Is this set to be, dare I say it, the worst Olympics ever?

Is this set to be, dare I say it, the worst Olympics ever?

>Rio's horror week: Body parts wash up near Olympics beach volleyball site

>Acting governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro warned that the Games could be a "big failure" because the state is out of money.

>With Zika in mind, more than 100 prominent doctors and professors recently wrote an open letter to the WHO urging that the Olympics be moved or postponed "in the name of public health."

>A man tried to snuff out the Olympic torch by throwing a bucket of water at it.

>Not selling any tickets

>A Brazilian soldier killed a jaguar in public

What do you guys think? Will this be the flop of the century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1W_zM7koJy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes media always speaks the truth

#BTFO#SHOTSFIRED#TOLD#REKT

Don't forget the disease infected water

youtube.com/watch?v=1W_zM7koJy8

Why would they lie about this? Everything in the original post can be verified, it's factual information.

>Olympics
People still care about that?

There was a second guy that tried to put out the torch with a fire extinguisher.

Yes it is clearly factual, objective and doesn't serve a purpose or have any second intentions, it's like math, it only exists to deliver pure information to their readers/watchers

What do they mean by this?

Yes, millions of people around the world.

So you believe that there's a conspiracy going on to make Brazil look bad? Why would the WHO lie about Zika? Why would they "create" photographic evidence of body parts showing up on your beaches? Why would the Governor of RJ claim that the state was, and I quote, "broke".

What do you mean by this?

The "Conspiracy" is selling papers/getting clicks. This is obviously your first Olympics as an adult, they always print this shit about a games to get a rise out of people.
>Oh no, muh games! Spirit of peace and sportsmanship! How could they let this happen????

Not a conspiracy to make Brazil bad, but to make people give more money to means of information, even if that means blowing everything out of proportion and literally searching for things to make articles of. Most people live their daily lives normally and don't give a fuck, just like in the WC. If you think that is going to stop the Olympics or that is beyond normal daily lives you are clearly retarded m8. Next thing you will say that 60k murders a year is a reality towards every BR and we are living a civil war right now. The media literally uses the little/shallow information that people got about something to make things like it's about to implode themselves to get more views. Just see Sup Forums and their it's happening!!! thing and you will get it

They already got their bailout money.
Zika is a meme specially now in the winter when the mosquitoes are less active.
They already relocated all favela niggers close to the touristic routes and the army will be there, so there's no chance of a particularly large amount of robberies and shit.
People were freaking out before the WC 2014 too (and all other WCs and olympics) but nothing happened.

Sensationalism sells, that's all there is to it.

So you'd consider 60 thousand murders per year a triviality? Don't you think that these are serious issues that need to be addressed? Does everything boil down to sensationalism in your view?

So the WHO didn't actually put out this statement regarding Zika? And the mayor of RJ didn't claim that the city was broke? Aren't these very serious problems?

What about the body parts showing up and the fact that concerns have been raised regarding the construction of the new stadiums? Some say they won't be ready on time.

i love it! its going to be really fucking exciting

It won't be exciting when thousands of tourists get infected with that disgusting virus and have those disgusting babies back home. I really think that we should move the Olympics elsewhere, while there's still time.

>Does everything boil down to sensationalism in your view?
Yes, because it doesn't affect daily lives of BRs. People that die over that 90% are literally involved in Drug Wars m8, and they do it because they want to. People don't die here for no reason. That's why people are much more freaked out by terrorism than by murders here
>So the WHO didn't actually put out this statement regarding Zika?
Why didn't they actually put this statement regarding Ebola, or H1N1? They probably did, but what would the media get from that?
>And the mayor of RJ didn't claim that the city was broke?
OMG THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO THAT THE NEWSPAPERS CLEARLY SHOWED ME IT'S NOT LIKE THE FEDERATION GAVE THEM MORE MONEY TO HOST THE OLYMPICS BECAUSE THE MEDIA DIDN'T SAY IT TO FOREIGNERS!!!!
>Aren't these very serious problems?
SUPER SERIOUS THEY WERE IN EVERY HEADLINE THERE'S CLEARLY NO SOLUTION TOWARDS IT EVERYBODY WILL DIE
>What about the body parts showing up and the fact that concerns have been raised regarding the construction of the new stadiums? Some say they won't be ready on time.
A PERSON HAS BEEN KILLED EVERYBODY IS DANGER NOBODY IS SAFE, MARTIAL LAW IS IN EFFECT TANKS ARE ON THE MOVE, ALSO STADIUMS WON'T NEVER BE READY ALSO SOME PEOPLE SAY WW3 IS COMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHITE RACE IS DED

>And the mayor of RJ didn't claim that the city was broke? Aren't these very serious problems?
Well, you clearly don't know our politicians. Of course he'll say the city/state is broke. "Jeitinho Brasileiro" 101: Bebê que não chora não mama (The baby who doesn't cry, doesn't get fed). He'll say anything to get more money from the federal goverment. The Olympics is a great leverage.

