François Piednoël Quits Intel

techpowerup.com/235385/francois-piednoel-quits-intel

What the hell is happening over at Intel goys? Principle engineer who was responsible for last decade of Intel CPUs is leaving the sinking ship?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FPiednoel/status/888607563104649216
twitter.com/FPiednoel/status/808788684216496128
twitter.com/FPiednoel/status/606405861854961665/photo/1
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2411519/computex-intel-pokes-fun-at-amd-and-mediatek-with-65-core-xeon-smartphone
reaxxion.com/3912/intel-proudly-announces-diversity-initiative-with-anita-sarkeesians-feminist-frequency
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be foreigner
>quit job
>constantly shit talk anti foreigner president

I know what adventure he'll be going on.

I don't think so, I'm betting $20 that Intel has a secret CPU technology they've kept shelved in case of emergencies

Does wittle user believe in the tooth-fairy too? guu guu gaa gaa

Daily reminder that Intel has hardware backdoors in their processors (Intel AMT/Intel ME).

Based Francois probably couldn't stand having this on his conscience any longer

>greasy french
>caring about privacy

Jim Keller to join Intel next.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Daily reminder that post-Piledriver AMD chips have similar hardware backdoor in the form of PSP.

>Based
Literally haven't seen any breakthrough

At least with no known vulnerabilities or exploits.

Yet.
Neither is safe, but there's a chance the security architecture of the PSP is more robust than Intel's ME, which is very old

who the fuck want to carry a last name that litterally mean "christmas foot"

That's probably the worst time possible to do so.
Intel needs a new architecture and needs it fast.
Also they need a good interconnect technology or shit will get fucked up real fast.

That's the most ridiculous name I've seen so far. "Piednoƫl" literally means "Footchristmas"

That's illogical. Intel has been trying to kill AMD for years using underhanded tactics. The least underhanded thing they could do is release a product that was so good that AMD would be wholly unable to compete. In other words if Intel had some amazing CPU technology it'd be tearing the market up right now.

oh boy another quebecer

what is even going on at intel

>talks shit about ryzen on twitter
>"just wait for Intel!"
>memelake-x happens
>mysteriously "quits" his job

I think there is a clear pattern here.

Remember on dragon ball Z when vegeta finally achieved the Super saiyan form, and then at first laid hell on everyone but then was broken like a useless wimp by android 18?
Replace Super saiyan for "being ahead on the manufacturing process" and Vegeta for intel.
Also android 18 for AMD.

whos gonna be cell then?

Probably 7nm ryzen, Mr.Satan, as intel's next step will be 10nm.

A 10Ghz processor with a 50 stages deep pipeline.

NO
NOT THE TEJAS
THE EVIL SHOULD NEVER RETURN

Considering that...

> Zen is just 1st gen
> AMD has infinity fabric and memetic abilility to scale up or down Zen CPUs
> It has legendary yields considering size of chips
> Better TDP and SMT then what Intel can muster
> Big goys (M$, Baidu, Amazon, Dell etc) are pissed at Intels price politics in last decade

...Is there a way back for Intel or did Keller literally made a meme of these corrupt fucks and all we can do is watch them burn?

>Big goys (M$, Baidu, Amazon, Dell etc)

You didn't get the memo did you? Those companies don't matter because like, who the fuck would buy Epyc?

Yeeees goy, large OEMs and hyperscalers don't matter...
BUY XEON SCALABLE FAMILY PROCESSORS, BE A GOOD GOY.

Yeah I mean come the fuck on. It's just 4 laptop GPUs stapled togehter.

oy.

isn't Cell ARM in this metaphor?

No it's 4 low end laptop CPUs glued together with cheap Chinese adhesive

I'm sure there's some sort of a clause with his amd contract that prevents him from working for a competitor for the next half a decade.

>Jim Keller joins the dudes that killed Alpha series
HA
HAHAHAHSHAHAHAHHAHAHA
NOT IN A THOUSAND YEARS

It's just 4 raspberry pies thrown into the same pan.

it's just a subscription to EC2 and a 4G uplink.

Why not stick around and work on the new x86 arch? Is it because it's already a clusterfuck? Could be just the planning phases are going badly.

>Intel's new arch is chopping parts off x86 "to make it faster" aka add moar vectorz
You know it's already a clusterfuck.

Tell me the story of why Keller hates Intel user.

Intel coerced Compaq (that bought DEC) to kill Alpha series in favour of fucking Itanium.

We know that amd's psp is needed to initiate the cpu, so it seems worse than intel's ME. Both are horrible though, so fuck them both.

Probably Buu.

It's just 4 niggers chained together.

AMD supports slavery.

Jim Keller worked in AMD K12. Where is it?

You know that you're very unlikely to intercept any PSP>CPU calls, they're not plaintext. Right? Find me an exploit and we'll talk, as of now they're all whatifs

Shelved.
ARM servers are meme for now.

>I'm betting $20 that Intel has a secret CPU technology they've kept shelved in case of emergencies
My guess is it probably has more in common with a power cpu, and risc more than it does thier previous cpus.

So, NetBurst?
That was killed.

