/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG USA Mobile on Twitter: 8/31/17. Berlin, Germany. Mark your calendar for a brand new chapter. #V #LG
twitter.com/LGUSAMobile/status/885953047809183745

ZTE launches a $99 phone with a fingerprint sensor
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/7/14/15971016/zte-blade-spark-price-att-fingerprint-sensor-prepaid

Source: Pixel XL 2 will have Ambient Display Always On, Squeezing while Screen Off, Multiple Display Profiles, and More
xda-developers.com/source-pixel-xl-2-will-have-ambient-display-always-on-squeezing-while-screen-off-multiple-display-profiles-and-more/

Samsung has released a app that can live stream your device to Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.
apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/game-live/game-live-0-1-03-0-release/game-live-0-1-03-0-android-apk-download/

HTC U11 - Real Review
youtu.be/2OqK94X4Gng

Moto G5 Plus 32 GB drops to $199, 64 GB model to $249
droid-life.com/2017/07/12/deal-moto-g5-plus-32gb-drops-199-64gb-model-249-30-50-off/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/essentials_vp_of_marketing_has_left_the_company-news-26217.php
nokia.com/en_int/phones/all-phones
gsmarena.com/nokia_8_flagship_to_arrive_on_july_31_price_just_short_of_euro600-news-26214.php
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Letv-Cool-1-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Octa-Core-Android-6-0-5-5-FHD/32719163110.html
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix/development
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3013599/leaklocker-android-ransomware-threatens-to-dox-victims-with-private-data
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Moto G5 Plus 32 GB drops to $199, 64 GB model to $249
Old news, the deal is over

Nokia SD660 when

What phone is she using
Also sauce

>she

If money wasn't a thing what phone would you buy?

iPhone 8 / X / 10th Anniversary Edition once it comes out

shit's supposed to be expensive

this

Fuck you Sup Forums. I got an S8 and it's great.

What's the best phone I can get under $300. Good battery is what I need the most. Would be nice if the screen was at least 5 inches

Enjoy the bloatware and slowdowns

enjoy your broken screen

moto g5+

It's a good phone

Redmi Note 4 Global

what is the cheaper nougat option? moto c?

Seems like execs are leaving the sinking ship that is Essential
gsmarena.com/essentials_vp_of_marketing_has_left_the_company-news-26217.php

What phone should I get if I want a non-smart phone? Like the old Nokia ones.

Good hardware
Shit software, don't try to root it, that'll trip knox and all the proprietary bullshit that makes shit like the camera better goes away

that's a marketing exec lol, doesn't mean shit

A Nokia dumbphone
nokia.com/en_int/phones/all-phones

Read the article
>What's raising more questions now is the news that the company's VP of marketing, Brian Wallace, has left the company. He's not the first one too, following Andy Fouché, Head of Communications,Business Insiderreports.

I need a new smartphone, none of this chink bullshit. I had a Zenfone 2 Laser (1080p) and the fucking "Gorilla Glass" cracked and it's also slow. Any suggestions that are still mid-range but cheap and not complete garbage? (in Canada)

>Directors of communications supervise public relations staff, create communication strategies, and may serve as the key spokesperson and media contact for the organization

so another marketing person, huh, wow

G5+
HTC 10
Axon 7

Just got a google pixel, how bad did I fuck up? Go ahead, tell me how shit of a decision I've made please.

Lumigon T3 Black Gold

Depends on how much you paid for it.

You didn't make a bad decision at all... Enjoy your phone user.

Which phone+os respects my freedom but isnt completely autistic?

Looks like a Redmi Note 4

LineageOS without gapps. And any phone of their lineup.

Why no love for the Huawei mate 9, one of the best phones now.

I've got no limits for budget. I'm going to use AT&T. What are my options please?

>Moto G5 Plus 32 GB drops to $199, 64 GB model to $249
It's still $299.00 for me

Also, is the Zuk Z2 pro unlocked from banggood?

Anyone have AT&T and has gotten an unlocked phone? I want to get an U11 but every time I ask I get a different answer on how it will work and if it will work.

The deal is over

>is the Zuk Z2 pro unlocked?
What do you mean? It'll work with any SIM as long as the network bands are supported

You mean if I put my at&t sim card it will work?

I just can't decide between that and moto g5+

And possibly Redmi Note 4

Am I overthinking it? Should I just get a non-chink phone? Since I'm planning on using it forever. I still use my Galaxy S3

Should I wait for the lgv30
is the v20 any good?

Yes, it'll work but you won't get perfect 4G coverage (blue checkmark = full support, green = partial support). Same thing with Note 4. Moto G5+ is fully supported.

S8+ and Note8 side by side. Noticeably less curve on the corners on the Note8.

Anyone know of a good task manager for Android that lets me see CPU and Memory usage?

Ah well, I guess I'll get moto g5+ since I'll be using google maps for uber and such. Thus, needing better coverage.

Did it crack already, or have you been taking the utmost attention while handling it?

I want the edge screen meme to end.

Is there going to be any improvements in batteries in a few years? It sucks that your battery degrades 10% per year.

>good
>task manager
pick one

They're launching their flagship soon, perhaps they'll launch some midrange phone(s) too
gsmarena.com/nokia_8_flagship_to_arrive_on_july_31_price_just_short_of_euro600-news-26214.php

Please over 4000mAh battery on Nokia 7.

Top 10 by daily interest
Device Daily hits
1.Nokia 6 61,751

Is there any good cheapo cell you can buy in Canada? Mainly looking for something in the range of 250-350$, with preferably a good camera.

