Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Standard
download.lineageos.org/espressowifi
download.lineageos.org/espresso3g
amazon.com/Seasonic-M12II-520-BRONZE-SS-520GM/dp/B0038T0V8Q
translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.ixbt.com/power/psu/gigabyte-b700h.shtml&edit-text=
youtube.com/watch?v=zIkg3Oo1PVM
spoofaholics.wordpress.com/the-downgrade-process/)
theandroidsoul.com/download-galaxy-s7-firmware/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Help a retard out. How do I remove that blue bar?

shit idk senpai but it looks disgusting

Is there something like a 4chanX for Twitter?
Specifically the RegEx filtering

I'm booting up my desktop that has Win10 on it, and it boots up extremely slowly. When it gets to the loading screen, instead of taking seconds, it takes literal minutes and this always seems to happen semi-annually for a few days until it's back to normal. I have my OS on my SSD. I tried getting rid of the bloat but it still starts slowly. I also scanned my drives for viruses and none were detected. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Can someone recommend me a good blender to buy?

vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Standard

Can anyone tell me how I can force Apache to run as root?

I'm trying to practice command injection via the DVWA, but every google search has resulted in the reverse query being answered

I obviously know its a retarded idea, but as I say, for testing purposes

That's not Callisto

I built my first PC back in March, and I've had no problems whatsoever except for BSODs which started a few weeks after I built it. I always get the same error ("BAD_POOL_CALLER"), which is a drivers related issue. At the time I had not installed/plugged in any new devices.
The BSODs were quite rare up until a week ago when I started getting a lot of them (a few a day). Also, my mouse (a Dell mouse from 2007) has started to digitally un-plug and re-plug itself. It started with once every few hours, but now it sometimes happens 20 times per minute and will often stay disconnected for up to 15 seconds (however, usually it only lasts a fraction of a second is often only noticeable because of the sound effect. Also, it often doesn't disconnect at all for like 45 minutes).

What's the best way to troubleshoot my driver issues, and could it be that my old mouse is the culprit? Regarding the digital unplugging, how do I know if my mouse is the device with the problem and not something else (I've already tried multiple USB slots)?

Where can I find a PDF link to the FULL book of Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ (2nd Edition) or a torrent?

Bonus for a link to Jumping into C++ too.

has anyone ever been as far as decided to want
look more like?

Holy shit, I did not know I could do this.

Thanks.

What video player should I use to watch chinese cartoons? I used to use Kawaii Codec Pack I hear they stopped working on it.

Thanks bois.

MPV. Copy / paste the recommended config from the general if you're not using a toaster.

What am I missing here? 40 bucks for a 700 watt semi modular 80+ bronze certified.

700 watts is way more than I need, but I wanted a semi modular PSU for 50ish dollars so I'm trying to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

Visual Studio good or bad? and can i use it to make an okay inventory management program?

Forgot file

Why is there not a single good RSS reader for chrome?

Awesome, thanks lad.

Likely low quality components. It should also be marketed as 650W, not 700. Here's the table

Went back to home last week and took my old 24" screen with me. Turns out it has been used enough to get a burn from the wallpaper. Is this fixable?

Found my old Samsung Tab 2, the software is too slow. Any recommendation of a ROM for this device to run better? Some custom ROM?

LineageOS

Wifi:
download.lineageos.org/espressowifi

3G:
download.lineageos.org/espresso3g

ty, I didnt knew about it seems great

Should I be concerned? I'm going to be using a 1050ti which apparently doesn't need any additional power connector, so the estimated wattage breakdown shows as 241W?

I just started to learn how to program and I read somewhere it is not recommended for noobs to use IDEs and stuff, I agree. as a beginner can I go only with notepad? what else would I need to program properly, like finding in which line I typed wrong code?

Nah it should be fine, there's just a higher chance of something going wrong with that PSU compared to higher quality ones. Get this one instead:

amazon.com/Seasonic-M12II-520-BRONZE-SS-520GM/dp/B0038T0V8Q

Pretty much the default choice for this price

translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.ixbt.com/power/psu/gigabyte-b700h.shtml&edit-text=

Secondary side is full of AIDS. Not reliable.

Seasonic S12II 520 is currently $50 with a $15 rebate on Newegg if you're in burger country.

