Computer monitor - curved or 144hz?

Computer monitor - curved or 144hz?
Curved seems great for immersion.
Is 144hz pointless if you don't play twitch shooters?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/AOC-AG241QX-AGON-24-Inch-Monitor-x/dp/B01LT04C30
twitter.com/AnonBabble

144hz monitors are good outside of gaming if you set them to 120hz.

How so?

Frame sync, 120 is a perfect multiple of both 24 and 30 so all standard videos will play perfectly unlike 60hz and 24fps video.

>120Hz
lol i hope you have 4 eyes to see all those frames you stupid fucking idiot

>Computer monitor - curved or 144hz?
>Curved seems great for immersion.
Curved is fucking retarded beyond words. You literally won't see any straight lines. And just moving your head slightly out of the focal point will make your whole viewing experience look distorted. I used a curved ASUS monitor for 6 months and sold it. It's crap.

Go with 120Hz 1440p screen. It's literally the best for everything. Extra space for code/webpages, amazing for gaming, just works for movies etc.

Get that 144Hz curved monitor by Samsung

This. Curved is the most retarded video display meme of our time. Right above pseudo 4k

144hz is best for everything, get it unless the monitor has issues at

Seems like it'd make sense for VA panels- would help with viewing angles (if you have an arm-mount to make it perfect), and monitors are close enough (unlike tvs) for it to be slightly useful.

If you compare the two, You'll see a difference you fucking idiot.
You have obviously never seen a 120hz + monitor in your lifetime.

go with 120hz 1440p IPS.
they're cheap.

Except they're more expensive than both VA & TN, they have fucking garbage QA for the most recent generation, and the color quality isn't all that.
The better viewing angles are noticeable, but so is the glow.

Not OP btw

been trying to find a decent reasonably priced 24 inch or under 144khz monitor for a bit and came across this:
amazon.co.uk/AOC-AG241QX-AGON-24-Inch-Monitor-x/dp/B01LT04C30

thoughts on it? (got a typo on it saying 144 mhz)

>garbage QA
don't buy cheapest chinkshit you moterfucking retard. buy a brand name with warranty and you're good. I have ASUS and it's flawless.

>and the color quality isn't all that.
you're a moron. this proves it. don't bother replying. I don't care what you think.

>TN
Eh.

i cant find any IPS ones that fit the 1440 144khz and 24 inch criteria really, does it really make that much of a difference?

All the brand-names have the same exact shitty AOC panels, including ASUS. If you got one without bleed & dead shit, congrats, you're fucking lucky.

Meanwhile the improved viewing angles for IPS panels are a better boon than the bleeding-edge color accuracy- vs a TN panel, the angles are what makes a difference in image quality.

In the same vein, a VA's 2-3x better contrast > slightly greater color accuracy as well.

For a pretty picture, go VA. For responsiveness, go TN. If you want a more consistent image quality for nominal losses in responsiveness, you can pay the extra for IPS & pray you win the lottery there.

Why do you want 24" 1440p?

Definitely a 144hz

120Hz ideally

That was obviously low quality bait. Just ignore him next time

>144hz when eyes can only see at 16fps

144Hz offers a little lower frame latency than 120Hz but not enough to justify the price hike. 120Hz is absolutely fine. IMHO anything above 120 isn't really worth it. You stop noticing frame fluidity around 100 FPS