/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/998386-REG/auray_epe_mdr7506_extra_deep_earpads_for.html
amazon.com/Auray-Genuine-Sheepskin-Leather-Earpads/dp/B00EHTG7J8
uk.jvc.com/headphones/over-ear/HA-RX700-E/
my.mixtape.moe/xshokv.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck anime

Do I need anything more than Ovjective 2?

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

HD598

The answer is no as long as you get adequate volume out of the O2. Spending more money will not lead to audibly increased transparency.

Pics + time stamp of your headphones you filthy casual cowards! Do it! You don't have the balls to show what you really listen to!

Post a e s t h e t i c headphones

Those look like shit. I bet you like brutalist architecture too.

Friendly reminder that the hd600s are lumpy mids, rolled off treble overpriced meme garbage and get BTFO'd by comparable hifiman and audiotechnica offerings.

Need some expert help.

How would these affect the sound of my Sony MDR-7506?

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/998386-REG/auray_epe_mdr7506_extra_deep_earpads_for.html

Much better.

Too bad I can still post without the tripcode and the hd600s are still rolled off treble, lumpy mid meme garbage :^)

Those will probably change the sound a lot more than these, which I'd recommend instead: amazon.com/Auray-Genuine-Sheepskin-Leather-Earpads/dp/B00EHTG7J8
I have to believe earpads that move the ears away from the drivers (compared to stock pads) will change the sound more than earpads that don't.

Thanks.

>can't handle to truth
figures.
nice taste.
The better the seal the more bass you get, i'd go with Auray Sheep Skin though, it keeps your ears closer to the drivers.

HD580

You are totally rught my friend. Everybody knows that the best headphones are HD650.

>Budget - up to ~100$
>Location - Bosnia
>Source - USB
>Type of headphone - idk
>Open or closed - closed. I don't want outside noise to affect the volume
>Comfort level - max. I'm gonna use them 8 hours a day so I don't want them to be uncomfortable or to make my ears hot
>Sound signature - idk

They also must have a microphone since I'm gonna speak half the time.

this could actually be fun if people were more insterested in headphones than shitposting.

I've been using JVC HA-RX700 for about five years.

uk.jvc.com/headphones/over-ear/HA-RX700-E/ (although these are the newer -E model).

Anyone use similar headphones? These are really comfy and durable. I can't say much about the finer details of audio quality but I have no complaints about them.

>Literally the same headphone with bumped up midbass

So do all shillheiser fans just resort to shitposting and being unable to read fqr graphs when presented with real evidence?

Short answer? Yes.

>Budget - 100-150$
>Location - Israel (can order from europe if needed)
>Source - phone jack\pc
>Type of headphone - on ear\over ear
>Open or closed - closed
>Comfort level - 6hours of use daily with no ear pain
>Sound signature - idk? im not sure if it counts but i listen to metal and rock most of the time althogh i like quiet songs aswell
>Past headphones - siberia v2 meme headphones

I'm tired of my shit headphones and looking into investing in a quality pair which i will use for both my pc and my phone

Ordered a fiio x5 III. Good headphones to go with?

Pretty much.

The right gimbal is broken so I keep the cups in place with a beanie.

No. The o2 or magni with a separate dac and you're good to go.

It's the 650. Stop asking this question for fucks sake.

Beats by dre

come on

>Budget
$300
>Location
'Murrica
>Source
Magni
>Type of headphone
Full-sized over-ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfortable
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
HD558 (liked these), DT880 (didn't like these, too much treble and not enough mids)

Look deep into your heart, you already know the answer.

AKG K612 pro

>AKG K612 pro

Zeos hated them.

Ath-ad1000x or hifiman he-400i.

don't need a time stamp, I have posted my setup here in the past. I'm never changing any of this shit. I'll literally be rocking my 600 and magni when I'm 60. Unless something new and incredible gets released.

Is the HD 600 the new M50?

