So Sup Forums I just bought the Ryzen 7 1700X, upgrading from an FX 8350. Waiting for it to ship, what should i expect?

So Sup Forums I just bought the Ryzen 7 1700X, upgrading from an FX 8350. Waiting for it to ship, what should i expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B9zt3SF_Flc
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen-6linux&num=1
rbt.asia/g/search/image/QCghk7pgxOQyOdyR8TQ62g/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A Piece of shit.

A bit of scap metal made in chinklad for stupid AMD kiddies to buy

Amazing performance at an affordable price!

|
|>
|
|

user, I'm sorry to say but you've wasted your money there, That CPU is not worth it, Nice try though.

That's a huge upgrade over an FX 8350.

you should have gotten with the r7 1700

chinkland* :^)

Get back to work, Brian. Those CPUs aren't going to glue themselves.

Why the 1700 instead of the 1700X?

Only the best. You've been blessed by Jim Keller.

Salt from Intel shills

cheaper and 95% of them max out at the same clicks as the 1700x

Because there's literally no difference between the two in terms of binning and you get a free cooler with the 1700. Only the 1800X has a better chance of reaching the mythical 4GHz.

you should have waited for the ryzen pro

That's for businesses.

Should the fan on my ryzen cooler spin in this direction? Because it does
I'm no fan expert but every other cooler I had spun clockwise

Just look at the blades, and think about which way it makes sense for it to be pushing air.

I sleep with my 1800x

it doesn't mind my bedhead

give it lots of kisses

It's like going from a honda civic to a muscle car.

Like going from this
youtube.com/watch?v=B9zt3SF_Flc
to a silky smooth W16 engine.

What do I do with my 1700x when Zen2 comes around

Sell it on fleabay.

>>>/ebay/

you goofed and got an aussie cooler

>So Sup Forums I just bought the Ryzen 7 1700X, upgrading from an FX 8350. Waiting for it to ship, what should i expect?
Virtual reality.

yes. the bower throws air into the aluminum fins, to cool the CPU.

A better cpu than fx.

A good cpu.

OP here. I currently have a GTX 1060 3gb, my friend just gave me his RX 570, which would should i use with my Ryzen 7 1700X when it comes?

a box with a CPU you fucki
water-cooled Vega frontier

>fell for the AMD meme once
>fell for it again

Are you a guitar player or something?

Every fan is spinning counter-clockwise.

A nice upgrade

Hopefully a very substantial improvement in user experience.

I'm upgrading from a 3570k to a 12c Threadraper and probably won't even know what to do with my system.

> and from there to a 24c TR2/3 to last me for the next decade

Why not 16c? It's only $200 more for 4 coarz.
1920x pricing is unattractive as fuck.

Rent your CPU out to starving 3D animators.

a sweet cooler mount, you don't even need to get to the back of the mobo, you cant easily swap coolers with the mobo mounted

I'm going for the 2nd tier 12 core, so like the 1600 to the 1920X's 1600X, assuming a $650+-$50 sticker price.

I'm looking for something that will be a huge step up but that I'll not feel too stupid about replacing in ~2 year.

There's only X models of Threadripper for now though.
1920x is kinda bad value compared to 1950x.
Though if you're certain you're gonna to replace it with TR2/3, that's totally okay.
Also MOTHERFUCKING XPS13 WITH RAVEN RIDGE WHEN?

They said they were just spoiling 2 models' specs and pricing. There will almost assuredly be 4-6 SKUs at launch. Maybe more if they try to sell some retarded 2x4c models for people who just don't want to be PCIe lanelets.

Non-stuttery gayming and monster multi-threading.

cut your hair smelly nigger hippy

epitome of a AMD user

A very big performance bump.
Ryzen are fucking great CPU.

but I'm white and I make lots of money

>I just bought the Ryzen 7 1700X

Running 4.025Ghz on the 1600x

Post proof faggot.

>Mythical 4GHz
My 1700X runs at 4.0 all day.

The 1600X has the same clocks as an 1800X, so it should have the same higher binning.

And? What's your point? Congratulations, you won't the silicon lottery! It doesn't change the fact that both the 1700 and 1700X are the same bin though, with an 1800X having a far higher chance of being a winner.

>As of 3/13/17, the top 26% of 1700s were able to hit 4.0GHz or greater.
>As of 3/13/17, the top 29% of 1700Xs were able to hit 4.0GHz or greater.
>As of 3/13/17, the top 73% of 1800Xs were able to hit 4.0GHz or greater.

