I7 7800x = R5 1600 across 30 games

7800x is the same performance in gaming as amd 1600 across 30 games... stock and OCed
Both are 6 core 12 thread chips
i7 is clocked @ 4.7ghz vs 4.0ghz on the ryzen
Both are on 3200mhz CL14 ram
Ryzen is much better on modern DX12 games like Civ 6 and Total war
i7 is better games with older designed engines like
Also Nvidia has a major issue with AMD chips on some DX12 games like gears of war
Platform cost on the i7 is twice the ryzen chip
$515~ vs $1030~
How can intel compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=UfNMn7RWgLw

Here is the average which of the 30 games tested

Here is the cost

>How can intel compete
a $330 8700k

It wont compete
It will perform exactly the same as the 7800x
Even if its 330$ its still much more expensive than a 1600
199$ 1600 with stock cooler vs 330$ 8700k with 60$+ cooler
I would way rather spend 190$ on a better GPU than in a 1% faster CPU

Price gap is so extreme you can buy a r5 1600 with a GTX 1080 cheaper than a i7 7700k with a GTX 1060

Depends if the go with the ebin ringbus. That's the only reason the 7800 loses out, well on gaymin anyway.

I thought ringbus was out with the skylake X chips? Didn't intel make a new interconnect?

It's literally ringbus squared

its just a cpu interconnect
Infinity fabric/glue is the same thing

They don't have to implement it, the can just rebadge skylake or give it a few tweaks

From the leaked specs the 8700k has 12mb of L3(7700k had 8 for 4 cores). Meanwhile the mesh 7800x has 8.25mb.

It's still up ion the air though and the 1600 has until q1 2018

x299 was a mistake

I thought zen 2 is q1 2018?
8700k was pushed forward recently right?

I meant the 8700k was supposed to be q1? They might have brought it forward.

Dunno about zen 2 timescales either tbqh, still kinda up in the air with that one

8700k is in 6 weeks

zen on 7nm is early 2018
They really rushing these launches... Didnt they learn?

O weow, they really are in damage control.

I have my doubts of them getting mass produced 7nm chips out in early 2017, I'd probably put $10 on then not getting 7nm until 2019. Love to be proven wrong, we'll soon see I guess.

we have 5nm coming soon too

Pinnacle Ridge is early 2018, but that's just the platform name. Could mean anything from new chipset only to new CPU entirely, my guess is new steppings and a small SKU bump (1850X?). Zen 2 is just labeled 2018 in roadmaps, and I'll be fuckin amazed if it's before Q4. They might have to do quad patterning to fab the initial lot, though I've heard that EUV rollout is going quicker than expected.

>I'd probably put $10 on then not getting 7nm until 2019

they not gonna leave Zen 14nm till 2019 its obvious
AMD will do their magic as always

the problem lies on the implementation..

amd has the uncore speed tied directly to ram speed
intel being intel and cares only for money doesnt so they wont get the free "oc" from it

You can still OC via BCLK on skylake chips

wow lad

pretty sure you know what i meant...

SHUUUUUT UUUUPPPPPPPPP

also mb shekels

Intel user here

They are gonna have to make a completely new CPU. Anything past 4 cores doesn't communicate worth shit.
Their square ring buss shit doesn't work.
It makes every SkylakeX chip run like shit.

SkylakeX preforms worse than broadwell E with twice the power usage.

Why is Ryzen so much cheaper? It's like same performance for half the price. That doesn't make any sense.

because Ryzen yield is so much higher.

Why's the Intel system been given twice the RAM?
Crazy yields. Boards have gotta be cheaper since the gold pins are on the CPU vs the motherboard for Intel. They've included good coolers for a while so they probably have that supply line down pat. Couple that with Intel using cum and the Blue team suddenly needs a good cooler to force the heat off the chip.

>16GB vs 32GB RAM
>Box cooler vs AIO

Nice try, AMD shill.

>Why is Ryzen so much cheaper
Because it's just two 4 core CPUs glued together.
It's wayyyy cheaper than making a monolithic 8 core.
That and Intel requires a 60% profit on all chips sold.