>overhyped and over shilled

Literally the hd600. If you find the clamp to be too much for you, you can always stretch the band. Ignore the memes and look on Youtube. It's straightforward.

You will get shat on here for that comment. Sup Forums hates him.

Unironically the HD600 if you like mids.

There are only two potential problems with it, one is that there's a slight treble/bass recess, and the other is that it has a soft and mild sound signature so it's shit if you predominantly listen to metal, hardstyle etc.

It's a mid budget dream for female vocals and weeb music though.

But he's literally /hpg/ personified

I think it's pretty exclusive to /hpg/ to worship one particular, relatively old headphone with a lot of really bad issues in the midrange and no treble and call it "neutral." Other audio enthusiast places on the internet have moved on from them and/or realize the severe flaws they have.

Just shut up.

>I think it's pretty exclusive to /hpg/

How delusional can you be? the 600 is pretty much recognized as the best affordable headphone throughout the whole fucking internet.

You know it's true. By this time next year, /hpg/ will have likely moved on and HD 600 owners will be looked down upon.

>the problem with the HD600 is not enough midbass - u
>the problem with the HD650 is it has more midbass
explain???

I got these Superlux HD668B memephones but they sound a little quiet with my S7 Edge smartphone connected. Is it because they need more power or an amplifier?

free palestine

If you guys like Sennheiser so much, someone buy my goddamn HD600s for $180. It's in great condition but it needs a new cable. It's a good offer :--)

Non 600 owners here 'look down' upon them now. Despite the fact that it's literally one of the best headphones you can buy. It seems like nothing but gay arguments between beyer and 600 owners. I own the 600 but I don't get involved in those discussions. I have tried multiple beyers before, and I know how good my 600 is so I couldn't give a shit.

Anime website

Um no. I said
>lumpy midrange and rolled of treble
Is the problem with the hd600. It's not "polite," it's dark and muddy. Roll-off past 8khz, a giant +10db spike at 2.5khz, and a -8db dip at 1.5khz is not neutral whatsoever.

Meanwhile every fucking shillheiser faggot here goes "MUH NEUTRAL MIDS" when asked about the hd600s meanwhile they have worse fqr measurements in the midband than almost 90% of headphones.

Status CB-1

spotted the autist

See? Every shitheiser faggot resorts to shitposting when confronted with real evidence that the hd600s are overpriced meme garbage.

Same here, tried 600 and 650 but preferred the Beyers
of course people could simply not be dicks about it, but this is Sup Forums after all

So annoying.

I was only joking. I don't claim that the 600's are neutral, but they're close. I dont wan't my headphone to be 100% fucking neutral. The hd600 works because the overall sound signature sounds amazing, a significant part of that is the slight warmth. Calling the 600 garbage is laughable and you know it.

Shit build quality and comfort out of the box for its price range.

Exactly. It's an anonymous website where everyone acts childish. Both brands have great headphones, and they all have their faults.

Stop.

Start.

You preferred the beyers because the midrange is flatter, albeit recessed because of the midbass bump. You probably also actually listen to music and not weeb shit/anime/vaporwave.

And yes they have a treble spike, but ironically the Sennheisers have more dramatic peaks in the midrange than the beyers have at treble. +4db at 9khz for the dt880s. Meanwhile at 2.5khz, right smack dab in the midrange, the hd600s have a peak at more than double the amplitude.

Dingleberry Dungus F60s

I owned one. It sounded really good. The pad material sucked. I destroyed mine accidentally. I don't want to talk about it. It seems they're no longer in production. I wonder how the s400 and s500 compare. It seems every 4 years or so JVC releases low-priced good-performing cans out of the blue. I need some sleep.

