What was the biggest piece of shit you've ever bought

What was the biggest piece of shit you've ever bought.

ath-m50x

The condom that should've prevented your birth.

939 dfi LAN party board. It was never stable at all and one day the north bridge fan just fell off.

dir-601
i hope it was faulty and not all of them are that shitty but basically i was plagued with a myriad of different problems. first the xbox would only get restricted NAT, then i couldnt stay connected to certain irc channels, connection would occasionally drop completely until the router had been reset. Try as you might you couldn't connect to netflix on any smart tv or non-PC device, constant packet loss, when you change a setting in its webui it would countdown by 2 seconds at a time. and thats just off the top of my head. I don't want to remember to be honest family

I had 2 of these. What the fuck was with these things? I don't remember exactly but they never seemed to work

salty af

The wifi and LAN connections would randomly die even when turning it on cold

Why exactly?

arduino uno

what the fuck do i even do with this fucking thing

samsung cf390
24" curved monitor.
for the 158 i paid for it i could have gotten another 25" hp ips, but i fell for the curved meme.

just because you are too stupid to use one doesn't mean it is a piece of shit

This but DIR-655

yes it does

No, anything with an FTDI chip is objectively a piece of shit.

I had the dir 615 or something like that, it was the absolute worst. wireless connection would drop every 2 hours, clover would get these random SSL errors, reboots would take 3 or 4 minutes

otoh, James Donkey 112

Motherfucking Iphone. Lesson learned. Still stings.

hp inkjet

i flashed mine with ddwrt, feels good man

Because it's shit for its price. Ask /hpg/ about it more.

powerline adapters, those things dropped connection more often than wifi with 50% signal.

Powerline adapters work better if you're not in a house with third-world tier wiring. The noise of shoddy wiring makes powerline adapters ineffective.

VyprVPN Pro account.

Don't use it on the same circuit as your electric fence or live somewhere less nigger infested.

a Motorola Droid 4 off amazon that ended up being faulty. It was basically burning through 10% of the battery every hour, even in airplane mode.

kek
we were in the same boat.

>faulty
You sure it didn't just need a new battery?

yeah, that was the first thing I checked, tested it in the droid 4 of one of my co-workersand the battery worked fine. There was a short somewhere in the phone itself or something is my best guess.

A "portable" air conditioner.
>tfw the air to cool the condenser and carry the heat out comes from the cool air indoors

Or maybe a full reflash?

not sure if that would have helped or not. Amazon took it back though and gave me a full refund, though my carrier (Flash wireless) fucked me over in the process of swapping phones and refused to let me use my old plan when I went back to the droid 3... Kinda was the straw that sent me packing back to Verizon.

>using a cellular reseller in the first place
>expecting anything good from them

>Kinda was the straw that sent me packing back to Verizon.
Ugh. Happily, T-Mobile has let me keep my plan from yeeeears ago when I brought my own device.

>especially a vzw reseller

A fucking netbook.

If only you weren't a virgin

Oh, so that's why I never had access at the time.

>tfw installed dd-wrt on a DIR600
>still running strong after 6 years

kys

That sounds like a dehumidifier branded by some sociopath marketing asshole.

>A "portable" air conditioner.
>>tfw the air to cool the condenser and carry the heat out comes from the cool air indoors

Meh, good enough to cool a dorm room.

>always wanted a moto phone
>chinks buy the brand from google
>this piece of fucking garbage comes out
>"looks fine desu senpai. The
Chinks didn't change too much"
>it's somehow slower than my old Nexus 5
>haven't received a software update since November 2015
>want to root it but can't because during a screen repair they cucked up the bootloader
Never buying Lenovorola again

A dehumidifier on wheels with a window kit, pretty much. otoh they're really great for spot cooling in like server closets if you can route the hot exhaust air into the attic or outside.

Is that a wireless cup warmer?

If it has a window kit then what's the problem? That's clearly the use case the designers had in mind.

The window kit is a hose that exhausts the hot air from the condenser. The fact that half of the cool air is just going past the condenser and out the window irks me. The air to make that up had to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is usually air of the same temperature I bought the damned thing to avoid.
If there were also an air intake in the window kit, it would have been a MUCH better design, but nooooo.

Oh God that's fucking awful. I've never seen one without two hoses running to the window panel for this very reason.

Yes, that's how single hose portable units work. If you wanted better efficiency you should have bought a dual hose unit (condensor intake and outtake hoses).

>buy a DIR-655 from a garage sale for $10
>chip isn't open source so RIP dd/openwrt
>board/software has a permanent unfixable DNS bug that basically crashes the DNS forwarder within an hour and must be rebooted to fix only to come back again an hour later

basically was only good as a gigabit switch, if you turned off all routing functions.

I guess that's why it was at an outlet store, kek.

themoreyouknow.jpg

A Sager Clevo laptop from Xoticpc. All the specs were legit though ALL the chink parts broke. badly.

