Move to FreeBSD right now

Daily reminder once Linus dies your kernel will be more infected than it is right now. Daily reminder little by little Red Hat and Debian are introducing very suspicious stuff to the code.
daily reminder the kernel will have thousands of lines of bloatware code that will never be removed
Move to FreeBSD or TempleOS right now.
Not even Gentoo will be safe

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/Linux-Linus-Torvalds-kernel-too-complex-code,14495.html
techie-buzz.com/foss/linux-kernel-double-size-three-years.html
rako.com/Suffer/36.html
theregister.co.uk/2016/10/05/linus_torvalds_admits_buggy_crap_made_it_into_linux_48/
blog.eset.ie/2014/03/18/operation-windigo-malware-used-to-attack-over-500000-computers-daily-after-25000-unix-servers-hijacked-by-backdoor-trojan/
zdnet.com/article/linus-torvalds-and-others-on-linuxs-systemd/
soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=14/12/21/0145243
bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=74589
www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IT13697
ewontfix.com/14/
hackaday.com/2016/02/22/linux-mint-hacked-briefly-bad-isos-compromised-forum/
blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3001
lwn.net/Articles/705220/
marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=136482823110105&w=2
tedunangst.com/flak/post/ZFS-on-OpenBSD
youtube.com/watch?v=fkkDvKGcNSo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#List_of_operating_systems_supporting_ZFS
freebeacon.com/issues/minnesota-schools-adopt-transgender-toolkit-kindergartners/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll wait about a week until release 11.1 comes out and try it again.

It's like looking at a bunch of underachieving neckbeard virgins, except these are female armpitbeard versions.

Move now before it's too late

techie-buzz.com/foss/linux-kernel-double-size-three-years.html
rako.com/Suffer/36.html

>Red Hat and Debian are introducing very suspicious stuff to the code.
>Debian

Like what?

#OppressedSquad

red hat pay a lot of coders to modify the kernel
they claim they are''fixing'' it but it's impossible to track since they make so many modifications

They modify a lot of other software too which Debian incorporates in their distro.

Please share this:

theregister.co.uk/2016/10/05/linus_torvalds_admits_buggy_crap_made_it_into_linux_48/
blog.eset.ie/2014/03/18/operation-windigo-malware-used-to-attack-over-500000-computers-daily-after-25000-unix-servers-hijacked-by-backdoor-trojan/

Daily reminder once Linus dies no one will bother to remove shit code and malware from the kernel
Daily reminder Stallman can't be trusted with his shit GPL policy
Daily reminder Ubuntu introduced adware and spyware in 14.04 LTS and they will do it again in the future
Daily reminder Linux Mint team ''forgot'' to secure the servers and exposed the password of all of its users

But what suspicious stuff are they adding to code? I'm sure you can name at least a few examples, right?

>the state of BSDfags

I can
92% of systemd modifications were written by red hat employees.
No one ever look at the code. Even Linus admitted systemd fix some issues but it will be bloatware in the very future
zdnet.com/article/linus-torvalds-and-others-on-linuxs-systemd/

The german leftist retard who wrote systemd can't be trusted. He is very hysterical and emotional when it comes to dealing with security

>Linux Mint team ''forgot'' to secure the servers and exposed the password of all of its users
Passwords to what?

They're called legbeards, newshit.

But what suspicious stuff is Debian introducing to the code, like OP claimed?

For gods sake, this is why Linux will always be a fucking catastrophe. Windows will be one in the same manner. Looks like macOS hackintosh is the only sensible thing to do.

all users passwords were exposed
Obviously it's a lie.You don't store the password of 25,000+ users in a very amateur servers.

>But what suspicious
>dude I am just pretending I want information but I really want to claim Ubuntu is totally safe and you shouldn't worry about the kernel
>I mean are you a nerd? hahaha
fuck off

OP was talking about the kernel, do you retards default to systemd bashing every time you're cornered?

Systemd: backed by Redhat and promoted by Debian

soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=14/12/21/0145243
bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=74589
www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IT13697

TL;DR: ewontfix.com/14/

User passwords to linux mint, because I don't remember having to make an account, or give them passwords to anything ever.

the same people that write and modify systemd garbage also contribute to the kernel you stupid whore

hackaday.com/2016/02/22/linux-mint-hacked-briefly-bad-isos-compromised-forum/
blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3001

>As far as the forum compromise, the breech netted usernames, emails, and encrypted passwords, as well as personal information that forum users may have entered in signatures or private messages.