>Sennheisers have more dramatic peaks in the midrange

b-b-but /hpg/ told me that Beyers have +200000 db at 9k

I agree that the plastic is shit, but if you're spending this kind of money on a pair of fucking headphones you should be able to take them off your head and put them on a stand without breaking them like an absolute fucking retard. They're big, open headphones for home use. It doesn't matter if they're not built like a tank. The clamp is tight if you're not used to it. I stretched mine and its genuinely the most comfortable headphone I have tried. It took 20 seconds. That said, my friend bought a pair not long ago and I put them on expecting them to feel horrible and I actually liked the clamp.

The highs on beyers literally hurt at times. The hd600 sound detailed but NEVER feel horrible on the highs. Enjoy your headphones.

no more fite, Beyer and Senn-chan tomodachi
my.mixtape.moe/xshokv.mp3

HD600, obviously.
>DT880 (didn't like these, too much treble and not enough mids)
That's a very common and accurate complaint.

anyone here got the hd598 cs?
im gonna use them for my pc\phone, i really want a closed back headphones but i heard the noise cancellation is ridiculous and im a bit worried as I like to have some awareness to my surroundings, how much will someone hear out of my headphones if i get the open back ones?

The only headphones worth owning are the HD800s
If you own anything else you're just wasting money.

>It seems they're no longer in production.
Gee I guess I was wrong. Last year I remembered the only ones being sold on Amazon were used.
>The pad material sucked.
The same ultra-thin membrane used on RX300 which I also owned. The RX900 seems to have thicker kind, but people say it doesn't sound as coherent as the RX700.

treble rape

I wish there was more interest in modding the AD1000X to improve the bass quantity.

EQ

Does anyone know what the earpad size of the Sennheiser Momentum 2 over-ear is?
I own a Sennheiser Momentum over-ear 1st model and wan't to replace my earpads with the Momentum 2s earpads but have no idea if they would fit.

I have one. It will muffle the sound of your surroundings.

>how much will someone hear out of my headphones if i get the open back ones?

Not much, unless you have the volume cranked up high or they're in the same room as you.

That mofo in picture barely knows the most basics of writing systems in the Japanese language, it's truly painful.

>they don't own an Audeze LCD-2.2, a first gen Beyer T1 and a Sennheiser HD650 to cover 99% of all musical bases
M-Muh hd600 jack of all trades LOL

How do you like them?
Do you use them with your pc?
I'm afraid I'll be at home on my pc and not hearing my parents\brothers calling me or even knocking on my door.. should this be a problem with the cb and or the ob ones?

I haven't tried the first two but my 600 is better than the 650 so I'll take it. My 600 with a +2db sub bass boost sounds great for everything imo. Notice how I said in my opinion, because I'm not an absolute childish faggot like most on here.

>Budget
£100-150
>Location
UK
>Source
PC, Switch, Vita, 3DS
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Not that relevant, but if they're comfy it's a plus

Gonna use them for mostly gaming, watching anime and to listen pretty much every genre. Something that doesn't require an amp possibly, since I can't really afford one right now

I don't know if anything in is of any help but I'm posting this anyway, because reasons.

Shure SRH840

if you're not making love to your headphones you're doing something wrong

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm.
C O M F Y A S F U C K
It's like having 2 kittens pushing against your ears until it's filled with earwax since you never clean it and then it becomes crusty yum...

they are not muddy but yeah 650 are veiled as fuck
but they are still nice headphones
I have 990 and I like them both
if you want neutral sound then get something like LSR305 because I've never seen a neutral headphones

Get the Beyer Custom Studios instead, it's a DT 770 80 ohm with a detachable cable

>DT770
These are shit.
These are much better. I can recommend these.

I don't understand why people think headphones are more neutral than loudspeakers.

What do you think of the Custom One Pros?

Because there's less air to move.

Custom Studios have more comfortable earpads.

Loudspeakers are for autists who live in isolation.
You're an inconsiderate prick if you use them anywhere near civilization, but then I would never expect a basshead speaker nigger to understand.

That doesn't sound very comfy

>Read: I still live with my parents

The custom pros have a low 16 ohm impedance, I know that lower impedance beyers tend to have way rougher treble