Worst thing about the mid/late 2000s

>Logitech Revue

I actually liked the idea, and the HDMI passthrough was nice. Hardware was underpowered and software updates were stopped not too long after launch. Don't remember if I even got a full year of use out of it.

I know the razer naga has a double clicking problem, where the hardware of the mouse breaks down, and your single clicks register as double clicks. However, this piece of shit had an even bigger problem even before the click buttons could break. When I booted into windows 8, nothing was wrong. It worked perfectly fine. When I booted into os X, then the thing went to shit. The mouse would double click. I reinstalled the drivers, went through customer support, and reinstalled os x, but nothing worked. The double clicking issue would always happen in os x, and it would vanish when i booted into windows. Razer had the fucking audacity to advertise their mice as "os x" compatible. I never bought another razer product again.

kek i just bought a 27 inch curved samsung

im liking it desu

What?
Arduino UNO are great for rapid prototyping.

I have a droid 4
it's fantastic, a real shame they stopped making phones like that

old thinkpads are my biggest shitty waste of money desu

they're just useless

Dunno if it's my biggest ever but I got a samsung TN recently that's 4k. It's okay but has run into some issues at times. I ended up getting a macbook later and I was intending to hook it up to my monitor for the big screen but the retina display ends up looking better than it despite being smaller and at lower res anyway.

I think I should've just gone all the way with some IPS or OLED masterpiece at double the price.

I had that thing OP and used for years in wireless repeater mode. User manual failed to explain how to configure it, - the only way was to set some settings, reboot, go to the [changed] settings, set again, reboot, again and again - combination of beating settings into flash while letting the shitty UI adjust to the changes. Once everything was set no problems, OK range for what it was. Victim of the old days of ridiculously stripped down installations skimping on flash - glad that is gone.

Isn't it the same as all routers?

>>>/reddit/

Samsung "smart" tv
>no apps
>slow as fuck
>multiple unpatched vulnerabilities
>crashes, funny, never had a "dumb" tv crash on me

lost it in the divorce thank fuck

>tfw the tv decides not to power on after hitting the power button
smart indeed

>eDimensional 3D Glasses
These fucking things, sorry for the tiny image but they're old enough I cant find a picture for.

Basically 3D glasses for your PC that just barely worked and slowed the fuck out of your games, I think the only time it ever worked properly was playing Star Trek Elite Force where things really did look 3D but the crosshair was nigh unusable.

Eventually you'd get a headache or just fed up of using them because they're a set of shutter glasses (meaning they constantly blink on and off) paired with your monitor which is also going haywire being split in half and blinking too.

Ah shit, I owned those. They were bad ass (as a novelty). The 3D was amazing. The game-killing issue was that it didn't work with GUIs at all - any 2D element just looked like double vision.

Still, I was big into DAoC back then and I'd just turn off my GUI and explore the world in 3D. Good times.

Sup Forums gold pass

XXXX

A Toshiba Satellite L855. In the first week both usb 3.0 ports went out. Sent it back. They said there was nothing wrong with them. Got it back and they still didn't work. They never did again. Additionally, the laptop would hit max temp during any form of heavy usage. After warranty expired: The hard drive has issues where it's always stuck at 100 percent read/write. Takes 20 minutes to boot. Keyboard is peeling off and the control key is bent, despite reasonable care of the device. Uneven pressure (like being in a lap) on the underside of the laptop or resting your hands on either side of the trackpad can cause the trackpad buttons to click and the mouse to move randomly.

Oh, and hitting max temp would cause it to shut off. So fucking brilliant machine. Rather have a chromebook.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
I FELL FOR THIS FUCKING MEME
COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK WITH ANYTHING.

Good God, my dad had that piece of shit. Or at least he had a different satellite.

The thing had a 1GHZ DUAL CORE CELERON. He had the thing for about 4 years and was always asking me to "clean it up" for him. I told him the processor had less power than a 4 year old smartphone. He... didn't get it.

Finally, I convinced my mother to split a specced-out T430s with me for his birthday early this year.

He says it's the best laptop he's ever owned.

8GB RAM
128gb ssd
2.3Ghz core-i5
1600x1900 screen
$299.99

Acre Cloudbook. Biggest piece of shit laptop I have ever owned.

The case was so flimsy that you could press the touchpad button through the bottom of the case. Flexed so much the power button cable came unplugged from the motherboard.

It was also slow as shit. Specs were:

1.6 GHz dual core Celeron
2GB soldered ram
32Gb emmc
Windows 10

It ran at 100% CPU all the time with windows, and it couldn't even play 720p video full screen.

And I paid $200 for that heap of shit. I'm so retarded.

This thing had a "quad core i7" but it was pretty much the worst thing that could still technically be called that. I wanna say it ran at 2.4 GHz. Got it in 2013, when i was retarded.

iPod Mini.