Ryzen 7 1700
93% reach 3.8GHz @ 1.376V
70% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.408V
20% reach 4.0GHz @ 1.440V

Ryzen 7 1700X
100% reach 3.8GHz @ 1.360V
77% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.392V
33% reach 4.0GHz @ 1.424V

Ryzen 7 1800X
100% reach 3.8GHz (assumed)
97% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.376V
67% reach 4.0GHz @ 1.408V
20% reach 4.1GHz @ 1.440V

I finally upgraded to an R5 1600 from a Phenom 9750

Glad I did, would recommend full price R5 and official AMD hat

Fake news.

Gets funnier every time.

your gonna be astounded at how you put up with such a shit CPU till now

I'm running the 4.9 kernel but I don't think there is an issue with multitasking
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen-6linux&num=1
>The 1600X has the same clocks as an 1800X, so it should have the same higher binning.
Yeah isn't it true that the Ryzen 5 and 7s are essentially an 1800x with certain cores disabled?

graphs like this never fail to make me laugh. Bless you user.

R7 is all 8c16t, famalam.
But you are correct that R5/R3 chips are the same Zeppelin dies with some cores disabled.

Holy fuck, it always catches me off guard.

>R7 is all 8c16t, famalam.
That's true. I sacrificed extra cores for being able to OC to 4Ghz. Also the $230 price for the 1600x was within my budget for my build

For some reason ryzen pair with Nvidia gpus has lower performance than ryzen/amd combo in some games. The performance of the 570 is about the same as the 1060 3gb and the 570 has more ram so I'd go with the 570

Is there any difference in ability to hit 4.0 on Ryzen 5 vs Ryzen 7? I thought that was a complete myth. Zen just has a harder time getting to 4.0 in general, don't think it has anything to do with the number of active cores.

The (plausible) speculation is that Nvidia drivers just can't into efficient multi-threading while AMD has been pushing it for years to give their CPUs a chance in hell against Intel.

s-so my 1080ti is BOTTLENECKED?

This is the big reason I'm still waiting for RX Vega. I don't expect them to beat Nvidia, but at least they'll be modern cards and work well together with the Ryzen CPU I have.

In the meanwhile I've got a 1050Ti to hold me over because no iGPU.

It's some Nvidia driver issue in only some games.

You're in for a surprise.

What new information is there? Last I heard was the 1080 comparison at Budapest and still no fucking prices.

>What new information is there?
Kraut THG did some tests including workstation loads. The performance was splendid, for an early access edition of Vega so.

People have convinced themselves that AMD has been sandbagging on Vega FE.

> smart money is that the silicon is much better than shown but performance is crappy from legit No Drivers and not some grand keikaku.

Grand keikaku worked with Eyefinity and Evergreens in general back then.

You should expect to feel about $30-$50 worth of remorse later when everyone else has overclocked their 1700 to roughly the same level as your chip

you got tricked into a Sup Forums only meme

People are stupid. The AMD Ryzen series is fucking great.

I have a 1700 and still haven't found one single reason to overclock it. Running stock speeds.with a giant-ass tower cooler on it makes the fucker idle around 2-3C higher than room temperature.

>steam bait
In a similar fashion as the you're not funny guy, you guys are not creative at all.

AYYMD is finished

Not that it's easier, but cheaper.

As I understand, the binning and OC potential of 1600X is comparable with 1800X (or at least 1700X), and is a lot cheaper (especially since you only sacrifice 2 cores).

It's basicly a cheaper ticket to the silicon lottery.

I don't think it matters if you get the ----X models since they are all 95W and can be OC to 4.0 and beyond.

But it matters if you do not get the ----X models, since you are unlikely to reach an OC of 4.0 unless you water cool or got really lucky.

You can still OC to 3.7 with the 1600 for example.

this

budget/performance build the 1600 is your friend since you get an OK cooler with it too

1600 is easily the best perf/$ on the market besides a certain bargain bin Bentium, but the 1700 is a ridiculously good value by historical standards as well. 1600X and 1700X don't make much sense for most buyers. We can only hope TR has some non-X super values as well.

> 12c16t 3.4/3.9 1920 for $600 pls Lisa

>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN xDDDDDDD

rbt.asia/g/search/image/QCghk7pgxOQyOdyR8TQ62g/

gamersnexus pls go