If you live in Japan (or not), I'd like your opinion on anime vs. western cartoons...

If you live in Japan (or not), I'd like your opinion on anime vs. western cartoons. This is particularly aimed at Japanese people but anyone can contribute their opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74buDTYR5OA
youtube.com/watch?v=ar-lv03ElXI
youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc
youtube.com/watch?v=pYn-iwGe2H8
youtube.com/watch?v=U1occ95RKkg
youtube.com/watch?v=h8amVaBa7Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=PyxYdj9dGcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Both are made for the outcasts of scoiety. You need to be retarded to enjoy either... or a fat NEET

hello, you are correct

Guy who lived 6 months in Japan here.

Anime are seen as a children thing there. Even when you see all those cosplayers in akihabara most of them do it for the pleasure of being disguised rather than being a huge fan of the stuff. Manga and anime are a way different thing culturally speaking. Manga are more generally accepted when anime is more of a niche subculture when it's not children that are watching.

Avatar Last Airbender is best anime

>bashing animes
>on a korean origami board

WEW
E
W

anime = plot driven, interesting characters, etc
western cartoons = created for children with short attention spans, episodes don't really tie in together, no character development etc

Western cartoons are made for children.
Japanese cartoons are made for children and manchildren alike.

i tried to watch anime once, it seemed boring and poorly drawn/animated compared to usual cartoons

Western cartoon cater to manchildren hard. Especially since liberal pussy weebs control the industry now.

don't they call any animation anime, whether they are japanese or "western"?

Western cartoons are made for children.
Japanese cartoons are mostly made for children(doraemon/shinchan/sazae-san) AND teenagers(which is most of the rest of anime) with the exception of cgdct which is made for adult salarymen.
Am I right?

yes

They both used to be great back in the 90's, now they are shit. Anime is slightly less shitty, but still shit.

Anime peaked during the 90s. Western cartoons during the early to mid 2000s

ANIME YES
N
I
M
E

Y
E
S

>implying season 6 of The Simpsons came out in the 2000s

I will never stop referencing spongebob tbqh. It makes the best memes

fun fact: here in brazil, spongebob and goku are both voiced by the same guy

about anime vs cartoons, i don't care about either, but anime is the lesser evil. most western animation are pure left-wing propaganda nowadays

modern cartoons are trash for mentally deficient people.

>russian user doesn't post with russian cartoons

youtube.com/watch?v=74buDTYR5OA

did anyone just mentioned

A N I M E S
N
I
M
E
S

russian (soviet) cartoons are uncanny valley tier

Tom and Jerry and The Looney Tunes are objectively the best cartoons. Not even an old faf

Examples?

I'm not much for animes but Cory in the House was quite well done.

youtube.com/watch?v=ar-lv03ElXI
shkol`nik pls

youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc
youtube.com/watch?v=pYn-iwGe2H8
youtube.com/watch?v=U1occ95RKkg

This is cute. Riki tiki is a mongoose right?

Ok these are fucked up

I went to Japan and that's how most TV stations and stores categorize it, but if someone asked you if you liked anime they sure as hell aren't talking about Pixar or Nickelodeon.

yes

>about anime vs cartoons, i don't care about either, but anime is the lesser evil. most western animation are pure left-wing propaganda nowadays
>mfw Sup Forums actually admits anime to be the least evil entertainment as all other forms of entertainment cater to leftism.
Sup Forums has so weird attitude about anime. They say it's degenerate but substantial # of people there like it.

Cartoons are made for children
Anime is made for manchildren

I am a manchild so I like anime

Most anime, except for normal anime like DBZ, is for losers and creepy virgin otakus. Everyone despises those stupid moeshit anime and creepy otakus. They deserve it and really hated by anyone else everywhere.

Those creepy otakus never see western cartoons. Basically the ones watch western cartoons for some reason are normies and a kind of indie youth like tumblr. But they are not sjws.

Anime is superior, I don't know how Americans don't get bored of super-hero shit, so non-creative

Feels like watching a music video by Tool without the music.

Watching cartoons I always had to wonder what kind of people could enjoy shitty art, accompanied with a massive load of "jokes" either about shit, piss, snot, phlegm or around characters ALL being despicably ugly and retarded.

It's the lowest denominator of humour. Making fun of the town's idiot and fart jokes. Only everyone in the shows are the town's idiot and all jokes are about farts.

When your early shows are things like Vicky the Viking, Heidi, Sailor Moon and Dragonball, etc. you don't really understand the audience Cartoons are supposed to have. It's not children because what kind of father would want to have their kids growing up stupid and laughing uncontrolably when body fluids are mentioned, but it's not adults either because grown people are beyond that.

For years I didn't place in anywhere. It was some fringe shit relegated mostly to two early morning shows that nobody watched or a cable television channel that had to share its frequency with another one.

But then you grow up and see that shit's BIG in America and that it explains a fucking lot about american teen stupidity and shitty humour everywhere and that's probably responsible for Americans taking so fucking long to grow up mentally.

Japanese cartoons are made for children and autists that think like children

While I do agree that most cartoons are shit there are the exeptions like Hey Arnold

Anime is pure.

((( Western ))) fiction is just brainwashing.

>If you live in Japan (or not), I'd like your opinion on anime vs. western cartoons. This is particularly aimed at Japanese people but anyone can contribute their opinion.

t. Fat Neet Shitskin Virgin

one i not inherently better than the other

Yeah, some were good. But I still have to wonder why the american obsession with drawing the most dismorph and ugly characters.

What must it be like in their designer staff meetings

>Jim: what if we make the main character a dwarf with a rugbyball shaped head, bald in a patch of the head, wearing a cap that's smaller than his eye?
>Bob: haha, great stuff, Jim. And his friend can be the opposite: and langky black guy with a cylinder for a head
>Jim: HAHAHAHA you're killing me Bob. And he can have a girl that's in love with him...
>Bob: YES. And she's blonde... pfffff HAHAHA b-but h-has a hahaha BLACK MONOBROW!!!
>Jim: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Bob: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EPIC AHAHAHA
>Goldestein: Perfect! Give these men a million dollars!

I love ANIME

t. Hélder weeaboo

Mitsuba is always so lewd

He's not wrong

but I preferred this dog KenKen to Tom and Jerry

youtube.com/watch?v=h8amVaBa7Cc

Basically the same thing except one is made in Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=PyxYdj9dGcI