get tailcaps with pressure pads for 6Ps & clones everywhere.

Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II - Because military.

Maglite 4D with some decently bright LED drop-in - In car.

Nitecore something - One of their early lights when Cree first started becoming more popular than Luxeon.

What's a good one for mechanic work?

Any rechargeable LED headlamp is fine, as long as the battery pack is not on the back (lots of laying on your back when you work on cars).

I find that lumens matter far, far less than the quality of light. Also lumens is just a measure of total output, but the intensitiy/range of the beam can vary greatly from flashlight to flashlight even if they have the same lumen output depending on how focused or diffused the beam is.

L3 L11c is my EDC and sees the most use. Has a 4500K Nichia 219B LED for autism-approved light quality.

Aside from the Maglite 3D I keep in my car for emergency purposes, it's the only LED flashlight I own. I can't stand the light output of most flashlight LEDs.

Aside from the L11c, my Maglite 4C and 6C see the most use, whenever I need something with a more focused, intense beam than the L11c has. They both have s4 cell incandescent lamps (new style bi-pin xenon in the 4C, old style halogen HPR50 in the 6C) which are enough light for almost anything and easily run from 4 Eneloops. They have light diffusion lenses for better beam quality without sacrificing much throw.

My 2AA Mini Maglites (also incandescent, of course, with the newest xenon lamps) are modded with custom-cut diffusion lenses made from CD cases. Not very bright, but the dim, diffused incandescent light is fantastic for short-range uses or anything indoors without other ambient light.

Legit.

I have one in my back pocket right now.

You can melt someones face off.