If that's USD then Honor 8, Moto G5+, Sony XA1

Nokia 6 is your choice then. Best phone with that price and with Iphone flagship tier camera.

I need to figure out what's eating my CPU and memory

>CPU
Settings -> battery

>memory
Settings -> memory

There, no app needed

this.
most shills and autists on Sup Forums cant afford an s7 or 8 so they hate on it.
>mah bloatware/touchwizz
whatever makes you feel cool neets

Has anyone with a Galaxy Note 4 solved the awful lagging/freezing/rebooting issue?

All I get in battery is Screen and Android OS, doesn't tell me anything useful

>iphone headphone jack gets problem (volume jumping randomly, sound cutting, screen turning on when i rotate cable)
>get part for $5 to try to fix myself
>get too scared halfway through, reassemble phone
>gonna have to pay like $60 to get this damn part fixed

also found a random screw hanging out inside the phone... not sure what that is

Tell us how it works after 3 months

Galaxy S are just the poor man's iphones

I don't know what shitty android skin you have, on stock Android it's a full list, every app is there

No need for task manager

If anything I would've waited till the next one comes out so it would be a little cheaper but you did good.

Femanon here
This is why I always prefer phones with removable batteries. Hoping the iPhone SE2 will come with an option for this

Is the CoolPad Cool1 good or should I buy something else at this pice range? Also can someone explain wtf is the difference between only 5 piece and standard except for 5 piece being 1 dollar cheaper

aliexpress.com/item/Original-Letv-Cool-1-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Octa-Core-Android-6-0-5-5-FHD/32719163110.html

>iPhone
>removable battery
Not happening

>coolpad cool

Wait til you hear about the LeEco Coolpad Cool Changer 1C

>responding to obvious bait

Next you'll be telling me she isn't really a she

>she

can you flash stock android on a mi mix, or any snapdragon 825 device? Would I have to compile it myself?

What's the verdict on the OnePlus 5?

There's no turning back now
Overpriced chink shit riding the hype of previously successful ventures

Is the Axon 7 worth buying mid-2017?

Any Axon owners who can tell me if the phone has good life/longevity?

is it there are no good op3 glass protector out there? I've got one that just wont stick properly at the top and bottom. ive noticed the piece of glass is bend upward a little bit. Can i use hairdryer to heat it up and bend it back the other way?

Knock yourself out
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix/development

Are the edges on the GS8 series still a meme?

they will never not be a meme

Why would I want an S8 over an S7 then? Or hell, if this is the path they're taking, why not a phone similar in size and function?

Is there some way to give F-droid permission to install apps so I don't have to toggle 'allow installation from unknown sources' every time I want to use it?

Hey cunt fingerprint reader isn't that great of a feature. No one cares fucko

Just keep that setting on

But that will make my phone vulnerable to malicious shit.

nice bait

It's true though

All that setting does is stop the user from installing APKs from outside of the app store. The only way turning it on makes your phone more vulnerable is if you install malicious shit yourself. If you need your phone to protect you from your own stupidity then get a dumbphone.

How is a SD820 phone with an AMOLED screen, dual front facing speakers, and DAC not worth buying? It's ZTE's North American flagship, not sure on update support, but it's already got a dedicated dev community

>The only way turning it on makes your phone more vulnerable is if you install malicious shit yourself

How can you be positive that some random app from google play or fdroid won't be programmed to download and install something malicious? I'm more worried about things from the play store really. Is everything there clean? No. Just did a quick search, there have been tons of cases of apps in the play store being malicious.

>implying apps or websites can't execute code and install apks

Are there any phones that work on US cellular that are decent?

was helping a friend try and get a moto g5 plus, but their customer service and the store said that phone wasn't supported, Even though it supports all there network bands.

anything good within $300 range that works with them?

Isn't noise reduction just the fucking worst? The photos which my new Redmi Note 4X produce are significantly worse than my 3 year old 1+1, despite the 4X having a much newer and presumably more sophisticated 13MP sensor, because all the photos it produces are smeared to fuck with disgusting noise reduction, which is basically like taking the file to photoshop and defacing it with the smudge tool. On my 1+1 with Snapdragon Camera I could disable noise reduction but not here.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well newer phones have the 835, so don't know how the 820 is holding up nowadays (and if it will be good for Daydream)
I'm looking at it because you can unlock the bootloader, and after a year I can throw LineageOS on it.

Does anyone know more info on the DAC quality or if it has an amp?

snapdragon 625 phones should have better DAC/amp quality than my old snapdragon 800 phone right?

Don't be a retard and give apps permissions they don't need and you'll be safe from 99% of android malware. That setting isn't going to stop malicious apps because they don't need to install APKs to function.

A recent example:
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3013599/leaklocker-android-ransomware-threatens-to-dox-victims-with-private-data

>McAfee uncovered the LeakerLocker threat, which it has found lurking in two apps in the Google Play Store, 'Wallpapers Blur HD' and 'Booster & Cleaner Pro', both of which have been well-rated and appear to have been downloaded thousands of times.

>LeakerLocker locks the home screen and accesses private information in the background thanks to its victims granting permissions at installation time

I've had "allow unknown sources" on literally every android phone I've owned since 2011 and I've never gotten malware on my phone. Is it because I've been lucky, or simply because I'm not a retard?

Great for surveillence

It was Daydream ready the day it got the update to Nougat, there is literally nothing wrong with the SD820
Maybe? Unless the old 800 had a DAC and the 625 phone didn't

Does every 820 device have a DAC then? What makes the Axon 7's audio better?