But what are their suspicious contributions? I'm sure you can name them.

>it's impossible to track
You could, you know, read the source code. This is not guaranteed to be possible in future versions of FreeBSD or TempleOS.

you look like those /r/atheism fedora fags

Can't you name these suspicious contributions? What a shame.

>This is not guaranteed to be possible in future versions of FreeBSD
The sad state of Sup Forums

Don't laugh at me, but i've been using Haiku as my daily driver for about a week now, and it's really good. I wish more people would use it so that more software gets ported to it, but as it is it handles my usage well. Always get the nightly, though.

Why don't you post your desktop? Maybe because it's w10? :^)

>We are also proud that many of the top kernel developers recognized in both write-ups are Red Hat employees
as I said, once Linus dies no one will bother to remove the crap Red Hat introduces.
Also the kernel as of today is impossible to audit. It's not a total mess thanks to Linus that tries to keep it slightly stable
Still the kernel is far from stable and today people are moving to upstream because the stable version is so buggy it's not even worth using for a long time

Asking for evidence for stupid claims is being a fedora now?

>being this desperate to get another (you)
there you go. it's free

>moving to upstream because the stable version is so buggy it's not even worth using for a long time
wtf are you up to? Lts vanilla kernels are stable af. Nobody forced to use red patches though.

>Lts vanilla kernels are stable af
>he doesn't know
Yes sure, just wait a few years until they start to introduce nvidia and amd spyware code there

Nobody will take your FUD seriously this way. Try harder or go back to Mumbai.

>tells people to use templeos in the op
>people take him seriously

wew

>he is so hard defending Red Hat kernel that he is claiming I am the pajeet
Don't you take your meds on sunday?
lwn.net/Articles/705220/

>Temple OS code
>not totally free of bloatware
>b-but
:)

No. Install Haiku OS.

so funny XD

TempleOS is totally open source contrary to popular myth spread by Sup Forums 16 year old retards
the website is down right now but everyone can find the code there later

Unrelated.

>he thinks the updates that lead to a stable release is unrelated
(You)

So Terry Nigger is part of the botnet.

>61526824
>he thinks patches only backported by RH

Worst thread of the day.

>61526858
>after trying to get so many (you) people didn't fall for my baits

There is one retard in this thread

>Claims updates are unrelated to the kernel
>Gets called out
>reacts like a hysterical prostitute

Sup Forums was a mistake

If you have a problem with the local kernel. Use another kernel. Openbsdk is available, so is hurd and open Solaris. I think there is another Mach one available as well.

What updates retard?

Thin skinned retard who can't read even what he links.

>freebsd
run openbsd you dumb nigger

these retards don't even know what a kernel is

>no adblock
>using shit wallpaper
I honestly hope you are not this retarded

Reasoning is your weak point.

I hope you are pretending to be retarded.

Crappy scheduler and slow filesystem.
Also sndio have shitty output and barely supported by anything.

adblock was not installed at the time of this install, it is now : )
bliss is great, i love it with the windows nt era GTK theme KDE uses, super ironic 2

sacrificing slight speed for the some of the best secrurity around, shit argument, but it is your opinion and i cannot fault you on it.

ZFS is great, both my file server and desktop have run it for years and I have not had any issues, fast enough for me...

>sndio
works with my mobo audio, why should i care?

>slight speed
My scripts was 4 times slower on it than on obango.
ZFS isn't available for openbsd.

marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=136482823110105&w=2

please don't argue about things you have no experience in, you make yourself look retarded.

>my scripts

That's an April Fools joke you fucking retard.

>please don't argue about things you have no experience in, you make yourself look retarded.

april fools joke fully coded and running on my computer...

i am active in the mailing group and have spoken to theo personally... i even have a amd64 port for the link i posted str8 from developer.

Ffs is the default. I have yet to see someone with openbsd using ZFS. Feel free to show yours :)

>Move to FreeBSD or TempleOS right now.
because those two operating systems are so similar

Here is Ted Unangst's blog post about it the very next day, explaining why OpenBSD doesn't have ZFS:

tedunangst.com/flak/post/ZFS-on-OpenBSD

tfw lose argumant

youtube.com/watch?v=fkkDvKGcNSo

Free of bloatware and bad code.
Not that linux is garbage.. there is a decent Linux distro called Arch and Devuan.. the problem is that their distro is heavily based on whatever red hat writes on the kernel

I'd go with TrueOS if you are a new user

imright and your wrong, simple as that

>I was merely pretending

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#List_of_operating_systems_supporting_ZFS

>wikipedia

fuck off troll

seriously though, no openbsd does not support ZFS

why should it? the link you posted above explains why the stock filesystem is good enough.