TAhat madman Keller made that cheap ass CPU work. I was convinced the CCX latency would be a huge issue for AMD.
I'LL Admit I was wrong.

>Why's the Intel system been given twice the RAM?

According to the reviewer, anyone who is investing in X299 platform is going to be using 32GB.

My 1600 runs at 3.8GHz on the stock cooler without any additional voltage. I could definitely push it to 3.9GHz-4GHz. The 7800X needs an AIO minimum because Intel jewed out on the TIM again and it sucks power like a crack whore looking for a tip.

>Intel jewed out on the TIM again
Why are AMD fans so uninformed?

The Tim has nothing to do with the temps.
The tolerance between the chip and HIS is too large.
Even cheap TIM is still 5-7C behind the good shit.

Evidently not, Kaby Lake is a fucking fire hazard, and now so is Skylake X.

Then why does delidding a mayo Intel chip to cool the die directly causes a 20C decrease while delidding a soldered AMD chip to cool the die directly causes a 4-8 decrease in temps?

Synthetic thermal paste will never ever be a better heat conductor than gold ol' fluxless solder.

>7700k is still the best
All I needed to know.

I don't understand how the 7800X performs so poorly, I has to be something to do with the mesh interconnect

Oh so Intel as terrible quality control as well as just being cheap bastards.

>Evidently not
Are you retarded?
The large tolerance causes bad heat transfer from the HIS. Several tests have shown the Heat spreader on a 7800x does that really get hot while the chip gets 90c.

>Then why does delidding a mayo Intel chip to cool the die directly causes a 20C decrease
Because you remove the glue Intel uses to connect the HIS to the PCB when deLidding.
That causes the HIS to fully contact the chip.

WHY are AMD fans so fucking retarded?
Seriously, how do you all not know this?

Then why does delidding a soldered chip result in barely any noticeable temperature drops hmm?

>Because it's just two 4 core CPUs glued together.
That doesn't matter in this case since both complexes are part of the same 8-core die. The yields would be the same even if it was a single 8-core CCX on the die. It only has impact on Threadripper and EPYC since those use two and four dies respectively.
What it does, though, is allow a lot more modularity during the _design_ process - for example Raven Ridge for notebooks will probably be one 4-core CCX and an iGPU on a single die.

Double the price at that. And it's not like there's a drastic difference.

>Then why does delidding a soldered chip result in barely any noticeable temperature drops hmm?
Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Each CCX is separate and isn't part of a 8 core chip.
Their ccx has a 81% yeild so they are stupid easy 2 make.
I can't imagine Intel has a bigger than 40% yeilds on their 8 core house fires

Are you fucking retarded?
One Zeppelin die contains two compute complexes (CCX). It's 195mm^2. AMD is not chasing 60% margins, it's that simple.

>benchmarks

I like how this Aussie AMDrone pretends to ignore that Intel is competing with itself

>1080 n the ryzen build
>1060 on the intel build

Fuck, Ryzen is better at pretty much everything.

>Double the price
wrong

>deliding kit
>cooling for a delidlake
>proper non-exploding motherboards

Yeah, he meant to say close to 3x the price

>same performance

>7700k on top of pretty much every benchmark
Feelsgoodman

This is some fantastic cherrypicking, it's almost like the first two images in the threads don't already have an average 30 game score and their breakdown.

>DX12 Deus ex AMD loses
>DX11 Deus Ex AMD wins

That's one fantastically implemented render path

I like that hardwareunboxed does through testing and isn't biased, but averages and min frames still in 2017? frametim graph is far more important, and basically tells you everything from highs, lows and microstutters

YEAH BUT I CAN'T JUST GLANCE AT A FRAMETIME GRAPH AND COME TO A HASTY CONCLUSION LIKE I CAN WITH A BAR GRAPH SAYING BIGGER IS BETTER

Fucking catering to normalfaggots

>posts one game
>op image has dozens of gayms
Your desperation is showing.

