I'll start
>(((Japanese Capacitors)))

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YKK
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
twitter.com/AnonBabble

American everything

chinkpads

Jap caps are still better than chink ones. Might as well put the best caps you can into something since they are usually the things that die first.

Still think obnoxious heat spreaders on ram is the biggest meme since we haven't needed them since DDR3 even the high clocked shit

More than one monitor is a meme. You can only look at one place at once

Dual monitors are nice since you don't have to keep minimizing and maximizing windows when looking at something.
2bh, it would work best in an office setting where someone would be copping data into a spread sheet or something, but gaymers seem to have a hard-on for it.

It saves not having to alt tab
Or if you're editing something and need to look at some reference
Saying one monitor is enough is stupid

Japan produce most capacitors,begin good quality but don't begin exotics or best world quality.

Like YKK biggest zipper maker but jeans don't say japaneses zipper

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YKK

heat spreaders on RAM
mechanical keyboards
gaymur anything including mice
144Hz and memesync
herman miller or whatever chairs
noctua fans

The Japanese capacitor meme USED to have meaning 10-15 years ago when chink caps were complete shit and bulged after a year, but today it's just marketing. Even JonnyGuru has stopped deducting points in CPU reviews for "lesser" chink caps, since they're all of a good standard these days.

op was too young to remember the Troubles

Fuck you OP, I hope your chinese chink capacitors blow.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

made in usa

144hz meme, good look getting all your games running at that speed, let alone actual new games that are me demanding, also some games are capped at 60 fps.

t. guy who doesn't have a job
Separate physical monitors are good for organization. You can have multiple applications in full screen at the same time in their intended viewing size.
Even when arguing for widescreen monitors, most applications are designed to be used in full screen on one monitor--good luck getting that to interact well on a widescreen.

Multiple separate monitors are just a superior way of doing things, for both context switching and keeping application design in mind.

what? you want burger capacitors or something?

Are you talking about electrolytics or polymers? I know for sure he doesn't deduct chink polymers, but last I checked which admittedly was a while ago chink electrolytic caps were still low tier.

you mean designed in usa?

iTX form factor

RGB RAM
And heat spreaders that stick up over the top of the RAM stick

>High reliability Japanese capacitors? You know, after my long rant from that Corsair review last week, I am starting to think differently about capacitor quality. You could say my eyes have been opened to a stark realization... the bad old days of capacitors dropping dead left and right are mostly over, except for the "off the back of a white van," brands that are as awful as ever. No longer are the Japanese parts the only good parts in the universe, and they're now often made near the Chinese parts we've been bashing left and right since capacitorgate was a thing fifteen years ago.
>Think about that number. Seriously. Fifteen years is a boatload of time... longer than the lifespan of most electrolytic capacitors, regardless of whose factory they came out of. The big Chinese names have had time now to iron the wrinkles out, and technology has improved. The whole thing started with a formula that got copied down wrong, and that formula likely hasn't been used in ages by the major Chinese brands. Ltec, Teapo, OST, Capxon... when was the last time any of you saw one of these fail? Wait, let me answer that. The last ones I saw failed were the OSTs on one of my Asrock 939Dual-VSTA motherboards. Those came out in 2005. Ten years ago, when I was just getting into my thirties. Folks, you don't stay in business by not addressing issues like this.
>No, I think for at least the past five years I've been unnecessarily harsh on the Chinese capacitors. My scoring on them is going to change starting today. I'll likely start looking at them like I do fans... if what I see is decent, no scoring penalty. If what I see, however, is obviously cheap crap; that's when I score.

That's only polymer, and Jap electrolytics are still objectively superior. Nobody has anything that holds a candle to high end Panasonic or Rubycon lines spec-wise, and their GP caps are older than most two or three chink companies put together.

>paying through the nose for a PSU

Yea I don't agree with that. It's not that the capacitors spew their guts in a few years like they did on those old boards which was the case with capacitor plague, but in my experience Chinese capacitors have lower lifespans. They lose capacitance in a few years and eventually (maybe in 5 years, maybe in 10) the power supply will start malfunctioning.

It's not really a big deal if you get Chinese caps on your 50 dollar PSU, but if I see them in my 200 dollar PSU I'm gonna be not too happy about it.

> be jonnyguru
> unemployed after bfg implosion
> get a job with (((corsair)))
> (((corsair))) starts putting chinkshit caps in $100+ power supplies
> jonnyguru.com says chinkshit caps are acceptable now

Seems legit.

