3D Printer fagthread

Anyone have one of these? I fell for the meme. I wanna make shit tailored to my desires. What greater expression of freedom is there?
So ITT
Practicality for household use, and tech projects.
Small business opportunities
Learning curve
Horror stories
And of course, unwarranted opinions from negfags.

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

yeggi.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump.

i have one. i rarely print anything useful and most of my prints are upgrades to my printer (upon which i later jerk off because the upgrades are sexy as fuck).

Which one you got? I'm on that makergear m2 dual life

i actually have two of them, but only one is working at the moment.

on the left is a close if i3 with many custom parts. tge right one is rebelix again with custom parts. we also have some proprietary crap at school.

>close if
clone of

when a 3d printer can print 3d printers, maybe then ill take notice of the tech

but it can, i am printing one now.

I have an anet a6 on the way, excited about printing a new gear for my roughcut and other things

Have you even heard of the RepRap project?

>3d printing a 3d printer
what the hell

We have one at the school I go to, and it kinda sucks. Large shit warps, materials are still kinda expensive, the result looks like shit with frayed edges and the like, and it glitches out too much.
I might buy one in like 5 years, I think they'll be decent and affordable at that point.

its called RepRap.org
they can print themselves except for the electronical parts.

settings can make such a world of difference. with the right temperature and speed, you can get nearly no warping.

Maybe what I'm describing is nearly no warping. Any warping is unacceptable really.

FDM technology printers have always seemed kinda dodgy to me. SLA printers are supposedly quite good, enough for engineering prototypes.

CNC mill's are the goat-men's machine

They can print most of a 3D printer. I imagine they haven't cracked printing electrical components out of plastic yet.

Can they print guns with plastic bullets to kill commies yet?

no need, just wait for them to starve

>got a DIY 3d printer for christmas
>still didn't finish it because I'm too lazy to finish all the soldering plus my soldering stick broke
ebin :DD

>soldering stick
kek

Bamp for RepRap, open-hardware 3d printers

and for yeggi.com/ , 3D model search engine

Reprapfag here. All i can say is this: learn Blender for modeling your parts, it's free and can be really the best one to "cure" bad stl files you download from sources like thingiverse(those faggots fuck every mesh they lay their dirty dickbeaters on). You can even use it to make parametric gears that you edit while in motion for the perfect fit. And on top of all that, you have the possibility to render out a beautiful image of your part if you study a bit of the cycles engine.