Hey I can do that too.

>AMDshillPowerUp
>AMDunboxed

...the fuck?

t. intel engineer

>5nm
DELETE THIS

Should I attempt to delid an i7-6850K?

>6 core ryzen costs 250 bucks
>6 core intel costs 600 bucks
>same performance

KEK

wasn't 7700K released in fucking February this year?

Jesus.

>inb4 requires new Z370 socket

Uh, no. The difference between core temps and heatspreader temps are as large as 30C.

>quad channel memory
>needs water cooling

Wew such shilling amirite

holy shit, releasing a 6c/12t at this point was a huge mistake. they themself destroyed the 'intel is for gaming' meme by showing everyone how shit the multicore performance of games is

This image shows that Core temp is not being efficiently transferred to heat spreader.

Holy fuck rekt

Also WTF I HATE LINUS NOW

AMD seems to have confirmed that that "2000 series" Ryzen CPUs will be 7nm. I don't think desktop ones would be here as early as q1 2018, though.

I have a feeling that 7nm is going to come to servers before desktop this time around.

AMD has confirmed nothing, only that "Zen cores" will be on 14nm+

Which probably means higher clocks, but it could only be for Raven Ridge and not Desktop

Early 7nm on duv I'm guessing is ryzen mobile refresh, get some of that quick and easy low power savings on low complexity chips and also a decent pipe cleaner for zen2 and euv.

What's the difference between all of these? Logical Increments suggests the Krait one, but it looks like it's just painted differently and costs more.

Is it best to get the gaming plus one for a r5 1600?

>top boffin at Intel quits suddenly after every media outlet tears memelake-x a new rectum

Hmmm....

There is another thread about Coffee Lake S leaks. Looks like it will be slightly (10-15%) faster than a 1600X but cost $100 more.

you're not gonna say that the intel system performs the same as the ryzen one when the first one has twice the RAM. If you're gonna do a benchmark on this CPU you're not gonna use more expensive hardware just because

>just another amd biased review

You'd be looking at $514 vs $904. Not exactly looking good for Intel still.

I'm willing to bet most Intel fans are just waiting for Coffee Lake anyway.

You probably don't need x370 for a ryzen 5 1600 unless your heart is set on SLI. Go with something like the MSI B350 Tomahawk

>MSI
He should get B350 Strix.

>All I needed to know.
Same here.

Is that the only difference? For x370 and b350?

>Skylake-X will crush ryzen, 7700k with 6 cores at 5.0GHz
Look how that turned out

>CoffeeLake will crush Ryzen, imagine 7700k with 6 cores at 5.0GHz

That's the main difference. Going down to B350 you also lose some USB ports I think. That and since all the high end boards are X370 you get better features on the side, like better NICs and audio chipsets. Not inherent to the platform, but the way it tends to be

It's $130 though why not get x370 at that point?

Lowend x370 are junk

>imagine 7700k with 6 cores at 5.0GHz
What.

wtf, this proves Intel's architecture is only capable of making fast quad-cores firehouses, anything beyond that doesn't scale well and becomes an abortion.

lmao most 7700ks cant even make it to 5ghz. how is a 6 core variant going to manage that?

>10% higher perfrormance
>50% more expensive
>requires delidding and a non-stock cooler to OC
>still the best

Dunno, ask fanboys. They're the one constantly going on about how the next Intel CPU will have a zillion cores and hit 10 GHz on air.

>10ghz on air
B-bibelines!

Same logic as the Pentium 4 EXTREME Edition days.

FUCK ATHLON
BUY BENTIUM

MOAR GIGAHURTZ

DELET

How much more expensive was the Athlon from Pentium 4 and the Extreme?

What is with all this bullshit FUD about pinnacle ridge/Zen2 lately?

Su herself has said Zen2 is pinnacle ridge. Which is a die shrink to 7nm with improvements to IPC.

You can't oc 7800x without aio, also the oc in those benchmarks required a 300 dollar loop, while ryzen oc results are on the stock cooler.