Buddy gave me his old, broken work phone (iPhone 7). Things got pieces of the screen missing and it won't turn on

Buddy gave me his old, broken work phone (iPhone 7). Things got pieces of the screen missing and it won't turn on.

Anything I can do with it? Think it's worth dumping a few bucks into to fix/salvage?

Give it back Jamal.

GIVE

without knowing what's wrong with it but for sure buying a new screen, and without any use in mind beforehand?

why do you need to ask if it'd be worth spending money to fix it in a case like this? do you usually ask people for advice in stupidly obvious situations like these?

also an iphone 7 isn't old. it was announced less than a year ago. so if it's not working then your friend has handled it like a gorilla handles a tire.

Hook it up to a comp and see if it responds. If working then pay for glass replacement. If on first boot, it's icloud locked just get him to unlock it. He is your friend, isn't he?

By "old" I mean he's gotten a replacement since this thing has been trashed.

I plugged it in, but no response from the phone or computer

Try booting to dfu mode and if the computer still doesn't recognize it, it's dead

Update, computer recognizes it. Able to see pictures in the phones files. Actually it's just the one picture that is the Apple startup "Hello...Press home to open"

>handled it like a gorilla handles a tire.
Like an orang utan with a banjo.
Said of a friend's technique at the drive-in.

So it's fixable. New screen and digitizer is ~$100 on eBay. Instructions on ifixit.com.

take it to an Apple store and let the dumbasses they call "geniuses" tell you how much money it costs to replace the screen. They won't even look at anything, and will probably tell you to replace it for $350. Fix it up, sell it, buy a new phone.

"I dropped it onto concrete when I got out of my pick up truck"

> and will probably tell you to replace it for $350
It's only $129 for that. Wonder if it even worth it to buy screen and all the needed tools to replace it yourself.

jailbreak it with the openssh bundle, ssh in over usb using iproxy and use apt to install veency, set a password in the plist file and restart the springboard, then vnc in to set up wifi. Apt-get install lighttpd and php-cgi and you've got yourself a new webserver

So the phone was owned by my friend who works for comcast. Well after getting it all setup, it's asking me for Comcast Cable Communications credentials to log in.

Friend isn't willing to give me his login info, which I understand.

Any way around this?

probably not without having your buddy log into that, once he does though he might have an option to completely remove the comcast portion from the phone and have it be a customer phone.

any chance I could call Comcast customer service?

Give it back Jamal

Tyrone back it, give.

give it back Martin Luther

Give it back, Debian.

So I'm guessing that's a no

Dropped it while running away from the cop Jamal?

I bet you're a real piece of shit.

IT

to me :^)