Semi-modular cabling is fucking stupid too. If you can't take the box out without displacing the ATX harness, there's no point.

I'm trying to make a linked list and if I type this into my main()
Bun * head;
Bun * curr;
head = 0;
curr = head;
head = new Bun();
curr = head->next;
curr->next = 0;
the last line gives me a segmentation fault if I debug but it still compiles, what do I do?

Vim. Might as well learn it early on.

Seriously though, at least use notepad++ or something, syntax highlighting is nice. Linter addons for notepad++/Atom/Sublime are the things taht tell you when you type "wrong" code.

How can I manage cookies on Firefox for Android?

>not recommended for noobs to use IDEs
I dissagree with that, argument is that IDEs are too helpful... like fuck that, you are learning programing, the overall idea, how to break stuff in to small pieces that you can code...
the idea you are better off learning with editor because it does not help you with auto-completion.. fuck the idea that its about memorizing syntax

and the best part is that people who tell you go editor will also start talking about how to make the editor almost IDEs level with all kind of features

anyway, as far as editors go... they are fast and quick to do stuff, they are also universal, so if you learn your editor you can be writing in it everything and anything with all the features and tricks you are accustom to. No matter if bash, python, C, javascript or powershell,...

anyway, my pick is sublime text, incredibly fast and comfy, theres shitload of stuff on how to use it effectively
heres some quick overview
youtube.com/watch?v=zIkg3Oo1PVM

recommend staying away from VIM that was recommended to you, sure check it out, but its so alien at first few months that you will be spending more time learning editor and getting used to its strange but powerful approach to do things

Will Ryzen cpus be released in the future with onboard graphics? And why don't they have onboard graphics now?

Is there a program to resize album art in embedded tags? I want to make them all perfect squares. If not, I guess I could write a script using imagemagick and taglib or something, but would be handy if it already exists.

Yes, codenamed Raven Ridge. Should launch on laptops later this year, and Q1 2018 for desktops. They don't have it yet because it's using Vega for its GPU, and they probably wanted to focus on their bread and butter first. They're being stretched as it is launching Ryzen, Epyc, Vega, Threadripper, Vega, Ryzen Mobile, Ryzen Pro

TY user. Toying with a Ryzen build or intel build. I don't want to give my money to Shilltel but I can't afford much of a graphics card for now.

Will their onboard graphics be comparable to Shilltel? Or better/worse?

The only time Intel's iGPU is in the same performance bracket as AMD's was the i7-5775c, a fucking $380 chip. If you need onboard graphics now, however, there's only Intel. IF you can, try a cheap GPU like the GT 1030

Intel's drivers are shit, so AMD wins by default unless you use a very specific set of programs that happen to work well with Intel.

If you're building a gaming PC, you really want to get a video card unless you're buying in at poverty level. Like

What makes a 64 bit application better than a 32 bit one? I understand some of the difference in regard to browsers and games, but I mean for everyday applications like word editors or music players.
Are they really faster?

could i replace my laptop battery for a bigger capacity one? given it fits and all

could i, in the same vein, replace the screen 1366x768 for a 1920x1080 one? (laptop screen)

if it was possible, would it be just easier to get a new laptop?

In theory there can be optimizations you can do with different instruction sets but mainly it comes down to being able to address more memory. If the program doesn't need more than 3GB it doesn't really matter.

If the voltage and current it can supply matches, I guess.

No, twitter is annoying as fuck to develop extensions to because it changes almost daily.

thx for replying
I guess I'll pick notepad++. I plan to dual boot or use a VM soon then, after some time/experience, completely switch to GNU+Linux in a near future, that will be when I'll try Vim and Emacs

thx for replying
my analogy is kind of weak, but I see it as learning basic operations in math using a calculator, it makes you dependant
yes, I heard Vim's learning curve is steep but I think it's worth the effort, it's an editor you have to know whether you like it or not
I'll try Sublime and its addons, thx for the video

Yes.
Usually no, is it a consumer laptop? then no, business? high likely.
Yes since a new screen would be $50-100.

the application can use more than ~3.5GB of ram

That it wont rely on legacy support for x32 and will be faster since you will need less hacks.

its a 2013 acer thats given me so many headaches i grew to love it

I decided to try dual-monitor setup but my old 24" has a wallpaper burn on it. How do I get rid of it?