Where are the examples faggot?

did you mean to quote me? because what youre saying has nothing to do with the fact that the op recommended two vastly different operating systems as alternatives to linux.

one is a decent, tested OS... and the other is a hobbyist project.

you don't know what youre talking about if youre suggesting those operating systems as both viable alternatives for linux users.

It goes like this

Linus > BSD > Terry A. Davis

The problem is once Linus dies Linux will become worse than windows

N?

>TrueOS
>Devuan
>not easy and user friendly as Mint
you are the problem with modern society

honestly templeos is a solid OS with a ton of shitty religous addons
i highly doubt it would be usable for a desktop user, but it would run pretty nicely on embedded devices if it were coded in that direction and minimal.

: ((
no spellchecker on openbsd
:^)

Butthurt faggot.

>butthurt
i would be if i had a bf : (

>Minnesota Schools Adopt Transgender Toolkit for Kindergartners

freebeacon.com/issues/minnesota-schools-adopt-transgender-toolkit-kindergartners/

>virgins
I'm sure they've munched each others' carpets.

Systemd is good, you 90 year old man stuck in his ways.

>inb4 berated by autists.

this is what a shill looks like

"First they came for the init . . . "

BSD is useless as a desktop operating system.
Who's paying you to shill this garbage?
Because nobody in their right mind would do it for free.

what do you shitheads think about midori?
xD

Is that toilet paper?

Why? Give me a legitimate reason?

If you claim security, let me refute you right away:

pledge is a system call wrapper and therefore suffers from many forms of attacks, such as time-of-check-to-time-of-use, allowing you to bypass pledge. Additionally, even the OpenBSD man page claims that they hope the executed program will be pledged, as you're out of the sandbox the moment you exec.

Furthermore, ASLR (or ASR in OpenBSD) is pretty shitty, and besides, the smallest information leak can de-randomize the entire space.

KARL is a retarded thing because you have enough leaks in your kernel to actually not even care about KARL.

You have absolutely no notion of any sort of mandatory access control, and claiming that it's somehow bad speaks margins about the knowledge OpenBSD folks have in security.

LibreSSL claims to be more secure with 0 proof that it actually is (muh CVE numbers, hint, it doesn't mean it's more secure).

W^X is not strict, i.e., i can mmap() a page twice, once write, once exec and get W|X. Doesn't really save you. Furthermore, page aliasing is a problem here because it's a on a page-wide basis, not on a pointer-wide basis. NOEXEC suffers from this problem as well.

On top of that, OpenBSD forks almost every utility out there and has to maintain it with less manpower than the upstream, then claims it's more secure without anyone actually testing it properly outside of the said people who call it secure.

And with all that, OpenBSD's excuse for an outright awful system (filesystem, scheduler, netstack (starving modern NICs of buffers because your SMP sucks, wow...)) is the very thing I've just ranted on: security.

TL;DR: There is literally no reason to use this god awful system, stay away from it if you care about security or if you care about any form of usefulness from your system.

>suspicious stuff
Wtf does that mean?
Can't you guys just audit open source software easily?
I'm not a programmer so I'm asking seriously.

I'm already using it.

The smell in that room must be unbearable

Typical bullshit you'll hear desu. There is nothing questionable being added, it's just gigantic and not well thought out. You can audit the source code, the problem with it is that it's in the kernel and therefore difficult to actually test/fuzz/asan/tsan and so on, so it's kind of difficult to find bugs/exploits. I'm not excluding that someone's leaving in a vuln with malicious intents, but it's likely not Red Hat and Debian.

People have been saying this for all *nix systems since NT, it wasen't true then, it sure as hell isn't true now.
>SunOS, on a workstation?!
>Linux, on a workstation?!
et al.
The software has only gotten more standard and more widespread. Even on the most esoteric hardware you can probably get pkg-src to run on it and install a graphical environment that's suitable for daily tasks, this is like the worst possible scenario and it's still fine.

i appreciate the write-up debating to switch
is freebsd safer?
i am paranoid t b h

show us the exploits then

>female

I'm defining the bullshit bulleted list fallacy. you touch on a list of buzzwords briefly, in succession, so it makes you look like you know what you're talking about when really you don't

>kernel
>systemd
please pick one