Ryzen 3 Early Benchmarks

R3 1300X is expected to cost $120-130. i5-7500 has an MSRP of $190-$200. And keep in mind, this is at stock. Ryzen 3 can OC and do even better.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7500/3930vs3648

Ryzen 3 1200 is expected to cost $100-$110. Currently the cheapest you can buy the G4560 for is $80. Again, keep in mind that you can OC the Ryzen 3 CPU.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-Intel-Pentium-G4560/3931vs3892

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-Intel-Core-i3-7100/3931vs3891
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X-vs-Intel-Core-i3-7350K/3930vs3889
s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_downloads/cpu_price/Jul_14_17_Recommended_Customer_Price_List.pdf
ark.intel.com/products/97527/Intel-Core-i3-7350K-Processor-4M-Cache-4_20-GHz
youtube.com/watch?v=1tCqwk4N36c
youtu.be/2YLi4OlkhLs?t=3m18s
techpowerup.com/forums/threads/intel-coffee-lake-delayed-to-2018.234095/
anandtech.com/show/11464/intel-announces-skylakex-bringing-18core-hcc-silicon-to-consumers-for-1999/3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

INTEL IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
HOW WILL HEBREWS EVER RECOVER?

>Not comparing them with the i3s
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-Intel-Core-i3-7100/3931vs3891
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X-vs-Intel-Core-i3-7350K/3930vs3889

They are good but nothing revolutionary.

i3-7350K is an absolute joke. $170-$180 for an OC-able dual core, lol. Nobody even bought that shit, and for good reason.

The 7350K is much more expensive than either. It's a gag chip.

keep also in mind that for a budget PC the Ryzen still needs a dedicated GPU.

That i3 is fucking garbage.

It's $168 officially.
s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_downloads/cpu_price/Jul_14_17_Recommended_Customer_Price_List.pdf

This is true, the Intel CPUs are still best if you're doing little to no gaming, but it's a better deal if you can use the extra cash you save to squeeze in a better GPU.

I was going by what's listed on Intel ARK. ark.intel.com/products/97527/Intel-Core-i3-7350K-Processor-4M-Cache-4_20-GHz

>ryzen has slightly better single core perf

NO NO NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

This has always been the case, though. The only Intel CPUs with any significant single core advantage are the Skylake/Kabylake K-series.

Pick your poison:

Ryzen 3 1200/1300X - $109/129
Decent B350 mobo - $80
OC to 3.6GHz on stock cooler - janitor's pay
Upgrade to Zen 2 in 2019 or Zen 3 in 2021

vs

G4560 - $80+ street price
B250 mobo - $80
No OC
Upgradable to Coffee Lake, Cannon Lake unlikely

vs

Hypothetical Coffee Lake i3 4c/4t - ~$120
Hypothetical B350 mobo - $80
No OC XD
Should be able to upgrade to Cannon Lake in 2019, no chance for Ice Lake
Will only launch Feb '18 earliest

>Upgradable to Coffee Lake
[Citation Needed]

>OC to 3.6GHz on stock cooler - janitor's pay
If people can do 3.7 on a 1700 on the stock cooler they sure as fuck can hit 3.9/4.0 on a 4 core without SMT

> Hypothetical Coffee Lake i3 4c/4t - ~$120
> ~$120
Top kek

>Will only launch Feb '18 earliest
It's going to be way later than that, they launch the flagship stuff first. The lower end shit comes later.

Its the same cooler for both right?

no, the cooler for the r5 1400 and for the r3s is smaller than the 1500x, 1600, 1700 cooler

Ah fuck, how much weaker is it?

I don't know, it's shorter and I think it doesn't have the copper core

youtube.com/watch?v=1tCqwk4N36c

Yet it still can't run hackintosh. What's the point?

youtu.be/2YLi4OlkhLs?t=3m18s

>implying the cooler will be as good
>implying the the R3 won't be the lowest bin

>Giving a shit about hackintosh
>Lying on the internet

About a 4K difference under full load

Would have been good for emulation imo while also being good enough for modern games and not costing as much as a non overclockable i5 with worse single core performance, because emulation.

>implying they'll be binning on clock speeds and not CCXs

Just because it has dead cores doesn't mean the working cores are shit. The 1300X should be able to OC quite a bit.

Only about 3-5C difference, I thought it was gonna be far worse.

Flagship Sep '17, lower end shit Feb '18

Let's be honest here. 7700K launched this February. You really think they're gonna rush Coffee Lake S out the door this early?

>X-series
>12c at most
kek, when will we get the 14, 16 and 18 core ones?

This came after that roadmap.

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/intel-coffee-lake-delayed-to-2018.234095/

How?

Depends on whether intel can give them decent clocks without setting the socket on fire or overwhelming even CLC coolers at stock.

Knowing how crap the existing X299 chips are, thats fucking unlikely as hell.

>12c/12t
osx is really dumb

It can run hackintosh, but like every AMD proc, it's harder than using intel proc.

>is expected to cost

Make a new thread when you have actual info.

you could get some used shit for under 20$ and still be ahead of the game.

Kaby Lake Refresh is for mobile, no? Also,
>wccftech

The key word is RUSHED. Thanks to Ryzen

>Intel’s new Coffee Lake family of 6 and 4 core CPUs has reportedly been delayed to February of 2018. The news comes courtesy of the latest desktop roadmap which the company had presented to partners at Computex according to WinFuture.de via Golem.de.
> The news comes courtesy of the latest desktop roadmap which the company had presented to partners at Computex according to WinFuture.de via Golem.de.