On x86 specifically, they added a couple more general purpose registers on 64-bit. Which makes it easier for compilers to optimize code and makes most CPU limited tasks a little faster.

Stuff like word processors and music players tend to be limited by IO and system call latency rather than CPU. Maybe ripping or transcoding in a music player.

I think the big consideration for them is forward compatibility. 32-bit software on 64-bit OS requires extra support, which may be removed some point in the distant future. Or more likely not be supported in a x86-on-ARM environment.

Masochist i see.
But well since its acer then no.

I have a non modular PSU. Could anything bad happen if I cut off one of the cables I don't need and covered all the exposed wire with electrical tape?

firefox doesn't load captcha anymore
tried using firefox, firefox nightly, on windows and linux

any tips?

Yes.

Why the fuck you would want to cut the cables, just move them to the rear compartment of your case and use some zip ties.

>I guess I'll pick notepad++
well for start you might want to pick an editor that is multiplatform

>it's an editor you have to know whether you like it or not
maybe if you are a linux sysadmin that spends lots of time in terminal
otherwise I have no idea why would you think that

>GNU+Linux
I love when new guys think that people actually call linux that
its just aspies on Sup Forums and some hardcore stallmanists
no one gives a fuck otherwise about that awkward unwieldily idea of a name

If the cables don't short then it wouldn't do anything.

try empty profile with "firefox -p"
maybe its something in yours

Come on /sqt/, I'm about to hit the bed. Is there a possibility that these dumb "get rid of burnt images"-videos work? I have a mild screen burn on my old monitor and want to get rid of it.

you're kinda right about Vim but I've probably expressed myself badly, I meant you have to know at least the basics
I'm a reasonable time Sup Forums lurker, got used calling it GNU/Linux

I'm still using Windows 7 and a Phenom II x4, but it's starting to bother me how much I'm not able to do because I don't have Windows 10. I want to upgrade, but why bother upgrading to anything other than the latest lineup of CPUs? Except the latest lineup requires some fuckery to get working on Windows 7. But Windows 7 means no Windows 10 exclusive games, no Xbox One controller support, plenty of weird little bits of software not working, etc. I've stuck with Windows 7 because I didn't like the UI of 8, and 10 is flat out fucking cancer with it's forced updates and constant spying, but how much of that is disableable? I know the recommendation is always to use the Enterprise version for the controls it offers, but can you actually remove the cancer in that and go back to updating only when you want to and not being spied on?

Alternately, how viable is it on a normal desktop build to use something like unRAID, to keep a Windows 7 and Windows 10 build both installed and running at once, assuming I have the GPUs for it? The whole thing about unRAID is that it lets you do things like with without making anything weird for anything running inside either OS, right?

So far there is no game that is worth making you upgrade to W10.
There is xbone controller support for 7.
So far thats not a thing yet.
Some of it, or nothing based i the version, telemetry cant be disabled without breaking the OS, placeboo programs are still placeboo.

What you are looking for is Windows 10 LTSB.

tl;dr I soft bricked my phone and I have no idea what to do

I'm using a galaxy s7, SM-G930P. It was running the latest firmware update when I started this whole adventure. Before doing all of this, I made a backup with smartswitch.
I wanted to downgrade the firmware to 6.0 for gps spoofing shenanigans. I found this guide (spoofaholics.wordpress.com/the-downgrade-process/) to help me do it. I followed it exactly, but I did not use sammobile because regular downloads were not working. (and won't work for another few days.) So I found some 6.0 firmware on some other website that I can't remember, and installed the AP thing with odin 3.12.7. It rebooted, but then it got stuck in a boot loop. Download mode was the only thing that would work, so I went to that and installed a different firmware from here. theandroidsoul.com/download-galaxy-s7-firmware/ I don't remember exactly what happened next, as this was 3am and I wasn't running on much sleep to begin with. All I remember is that it gave me a "an error has occurred while updating the device software" error, or something along those lines. I might have tried again, with success, but now whenever I boot up my phone, it says it needs a password to decrypt my data or something. I've not set up anything like that, and my weak google-fu shows that I need to do a factory reset, but I want to avoid doing that if possible. Smart switch also no longer recognizes my phone.
Despite my backup, I still don't feel entirely safe. What can be done with all this mess?