>...Is there a way back for Intel or did Keller literally made a meme of these corrupt fucks and all we can do is watch them burn?
Their brand new core design for x86 should be interesting... when it launches sometime in 2021.

If Zen 2 ends up being better at single core as well, then Intel is fucking finished. Bravo Keller and team.

If i would bet at a secret tech intel have, it's something based on itanium that use a very smart translation layer to convert x86 to it.
VLIW makes a fuckton of sense in terms of actual architecture design as you skip a bunch of problems of trying to make a CPU that executes separate instructions.
But that layer would have to be made of actual jewish black magic, and i'm pretty sure intel don't have it.

We can expect 5-10% ipc improvement and more clocks.

Being this rustled over psp being worse than ME, and actually defending it. Dafuq wrong with you?

You have proven nothing yet, son.
I can make wild claims too.

>So, NetBurst?
>That was killed.
Probably more like a xeon that looks a lot like an openpower/xeon hybrid with the lines between cisc, and risc even more blurred.

and who's son gohan then?

>even more blurred
How?
Just nuke x86 and go custom RISC then.

>Intel will have to use "That"

>You have proven nothing yet, son.
About what? user said that psp is needed to initiate the cpu is true. This in it's own is worse that shitel's ME. Only a complete faggot would try to defend this.
How much do you make when you whiteknight for amd on 4chang user, or are you just being a complete faggot for free?

One needs the spy chip to initiate, the other turns off after 30 minutes without the spy chip.
It's pretty much the same thing.
Right now the intel one is "better" because it is known on how to disable it, while PSP is still untouched, most likely due how unpopular the bulldozer was.
The one that either get the company removing it entirely or cracked in a way you can disable it on any computer without needing external hardware "wins".

So what if it needs to initiate the CPU? It's another vector of attack, but is it vulnerable or not? That's the fucking problem.

All you're doing is saying "IT COULD DO THIS AND THAT THROUGH THIS" but what basis do you have that it will happen like this?
ME has vulnerabilities, PSP does not at the moment.

Think about it - the mainboards of laptops are smaller than a Raspberry Pi.

intel already virtualizes everything.

wtf i hate apple now

Stop being a faggot amdnon.

(You) tried

Belgian

>the other turns off after 30 minutes without the spy chip.
Not really, if you delete the right pages it won't shut down and won't work.

Alex Jones is looking good after all those bone broths

Yes, thus why the second part of my post about being known how to disable it.
But normally, if you just wipe out PSP you brick the AMD, while you get the 30 minute shutdown of death on intel.

.20 cents for you poo

That's Jim "The God's Micro Architect" Keller

>jayhawk + larabee 2 using bingity cloth

AMD IS DEAD

But i don't want to die in fire.

>Runs cinebench like a dream
>Can't run nesticle at full speed due interpreters being a bunch of switch cases

Jim Keller is running Tesla's autopilot division now,

Intel would be under a lot of anti-trust scrutiny if they forced AMD out of the market

TOO LATE

Sounds like he's fiddling with DSPs in that case, Tesla doesn't need general purpose processors.

twitter.com/FPiednoel/status/888607563104649216

Kek.

Pot calling kettle black.

There's a tweet about him saying something like Zen won't amount to much a few months back.

twitter.com/FPiednoel/status/808788684216496128

lmao.

HAHAHAHAHA

>even the lead designer of intel processors behaves like a Sup Forums shitposter
really makes me think

Oh jesus. All that egg. All over this man's face.
twitter.com/FPiednoel/status/606405861854961665/photo/1

guess there is the reason why intel is so shit

This really explains the Xeon marketing slides so, so much. theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2411519/computex-intel-pokes-fun-at-amd-and-mediatek-with-65-core-xeon-smartphone

So intel went from respected industry leader to a fucking parody of a shitty company in just 6 months?

Yes? So did AMD with Barcelona.
Retardedly bad management can do many things.

IBM

Intel is literally POTUS

yeah intel has so many designs on the closet that they dont even know which one to pick..

Source:

a year ago Sup Forums was flooded with "amd will go bankrupt

a year later intel is literally going down that road
i mean this isnt really a suprise to anyone... they hired her for gods sake reaxxion.com/3912/intel-proudly-announces-diversity-initiative-with-anita-sarkeesians-feminist-frequency

Good management makes all the difference.
I pity the retards that did not buy $AMD at $2 per share.

i bought some stocks when i learned the amount of money the chinese threw at amd...
i bought even more when murica practicly btfo intel from selling cpu's to china
from that point i knew amd was gonna either fuck it up or anal fuck the industry

>I pity the retards that did not buy $AMD at $2 per share.
You do realize that you just called the vast majority of the Worlds population for 'retards', right? Nice one AMD shill.

>world is full of poot (and retarded) people
Whoa, really makes you think!

> the vast majority of the Worlds population for 'retards'
That is correct.

>I pity the retards that did not buy $AMD at $2 per share.
Fuck you, I am one of those retards. ;-;

Oh no! What will the rest of the world think about us anonymous shitposters on a bulgarian bear-skinning forum.