Makes more sense considering we've seen nothing of the new moterboards yet, not even packaging

They're already down to a 2.9GHz base clock on the 12-core part. Expect a rapid 800MHz for the 18-core. Nobody will EVER need to break the 1GHz barrier.

16core is 2.5ghz base.

Xeons are always cream of the crop voltage bins, don't expect HEDT to have that.
There's a issue of TDP too, HEDT and Xeon 16 cores don't have the same TDP, though TDP for Skylake-X is practically useless as some kind of power measure.

If they need to keep it under 140 watts for X299 motherboards, it might be under 2 GHz for real.

>33K multi core
kek, the 1700 gets 24K at stock speeds

Yeah, TDP is more of a suggestion with X299.

Geekbench is fucking terrible with high core chips, I wouldn't think much of it.

Gauging the 16 core performance is not gonna be as difficult as gauging threadrippers performance, basically some 30-40% faster than the 10 core.

it's actually 165W max, but as you can see, it has to contend with those anemic clockspeeds

if they go with toothpaste the clocks will be even lower

winfuture.de
>KBL refresh (U-series) is coming this September guys

golem.de
>same thing
>actually updated the article with the roadmap saying flagship CFL-S is ~September this year

wccftech
>holy shit CFL-S is delayed gais

I think the Mesh is using way more power than Intel expected and couldn't fix it besides delaying the already late EP launch.

L2 caches are huge and power hungry, and each one is being snooped, meaning all the L2 caches are probably far from being power gated, which leads to hell on earth.

Good concept but not a good implementation, Intel has work to do, Charlie also said that the next year Skylake-EP refresh is basically what Skylake-EP will be unfucked.

>30-40% faster

That would put it on par with TR 16 core, which is not going to happen with those clockspeeds. I would guess 25-30% is more accurate.

2186*1.25=2732
2186*1.3=2842
2186*1.4=3060

Next year SKL-SP, being Cascade Lake will simply bring absent features like Apache Pass support.

>Charlie also said that the next year Skylake-EP refresh is basically what Skylake-EP will be unfucked.
Lower TDP? Higher clocks? Both?

That's just cinnebench, performance will vary differently per application.

if intel keeps behaving like that, new socket

Well, first things is first, lowering uncore power draw.
Secondly bring in new features.
Thirdly higher clocks (""14nm++"")

Only happens if you use AMD.

Is Intel gonna fight Zen2 with 48 cores that's gonna release a quarter later with higher clocked skylake-EP? Lmao

I'll be interested in Ryzen if they'd fix the gaming performance

Ryzen APUs will eventually fill that void. These chips are designed for dedicated GPU (or server) builds.

>lowering uncore power draw.
Easier said, than done.

*zen2 with 48 cores and increased clockspeeds

It is if you're a hackintosh retard

Already did that long ago

Most games that had major performance issues on Ryzen have been patched months ago.

It's currently fucked, there's ways of unfucking it besides JUSTWAIT for 10nm

Mesh in XeonPhi's wasn't so power hungry for starters.

Rome is sometimes in 2019, at least half a year later than Cascade Lake.

Mesh in KNL did not have to deal with fuckretarded amounts of traffic due to HUEG Bulldozer-sized L2 caches.

>here are some cherrypicked benchmarks
Thanks AMD

You don't know when either releases.

Logic and AMD's usual release cadence says there's a refresh in June 2018, but AMD is skipping that, when is Rome hitting then? Q4 2018? Q1 2019? Q2?

When is Cascade Lake? How do you know it's not gonna be released in Q4?

Does anyone here have Charlie's good goy account?
I want to know SKL-SP die sizes.

Sorry, I'm just a simple poorfag with a i5 3570k

>Th-those games d-don't count! Only Far Cry: P-P-Primal counts!!! AMD BTFO!!!!!

Because Apple licks Intels Asshole.

Ryzen Pro, when?

I mean given the pricing of Platinum Xeons, the die size for XCC is XBAWKS HUEG and yields are probably in single digit percentages.

Until Apple makes heir own chips :>

There is nothing wrong with the gaming performance.

NO
SHUT UP
PLEASE SHUT UP

what are the ISA extensions?

Same as R7 and R5

When will R3 be out in Europe?

where are the dual cores? I don't need more than 2 cores.2 cores 4 life

R3 1200 or i3 7100 ?
The first is a quadcore, the latter has slightly better single core performances

How about you get a laptop or go back to the last century, corelet

>2 vs 4 cores

You can overclock the 7100 and get better single threaded performance and 2 more cores.

>cores are all that I have going for me

don't you mean R3 1200?

YES

>she can't overclock his core count

?

>Mesh
>L2 size

You do realize that l2 is core exclusive?

R3 1200 because I don't want a locked cuck cpu.

>Cores will snoop other cores’ L2 to find updated data with the DRAM as a backup (which may be out of date).

anandtech.com/show/11464/intel-announces-skylakex-bringing-18core-hcc-silicon-to-consumers-for-1999/3

Damn good times for budged people. If Intel ain't retarded they gonna price their 4c/4t i3's around the same price as the Ryzen 3s.
Such a shame that GPU's are so fucking expensive right now and one has to settle for a 1050ti/rx560.

So a question... which would be a better choice?:

To get a Ryzen 1400 and a RX 560 4G? Or to get a Ryzen 1300/1200 CPU and a 570/480/470 GPU?

>R3 1300X is expected to cost $120-130. i5-7500 has an MSRP of $190-$200. And keep in mind, this is at stock. Ryzen 3 can OC and do even better.

I'm pretty sure no amount of overclocking will bring the price down.