As for everything else. I don't see the point. Doesn't the city of Rio get millions of tourists from all over the world throughout the year already?

>Yes, because it doesn't affect daily lives of BRs.

I'd say that it affects the lives of sixty thousand BRs per year. And thousands more who lose friends, colleagues and family members.

>Why didn't they actually put this statement regarding Ebola

Because a major international event wasn't being hosted in countries with the Ebola virus.

>THE FEDERATION GAVE THEM MORE MONEY TO HOST THE OLYMPICS

Is this wise considering that Brazil is going through an economic crisis and the Olympics aren't selling a lot of tickets?

How can you dismiss these problems as if they were nothing?

They said the same thing about the World Cup in 2010 and 2014 and the Sochi Olympics and everything went fine.

How is it possible that even the World Cup 2010 in South Africa, which is probably a worse country in every aspect and set in different cities across the country, was not a fuck-up at all?

>I'd say that it affects the lives of sixty thousand BRs per year. And thousands more who lose friends, colleagues and family members.
Well they shouldn't haven't chosen to become drug dealers if they cared about that in the first place you fuckhead
>Because a major international event wasn't being hosted in countries with the Ebola virus.
Oh so the WHO doesn't care if millions of Africans die right? I mean Africa is totally isolated from the world
>Is this wise considering that Brazil is going through an economic crisis and the Olympics aren't selling a lot of tickets?
Oh so according to you should we just let chaos reign on the Olympics?
>How can you dismiss these problems as if they were nothing?
Because they are, problems exists and they can be solved. you are clearly an autist that believes every single thing people tell you

So what you're saying is that only people linked to crime get killed in Brazil? What about the dozens of videos showing up every week where shop clerks and innocent bystanders get killed by criminals?

>so the WHO doesn't care if millions of Africans die right?

No, what I'm saying is that the media expressed these concerns regarding Rio because it's a major international tournament. There's a chance that the virus might spread or affect people from foreign countries.
The WHO did put out an announcement regarding Ebola and took action in countries affected by the virus.

>should we just let chaos reign on the Olympics?

No, another country should host the Olympics.

>and they can be solved

How come they aren't being solved then? Brazil still has a murder rate that is higher than Iraq's. And that's just one of the problems.

I got a feeling that these Olympics are going to be the flop of the century. It will completely kill any shred of prestige that Brazil still has left.

>So what you're saying is that only people linked to crime get killed in Brazil? What about the dozens of videos showing up every week where shop clerks and innocent bystanders get killed by criminals?
Yes, cause you know liveleak is the actual representation of a country crime
>No, what I'm saying is that the media expressed these concerns regarding Rio because it's a major international tournament. There's a chance that the virus might spread or affect people from foreign countries.
The WHO did put out an announcement regarding Ebola and took action in countries affected by the virus.
Yes cause zika spreads by air, also Rio and the SouthEast are clearly affected by it, every single BR has already deal with the infection you know :^)
>No, another country should host the Olympics.
So the parameters for hosting the olympics should be liveleak videos, wikipedia graphs and how much exposure the country haven't got to the media?
>How come they aren't being solved then? Brazil still has a murder rate that is higher than Iraq's. And that's just one of the problems.
Yes there is no way around to solve it, race war now, it's clearly nigger/commies fault, people live in absolute dismay everyday here and every single BR wants to leave the country because it's impossible to live here

We don't need sensationalism to look bad. Look at our country, we lost sense of normality, that's why there are people getting shot/stabbed in the streets and nobody gives a fuck.
It's a shithole and if I get out of here someday, I'd never come back.

>So you'd consider 60 thousand murders per year a triviality? Don't you think that these are serious issues that need to be addressed? Does everything boil down to sensationalism in your view?
Just like most people don't even care if there are people dying in Africa, China or Brazil, I don't care if lots of people die in the Northeastern Region or in the favelas.
You may consider me an asshole for that, since "they're my compatriots", but what can I do if every time I see some news about those places I feel like I'm living in an entirely different country?
And don't even dare to say that I should try to help them or be more sympathetic towards them, since I already spend almost half of my salary in taxes to the government, the one that "should" help them.

HOW DARE OF YOU SPEAK NICE THINGS OF BRAZIL YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING BRAZIL IS THE SHITTIEST COUNTRY ON EARTH EVERYBODY IS BROWN LOW IQ MISERABLE COMMUNIST MONKEY THAT KILLS NEGROS AND FUCK HIV WHORES STINKING OF PISS AND SHIT BRAZIL IS SHIT 60K BR MURDER BEST DAY OF MY LIFE SHIT SHIT PISS FECES FUCK YOU I AM BRAZILIAN AND WISH I WAS ANYTHING BUT IT JUST KILL ME WITH YOUR SUPERIOR LIGHT SKIN BLONDE UBERMENSCH 300 IQ BIG WHITE DICK PLS COLONIZE USA

PS: I truly hope you never get out of here, faggot.

fuck, it was meant to reply to

Talk is cheap m8,If you hate it so much why dont you leave? Just take a plane and go to europe