>Yea I don't agree with that

That's fine, but I'll take OklahomaWolf's word over yours any day, friend. His reputation and track record speak for themselves. You're free to do as you wish of course.

I don't care whose word you take. I'm not gonna buy high end power supplies with cheap capacitors even if the guy working for Corsair says it's okay.

One monitor is for those who are tech illiterate.
Two monitors is for work.
Three monitors is for play.
4 - 16 monitors are for flight simulators.

>Sup Forums parentheses
go back.

And I don't care what PSU you choose to buy. I'm glad we've reached an understanding on this.

Also, Jeremy Schrag and Jon Gerow are two different people. But I'm sure you knew that.

Heat spreaders on RAM are useful only if you're overclocking them. Noctua fans are ugly but pretty good at what they were made to do. I agree on everything else.

Audiophile trash and expensive headphones are the biggest memes I've seen shilled on this board.

Why are you telling me that you're not gonna take my word, then? I never asked you to behave in a certain way according to my preferences. I just told you that I don't buy his argument and you went full marketing on me.

ugly doesn't matter, it's inside your fucking case
but they're just too expensive
I can find fans that do just as good for less money

Not an argument.

Ultrawide

>le memeneux memes
fuck off back to your containment board, turd

The idea that "audiophiles" even exist is a meme. Same with MUH GOLDEN EARS.

I think you're probably an escaped resident of said containment board yourself, given how you seem to know exactly what he's talking about.

>t. A guy who doesn't think outside the bun

Stop sitting so close to your monitors

You replied to my post telling me that you don't agree with what he wrote. I told you in response that the opinion of some random anonymous holds no value to me. Perhaps you could quote the part where I went "full marketing" and tried to sell you something, because I distinctly remember saying that I don't care at all what you spend your money on.

Sup Forums users spam parenthesis around any word they don't like. It's not a big secret.

GNU/Linux

>le corsair boogeyman

Corsair are one of the fucking companies that advertises the JapCap meme hard to make their products seem more valuable. Why the fuck would they, of all companies, want you to know that chink caps are fine after spending so much time trying to convince you that you need PREMIUM JAPANESE CAPCITOR 1000% LONGER LIFESPAN BUY TODAY?

Give me Phaedrus2129 over OklahomaWolf. Shame he's an eVGA shill now, but at least the knowledge is being put to use somewhere.

Chink Rubycon caps specifically are great and durable.
Now shit like capxon, those just die.

>Also, Jeremy Schrag and Jon Gerow are two different people
If you spend any time there at all you notice the two are total buttbuddies. Maybe if he went off and started writing for okwolf.com I'd take his opinion on Corsair products seriously, but the way he insinuates himself with Jon makes his objectivity on the matter really, really questionable.

They post their shitty memes everywhere. It doesn't take a cryptologist to check sources.

seasonic is pretty affordable.

Because they know their brand is so valuable now they can just shit in a box and charge $60 for it.

This

Single greatest productivity booster at my office

manual defrag

Why did you feel it necessary to tell me that my opinion holds no value to you?
First of all, I know this already. And secondly, you have no reason to believe I give a shit about your opinion any more than you give a shit about mine.
I asked you for information, you provided it - which I am happy for. Yet instead of just shrugging off my dismissal of said information as inadequate to prove a point, you felt the need to market the credibility of the source.

Because then they can put chink caps in their 200 dollar PSUs and sell them for same price which increases their profit. Chinese capacitors are considerably cheaper.
This is why you don't have a successful business.

They can save millions of dollars by switching to Chinese capacitors, it's only a matter of whether they can get people to accept them or not. I don't know if they can. I wouldn't accept it, but I'm sure some people would.

>Linux is actually a viable operating system option beyond storage and network administration.

It isn't, stop kidding yourself.

Who are you quoting?

GAMING

>Apple is superior

There are several other applications for the linux.
It's just desktop that is not one.

It's viable for a techie.

>>(((Japanese Capacitors)))
I buy broken TVs and monitors. 95% of the time, it's bad chink caps. I always replace them with Jap caps and they always work well. I offer 1 yr warranty and I never get returns due to caps failing.

Just keep thinking that jap caps are a meme... I make money off that meme.

Not a meme , i fix electronics and they break quite often.

because they want to charge premium price for cheap chink shit?
my dear goy.

people are buying corsair cx instead of seasonic.

are those tvs japanese, corea or chink branded?

mostly Samshit and LG plus tons of ASUS, Dell etc. They're full of chink caps.

