Are high calorie foods a thing in your country? Growing up I always only ever ate the 3 meals a day my parents gave me...

Are high calorie foods a thing in your country? Growing up I always only ever ate the 3 meals a day my parents gave me, but when I got my first job, I would always spend a portion of my pay cheque on really high calorie foods like potato chips, soda, sandwiches, etc. I've gained about 15 pounds in the 2 years I've been at that job and now I'm trying to lose weight but there aren't many health options around here. Anybody have any suggestions from your country or just foods in general? I can make a shopping trip to the city once a week so any advice would be appreciated.

not a suggest per se but don't stuff yourself
eat what you need and don't eat before bed

I started the opposite way. My mom was a cook so we would end up cooking delicious fat food.

When I moved out I started my own diet.
I eat lots of bananas, toast with peanut butter, activia yogurt, and lots of water. I also drink water blended with protein powder after exercising.

During the day, don't drink anything other than water, tea, or black coffee.
Replace you snack foods with fruits and vegetables -- you can eat a ton of these with minimal calorie intake.
If you're big on drinking, stick to vodka and darker beers.
I got really into veggie stir-fries for a while, good way to fill up and lose weight. Bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos/serranos, black beans, maybe an egg or two. Kept me form getting fat during college.

Stop eating processed foods and drinking soda/juice. Problem solved.

Also, if you feel a compulsion to snack, try drinking a glass or two of water. Leaves you feeling full for a while.

Does toast with peanut butter really help? Every diet plan I've seen from every part of the world has peanut butter on it.

Try lifting you stupid fucking faggot

"High calorie food" is good if you don't live a sedentary lifestyle you piece of fat fucking shit

I bought low calorie crackers for snacks but they make me extremely bloated. Been thinking about chewing on zero calorie gum to keep me satisfied throughout the day or a handful of fruits and veggies. I can eat 200 calories in those crackers and feel full as fuck but with fruit I don't feel like I just ate an elephant.

My diet is VERY VERY salty, so I already drink plenty of water. Having an extra cup here and there wouldn't do anything for me. Maybe I should cut back on the salt. Maybe I won't love every single food if it doesn't have the one ingredient i love

15 pounds is 7kg ?
that's not much, just do what says,
and do some sport 3-4 times a week.

you don't like salade ?

I'm not "fat". 15 pounds in 2 years is nothing for my age and height. I'm just getting a slight bump that I want to get rid of so I don't look like I have a beer belly

Sodium is a meme, the Japanese eat twice as much salt as western nations and they're the healthiest people on the planet

> Are high calorie foods a thing in your country?
they're the only thing in my country.

Considering most of their food is also high in water content, it balances itself out.

>fat Mexicans

I can't imagine it. Bost picture

I've never done any research on it, but that's what I've heard too. I pick double fibre bread with the least calories and low fat peanut butter and it holds me out for quite a while. Sums up to less than 150 calories.

Sodium isn't harmful unless you have pre-existing health conditions

The only thing it can cause is water retention, which you can counter by drinking more water than you normally would

Drink more water or eat an orange to sate random hunger

Eat Japanese food and Chinese food. Run more than 2 km every day.

I was born with an underdeveloped heart. Not necessarily a heart disease or disorder, but I'm still told to take precautions. Never been told to cut back on salt though.

Well peanut butter has a ton of protein, could probably replace meat in some areas. I also heard that having protein for breakfast will keep you satisfied a lot longer, so I'm considering having a piece of toast with peanut butter each morning to prevent my extremely high-calorie breakfast of 2 eggs, 2 slices of toast with butter, and cereal. I did the math and it's something like 500-700 calories total which is ridiculous.

Have you ever met a Mexican mother?

I walk into town once a week which is like 8km from my house. Was considering doing that more often but I have no reason to randomly roam around town all day

I live on a peninsula in the Atlantic ocean, I am the farthest away from any Mexicans you can get on this continent.

>Never been told to cut back on salt though

You'll be fine, it takes a fuckton of salt to cause hypertension and it's more of a concern for older people since their kidneys gradually become worse at eliminating sodium

>I also heard that having protein for breakfast will keep you satisfied a lot longer

Actually that's true, protein in general requires a lot more energy and time to break down than other types of food. Factor in the high fat content which slows gastric emptying and you've got a nutritious snack which keeps you feeling full longer than some chips or cookies would.

I've noticed that when I do get hungry, I usually crave protein and sodium. Stuff like beef, chicken, ham sandwiches, etc. Might start replacing all that with peanut butter and toast and maybe some apple juice. Don't know what I'm going to do about the salt though, but considering salt contains no calories, I might as well just take a tablespoon everyday and get it done with...okay a Chinese suicide may not be the best option.

It's enough once in two days. In that case, it becomes more than 4km.

It's normal to get cravings for beef, chicken fish etc.

They're things that our ancestors ate every day so it's hardwired into our genetic structure to crave that stuff.

There's nothing wrong with having some steak or a ham sandwich, just try to make the portion smaller somehow. Eat an 8 oz steak instead of a 16 oz or when you make a sandwich just use 1 piece of bread and fold it in half since most of the calories come from the bread.

If you go over your calorie limit then just go for a long walk to burn off the excess. Don't worry about salt either, as long as you don't eat a lot of junk like chips and processed or frozen food then you won't come close to an unhealthy intake.