> don't want to factory reset
You are going to have to wipe and re-flash. Can you get to fastboot? To recovery?

Well fuck.
I can do that, yes.

Any good websites/groups for cheap PC parts? Not something on PC Part Picker - Newegg, Amazon, OutletPC, etc - More something with people selling their own shit secondhand

Is it possible to purchase a house with crypto in the US without having to turn it into fiat at any point?

Asking for a friend.

what client is that?

Craiglist, eBay, Alibaba.
Never buy used electronics.
Never buy mining GPUs unless there is a 75% discount or more.
Never buy used PSUs at all.

qBittorent.

any decent free web hosting services besides 000webhost?

I'm trying to host an IPB based forum there but it doesn't stop giving me issues

Install Win10 any version on i7 2600, Hardlock Machine Check Exception.

Install Win10 any version in VirtualBox on the same machine, No problem, runs fine.

What the fuck man?

Maybe rent in a big city,but not for home purchase.

Install windows 7, problem solved.

buying secondhand from individuals gives you no reliable guarantee that it's working and no recourse if it's not. it's literally a crap shoot

Hey Sup Forums studying cs second year here
I think in the future I would like to work with turning humans into robots like in ghost in shell or deus ex the games
What specific field should I get into? AI? Can I find work in this field after getting CS degree or do I need to work on some easier jobs first and/or get a masters degree?

Installing Win7 will make Win10 not hardlock?
Neat.

Is mactype good enough these days or does it still render some fonts in a weird way with poor kerning

I'm looking to improve windows font rendering

I imagine a company working on man-machine interfaces would be interested more in a engineering curriculum than the usual CS one. These days your best bet would be acedemia, a small research lab at a big company, a medical company making prosthetics. I think there are some startups doing the later, they might accept some shitty intern for basically no cash if you sell yourself hard enough.

Is the Windows default defragmenter enough or should I use some other app?

>free
>decent
pick one. I use 000webhost and I've had some issues with the site being down or loading slow but that's what you get for free.

If you actually want some stability you're going to have to pay someone.

You can't buy anything in the US without assigning it a fiat value for tax purposes.

Like, I can't imagine why you couldn't draw up a contract saying I exchange my house for a consideration of 150 BTC, but someone still has to come up with fiat to cover the tax value of the house and whatever closing costs.

Should i be worried that my BCLK is not in multipliers of 100?
Its 99.24.

Defraggler.

What if someone simply gave my friend a house for free and my friend coincidentally gave him some BTC after the fact.

Still have to pay annual property tax.

what's the average battery life for smartphones nowadays. I have a moto g5 and I feel it discharges way too fast.

Let's say I'm browsing the view viciously read lots of stuff without watching videos or doing anything else. How long should an average battery last?

Google pixel xl,9 days

Long story short I was overclocking it and it went from game crash to black vertical lines on the screen. My friend says I may have shorted it because I didn't turn the voltage up enough. When I'm in regular Windows 10 the screen will crash after a few minutes regardless of what I do. Right now, I'm in safe mode right now and it's been about 15 minutes without a crash. Help?

>9 days

no way, jeez

You didnt short it, your OC is unstable, reduce speeds.

Its charging or i would have shown you the battery.
I watch a few videos a day mostly its on for reading news or documents for work.

From 100 to 0%:
Screen on? 4-8 hours.
Idle? 2-4 days.
Without using it at all? 7-10 days.

I keep trying to reduce it in normal Windows but it keeps crashing. I uninstalled the OC utility I was using, now I just have ASUS GPU Tweak and MSI Afterburner and neither are currently set to overclock. Is there a master switch?

Never OC using windows programs, always do it from the BIOS.

Can someone explain this meme from OPs pic ?

I know at least one of yous gotta run Windows 10.

Hi how do you remove an icloud activation on an iPad 2 running ios 9. Yeah the original owner hasn't respond...

Dump event viewer logs.

Is it possible to pirate games that work online (overwatch, battlefield 1, GTA5, etc)

I'm mostly speaking about the fact that I cannot even install the forum software because it either gives me:

>The installer uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about.

Or because it crashes trying to setup the database tables.