I never buy broken SONY TVs because it's usually not the caps that are fucked so it takes me long time to figure out what's wrong and a repair ends up being too expensive and I make no profit.

What the fuck are you saying. How fucking dumb are you? Stop spouting shit you heard you faggot. It's the fucking russians who use the parenthesis. Get the fuck out of here you fucking redditor

>buy a cheap psu
>caps fail spectacularly and spay electrolytic fluid all over the motherboard
>motherboard shorts out

"but muh meme jap caps"

Alienware

I like you, you've got taste

Your post is a meme. I use linux every day and I run windows on it virtually when needed. Is it not viable for me? Actually windows has some advantages for networking. Linux makes a very useful desktop for someone's personal machine. The machine that is yours that you do things for on your own time.

Your entire post embodies a meme. That is my contribution to this thread.

t. casualfag that has never experienced 120hz

>tfw can't get 30fps on my hd7770
mgsv tpp can get 60fps 1080p high to medium settings though.

AMD CPUs

those are great

MGSV is locked at 60fps by default for some reason, but can easily be uncapped by editing a text file. Physics aren't tied to FPS, so I don't know why they did it.

I think the heat spreaders are nice to have for installing the ram 2bh. Makes it easier for me at least. Though ricey heat spreaders are stupid

t. an ignorant parrot

Lol, you sound dumb. I bet you can't even touch type.

jap caps are relevant if you actually some experience and wisdom or your just older. I'm getting older and I've seen the cheap non jap caps fail far too many times. people need to get some life experience under their belt before they talk shit. You're spot on with the meme spreaders on ram or say the m.2 nvme drives. what's the fucking point?

>mechanical keyboards
this I can't agree with since I grew up when all keyboards were mechanical. they're still superior too apparently.

Are you saying expensive headphones have diminishing price to quality ratio or are you saying all headphones sound the same? When are headphones too expensive?

I mean if all you're getting is low tier Sony, Sol Republic, Skullcandy, Beats shit then you make the meme seem actually worth it unless you're getting tubes and retarded expensive "Summit-Fi" shit like HD 800/Focal Elear and Sennheiser Orpheus then that's when it's a meme.

I knew a guy that services ATMs, he was the first one to tell me about the Chinese capacitor problem. Apparently they tried to steal the recipe for the electrolyte but got it wrong and caused the whole exploding after a couple years thing.
He says it still happens because the motherboards they use in atms are the cheapest of the cheap and chinese made parts are dubious till proven otherwise

My Logitech G400 is called gaming mouse for whatever reason. I really like it, though.

>When are headphones too expensive?
Somewhere between 100 burgers and here

Someone is poor and salty and there is a difference between 144 and 60 you faggots can't argue with science.

>not having a cheap 900p TN to browse Sup Forums while you work

>poorfags

I used to service ATM's and Coinstar machines for a bit down here. It was a nice gig. I jumped ship at a tech company just before the great depression in 2007/2008. I ran the HQ data center. It was much more relaxing and no bullshit.

>chairs
I'm sitting in my office in a Herman Miller chair right now, shit's cash but too expensive.

The human eye can't see above 4fps

>he can't edit files
>his computer is THIS shit

>When are headphones too expensive
With my poor ass being around /hpg/ and talk to people that own a lot of audio shit, I'd think around $400ish USD if you just want one home pair of headphones before the cost of a decent amplifier or DAC.

American designed capacitors are low quality. Even made in America is low quality.

Massdrop is offering their own branded version of HD650 for $199 and it's fucking dirt cheap. It's all you will ever need. I'm so jealous because I'm in Canada and it becomes $350 after being raped in the ass by currency conversion and import fees. Thank god nobody here is sperging out over $200 tops.

>HD 6XX/650
>It's all you'll ever need
That's where it gets tricky. There's sound preference, comfort, open or closed back, over ear/on ear or IEM's/Earbuds (They're different things, trust me) and budget for the headphone and/or the equipment you need for them to actually sound decent. There's a lot of shit to account for if you want something good or go full "retarded consumer" mode and get big brand low tier comsumer shit like 598C's, M50X's, Sennheiser momentums and other dumb shit like that.

I'd love to see an engineering survey on the differences between Nippon Chemicon and UCC products, but I already know you're talking out of your ass.

Kemet has some stuff that looks like it might be legit too.

But you have to move the mouse to interact with the other window, so it's quicker to alt tab even if just to change window focus