IPhone vs Android

I'm debating on which next gen phone to get. Please help.

What are you looking for in a mobile device?

OP here
I enjoy all the functions of an Android.
My friend is debating for the social aspect.

iphone if you care about security, don't want to waste your life away on maintaining your phone yourself and if you want warranty and excellent apps. oh, and there's that green bubble issue that iphone solves... important if you're dating or work at a place with lots of iphones.

android if you're poor and just want a simple device to make calls and send some texts.

why would anyone want android at this point? sure it's got some nice features but at this point the hardware is half as slow as apple, isn't as well built, and the whole google botnet thing.

The new phones aren't built any better than comparable high-end Android phones

They're faster in benchmarks but it doesn't really mean anything in the real world. It doesn't take a lot of power to do the vast majority of what people do on a smartphone

Apple is a botnet too. Using a smartphone in general is submitting to the botnet.

Kys shills

I had a galaxy s7 and an iphone 6s. Started with the s7 but muh iphone so i bought one. Went back and forth between the 2 for a month or so. Ended up selling s7 and staying with iphone. The s7 was too much maintenance imo. Only thing i dont like about the iphone is no numbers ontop of the keyboard

Phone: iPhone if you care about yourself even to some extent.

Computer: Ubuntu 17.04 amd64

Language: Swift (open-sourced to Linux)

Women: They will notice

go test run some phones at a store

You could change the keyboard.
Get the app flesky

>android if you're poor and just want a simple device to make calls and send some texts.

I think you are talking about iToys here

All phones, even non-computer phones are botnet. It's a compromise. Use privacy conscious applications and trust that you are fine. That's all you can do at this point until we have a phone debotnetted.

Android, but get a pixel/nexus/moto, other brands arent good generally

Jesus the amount of apple shills here are gross
Get an android OP, more customizable, more options more everything, I had an apple befoe3, switched to android, don't regret a thing.

Consider the fact that my girlfriend has an iPhone and I have an Android. Although most men I know have iPhones consider that ALL girls have iPhones.

Girls are shit = iPhone a shit

My bosses iphone randomly calls people in his contacts

Who gives a fuck about the "social" aspect. Get a more functional device and stop giving a shit what other people think.

Are you like 16 or something? And any "woman" who cares about such shallow shit isn't worth your time, trust me.

>social aspect

What does that even mean? Android has all the social applications that iOS has. I as an iPhone user do not understand what you're talking about. If its iMessage, well, it doesn't matter much, even my majority iPhone using friends just use WhatsApp.

Why are people so obsessed with iMessage anyways?

Get an Android.
t. Droid turbo 2 since December 2015.

Got myself an chinkphone android, cos poorfag and i hate apple for being expensive for no reason. Last phone was an iphone 4s, currently using a redmi note 4x. Best phone ive had. I dont play games though. 2 days and 16 hours since I last full charged.

it's BBM for iPhone

They don't know anything else

>no 'last seen'/'last active' shit
>controls for mute/Do Not Disturb on individual basis
>controls for read receipts on individual basis
>no bloat statuses or profile pictures or other pointless information
>simple and clean
>sends full quality media with no compression, can be turned off also
>synchronized messages over all Apple products
>carry on conversations from any Apple device and have shit synced
>after iOS 11 you'll be able to send people payments straight from iMessage using Apple Pay

Its pretty fucking nice, but still, if you're uncertain in the first place in regards to having this or an Android device, then I don't know. These are very nice features but I don't know if the purchase decision hinges on them alone only. OP is a fucking idiot, the iPhone vs Android question is 100% personal preference and nobody can answer it other than himself. If he has other Apple products, that makes it easier. Although, most macfags I know use Android phones, and the iPhone users I know use Windows. Still, going full Apple ecosystem is glorious, MacBook/iMac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, Apple TV, Apple Home, especially with shit like HomeKit.

It's the best messenger, but most importantly it's the default and combines SMS+IM. Why, unless necessary, would you use something else that you have to download and set up?

I literally use an iPhone 7 myself, it's just that people always have such shit reasons for why iOS is better than android.

Please don't get an iPhone. I really don't think apple deserves all the money they bleed from uneducated users

You're right.

But Google doesn't deserve all the money they bleed from spying on their users and selling their data either.

The inferior companies with their shit phones and OS's have fooled you into thinking that you are smarter than anyone for having to customize the shit out of them, play with registry settings, pimp the security and many other disgusting and time wasting things when in fact an Operating System should work perfectly right from the start.

When you're a child, then yes, you might want to dabble into these shit OS's like Windows and Android, just to exercise your curiosity, but if you are a grown ass human being, then you want a reliable, mature OS that gets shit done without your constant intervention, one that allows you to be efficient and start working ASAP!

This is where Apple shines.

Its a catch 69. Still fuck apple. Can't you root android though and get rid of that Google shit?

Great sales pitch. Equate apple users too mature adults that actually have important shit to worry about in life to get losers to buy your product and feel better about themselves. People are so pathetic

Trips confirm it's a good phone

>The s7 was too much maintenance imo.

Elaborate, what maintenance

>this post
Actual cancer.

>The inferior companies with their shit phones and OS's have fooled you into thinking that you are smarter than anyone for having to customize the shit out of them, play with registry settings, pimp the security and many other disgusting and time wasting things when in fact an Operating System should work perfectly right from the start.
And Android does work from the start. Anyone who isn't an actual retard should know how to use Android with no issues. So please "enlighten" me on how being able to customize your phone to your exact needs is "disgusting" and get back on me with that.
>When you're a child, then yes, you might want to dabble into these shit OS's like Windows and Android, just to exercise your curiosity, but if you are a grown ass human being, then you want a reliable, mature OS that gets shit done without your constant intervention, one that allows you to be efficient and start working ASAP!
Now this part is funny, considering iOS/iPhone is literally marketed to the technologically inept, i.e. old people who want something that "just werks" or teenagers who only use Snapchat and Instagram. Also, it's funny how say you have to "maintain" Android. If so, you must be retarded enough to not know how to keep your phone clean, and you'd probably be better off on something like iOS.

1.) Never ask Sup Forums for technological advice, are you insane?
2.) iPhone if you (a) already have some Apple products laying around and (b) want a phone that 'just werks' and gets out of your way. Android if you want a super customizable phone that you have to sit around and toy with all day to optimize, and also if you prefer Google's ecosystem better than Apple's, which is understandable.
Neither is objectively better than the other; it's just a matter of taste.

Oh, and iPhone if you plan on texting a lot. iMessage is really nice and Android still doesn't seem to have a genuine equivalent to it.