Which one, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

whispersystems.org/bigbrother/
briarproject.org/how-it-works.html
briarproject.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't matter, not like I have friends that would use it with me anyway

all my friends use imessage.
also, I don't deal drugs and don't do anything bad so I have no use for either of these.

I have friends that use dumb phones, as well as friends who get their android phones turned off from time to time.

Wire cause of gif reactions.

Signal because wtf is wire

How can you be on Sup Forums and not know what Wire is?

Signal, because I really like the dark theme.

Fucking pol fags get the fuck out.

Imagine that, Sup Forums is more willing to talk about tech than Sup Forums.

matrix.org

i want v to leave

What's wrong with Silence?

Signal.

But either way, anyone who doesn't use forward-encrypted chat is a either a completely undignified cuck or is trying to fuck a girl who doesn't even know what encryption is and says only uses "the normal one."

Wire. It's a superior platform in everything.

Whatsapp because people actually use it

Telegram

Wire. I told my friends that I'm an autist and they agreed to use it. Also, I don't deal drugs, but I do buy them.

neither because botnet

pgp

>trying to fuck a girl who doesn't even know what encryption is

Wire works better with non-technical friends but Signal is arguably more secure.

This.

Both save data on their servers, which puts them into the same category as whatsapp when it comes to privacy. The only difference being that you are giving your info to other companies.

tox and xmpp solve this by distributing the ledgers. Though obviously these aren't going to be mainstream anytime soon, since xmpp requires some knowledge and tox isn't particuarly private either since most ledging is done by supernodes run by the developers.

>not using the correct logo
This
whispersystems.org/bigbrother/

Wickr is safer than signal. Signal is fucking atrocious on iphones. Doesn't even require users to have passwords.

Wire is better on paper.
>more features
>more platforms
>doesn't require a phone number

I didn't use either enough to make a definite judgement. Most of my contacts use Whatsapp.

>apps for smarthphones
>tech
Dear Dog...

Discord & telegram

A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

Rejecting streaming DRM is an ethical imperative because this streaming technology is intended to divide people and make them antisocial.

>something is objectively tech related isn't tech because I'm an autist and hate the platform it runs on
Also Wire has a native application for desktop platforms as well. Regardless go kill yourself.

>this streaming technology is intended to divide people and make them antisocial.

>let's support a tracking device with a botnet to install another botnet

>something is objectively tech related isn't tech because I'm an autist and hate the platform it runs on

>chinese botnet & swiss cheese encryption

Both are botnet and NSA honeypots

I prefer dead letter drops in in the trunks of isolated trees. I am old though

Proof or just larping as an intellectual

thoughts on briar ?

briarproject.org/how-it-works.html

>briarproject.org
Looks interesting

>xmpp
>distributed ledgers
Fucking what? That's just a federated IM protocol where your have to either trust the server or use OTR

XMPP: Conversations + self hosted ejabberd server.

>no users
>wire web app is cancer
>signal is shady

most comfy messaging system there is

>>signal is shady

how ?

Connection to Facebook I guess.

Also I fucking hate the cunt that leads the signal project.

connection to facebook? what are you on about?

at least wire has a web app that doesn't blow up RAM usage

They made the """encryption""" for whatsapp

Wire is great, too bad nobody uses it.

they open sourced their encryption and whatsapp based their encryption off theirs. whatsapp added the encrypred server-based fan out for group messages to it, if i'm not mistaken.
wire is more user friendly than signal, also a bit stabler desu.
(thank you for the yous)

(You) are welcome.

I think the signal project worked more closely with whatsapp than just open sourcing their encryption. I do remember them coming to the defense of whatsapp over some issue with their encryption. But I might be wrong.

Signal for phone numbers, Wire for non-phone numbers. I've reviewed both of them: they're both good.

There's nothing wrong with Discord for the gaming chat it's designed for - but it is monitored, and isn't end-to-end encrypted or secure in any way, so isn't even trying to be a competitor. Totally different use-case.

Apparently passed one audit but I haven't looked at the results yet.

You... they ... in typical Sup Forums style, you have no idea what you're talking about. Look. Trevor Perrin made Axolotl and Noise.

Wire, WhatsApp and Signal use the exact same damn protocol at their core. The only real differences are that Signal is open-source (but Moxie doesn't like forks using official servers and thanks to previously working with CyanogenMod which was a disaster he has a distaste for federation), Wire is partially closed-source, and WhatsApp is entirely closed-source (and paid to licence Signal's encryption code), and they have different UI semantics so for example security for re-sent messages is a little different, Wire uses usernames instead of phone numbers, and WhatsApp has like a billion users and is owned by Facebook.

You could maybe consider Matrix.org and the reference Riot implementation; its Olm implements very similar semantics, but is still a bit more rough around the edges.

What about Ring?

WhatsApp because every I know uses it, Signal for the one group I'm in to collaborate on open sauce.

put a passcode on your phone and don't give it to people

i couldn't get ring to work, i'll try again after a few updates