I had two of them, and both of them started having battery problems about half a year in.

Also some shitty HP printer that got replaced 2 times within half a year and both of those died too.

WinRAR Pro/Full

Really enjoyed when i first heard of it and thought it would just stop working after 40 days.

I bought a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS once. No fucking clue why. I think I was 15, and that was pretty expensive for that age.

>mfw i research my purchases before buying and rarely buy shit so ive never gotten burned.
One of my offlease dell monitors is a bit blue, but its still usable. Gotta love being poor.

htc desire

>Not downloading a cracked version

The Acer Iconia W3.

>battery fucked after a WEEK since buying it
>speakers are awful
>screen is terrible, practically unusable outside in the sunlight
>the entire OS is so glitchy and yet it still came up with an option to upgrade to Windows 10 which made it entirely unusable

You might say that it can't really be that bad, but any of you that owns this garbage knows exactly what I'm talking about.

This steaming pile of monkeyshit.

kek i went through like 5 belkins years ago. fuckign trash.

I had one of those. Besides the occasional dropout it was ok.

Siemens CX65.

It was shit from the very start. When you hit the power button, it said something like "Press this button to power on", but indicated the wrong button so it just turned off immediately.

Once I finally figured that out, it would crash several times per day. It didn't do OTA updates, didn't come with the $40 data cable, so I had to send it in for service to do a fucking firmware update after a week.

Finally it was in a sort of usable state, but it still crashed weekly.

There was a nightmarish process required to convert video to .3gpp to watch on it, the ~160x120 screen was too shit to read subtitles on anime and j2me was buggy as shit.

I was so happy when I heard Siemens laid off their entire mobile division. Good riddance.

the 5s was the absolute worst piece of trash, and i fucking hate Itunes REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Current on a Galaxy S5. it works wonders

Some Sony Ericsson slide phone when they first started doing slide phones. The slightest bump fucked the screen up and the signal was terrible. I had to replace it at least 4 times after the screen broke. On the last one I just got so pissed off with it that I threw it in a fishing lake.

I'm a sort of Sony phone fanboy, but there is no doubt that that phone was an absolute piece of shit.

>not knowing the trial is actually the full version with a pop-up window
>not using some other program

LG G4. POS phone which even though it didn't bootloop on me, had other software issues and no bootloader unlock/custom ROM (on Sprint). Switched to a S5 and then a 6P.

Picked this up because it was absurdly cheap with an employee discount. Wanted to use it while in bed. Turns out these devices have a consistent issue where the screen would display nothing but black, requiring multiple reboots until it decides it will finally work for you. To this day it still has this issue. Third party windows tablets was a mistake.

a Soyo motherboard

TrustPower as an ISP.

They do have discounts when you combine all household utilities together, but they gouge the fuck out of their internet prices such that you zero out. And yet they still sucker people in my home city with rebates and "discounts" when it doesn't mean shit. Including my parents.

Also when you internet gets knocked out in the weekend, it doesn't come back until the next workday. One of the only times I'd rather have a pajeet helping me fix my internet on a 24/7 line than workweek only in a Kiwi call centre.

Fuck TrustPower. Get something like Voyager or Stuff Fibre. Way better.

>during a screen repair they cucked up the bootloader
I dont believe you.

>dehumidifyer
>for cooling
Computers dont get pissy win high humidity like humans do.

weird, i only had that happen once on my Venue 8 Pro in 2 years of use

I have one of those.
Since upgrading it to W10 it doesnt have the boot problem anymore.
Things still completely fucking useless though, battery life is shit, no storage, awful processing speed.

Theres been so many things that have left me with blind rage but Ive always gotten my money back so I dont even remember them.
Something that I was just reminded of though was an evaporative humidifier
>be winter
>be dry as fuck
>nose bleeds and shit
>go to get humidifier
>dont have shit for a selection
>pick one that sounded like it was what I wanted
>it totally wasnt even what it said it was
>get home and fill it up and turn it on
>waiting, waiting, waiting
>still dry as fuck
>rip it all apart
>mfw inside it is just a sponge that draws up the water and a shitty fan to blow air over the sponge
>take that shit straight back
>find humidifier with vaporizer in medical shit
this is the one you all want. make sure it works off of a vaporizer.

Thats how evaporative shit works user. Ever look inside a swamp cooler?

a shitty LG dumbphone back in 2009
it worked fine but build quality was shit
dropped my keys on it from about a meter high and the screen broke

Swamp coolers dont work here. Thats some desert shit.
Summer here is >90% humidity.
It will be 100F and 95% humidity.

I know what evaporative means, they obfuscated what it actually was. If I wanted to fix my problem with wet shit evaporating I would have just thrown a wet towel over a fan.
My main point was for everyone to make sure that when they buy one of these things it actually says the words vaporizer on it.