I was thinking about installing Arch or Gentoo on my X220 but then I remembered void. Why should I use Void Linux?

I was thinking about installing Arch or Gentoo on my X220 but then I remembered void. Why should I use Void Linux?

install gentoo.

Cause you don't like systemD

>Why should I use Void Linux?
Exactly!

Currently running void on my x220, was running arch before. It's lightning quick and you avoid systemd. Also you don't have to worry about pacman -Syu fucking your whole system. It just werks

Okay sounds good, probably going to check it out.

Why don't you try it and form your own opinion?

t: Luke "The Messiah" Smith

But cant you switch from systemD while still using arch?

hi luke

hi luke

hi luke

Stfu Luke Smith fags

hi luke

You shouldn't. There are a gorillion other more matured distros out there that do what Void currently does better and with larger contributors and communities. The only reason that Void, and other 'literally who' distros are even mentioned here are exactly because they're esoteric. Hipsters gotta hip, and if Void ever becomes large and/or popular they'll drop it and move on to the next distro "you've probably never heard of" within the week.

Luke, please

You shouldn't, you should install Solus.

Which more mature do what void does

Make more vids

hi luke

biggest bleeding edgelord distro that uses a quick init system

It's a real pain in the ass.

>mfw i'm a big enough guy that people pretend to be me on Sup Forums

nigga we made it

Anyway, while I'm here: Currently running void on my x220, was running arch before. It's lightning quick and you avoid systemd. Also you don't have to worry about pacman -Syu fucking your whole system. It just werks

How so? It's easier to install than Arch. A bit of searching can help you solve common issues

Easy to install
No systemd
Easy maintenance
Fast
A true minimal distro

Don't do it. Sleep works but resume results in the screen not turning on. Wait for it to be fixed if you want to use it. This applies to 420/230/430. Good luck.

Me on the right

you shouldn't

it's not called void for no reason

the guy that created it was not very happy he spent years(?) making the package manager - it was in the wiki or something

t. systemd cuck

t. autist