WTF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM
youtube.com/watch?v=_yFsr7ERzB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CHANG CHING CHONG CHANG

Sorbs live there.

WHY DIDN'T HITLER GAS THEM

Because hitler believed that sorbs were a germanic tribe that just spoke a slavic language.

How did Hitler manage to kill 6 million Jews but barely any gypsies?

He killed a lot but they breed like rats, even faster and more numerous than Albos.

This, there were almost no gypsies left in Czechia after war and look now.

I forgot to mention but several dialects of Slovene have remnants of articles. Mine has the word "ta" which can be put in front of an adjective.

>classical latin has no articles
>all modern latin languages use articles
WTF

Ching ching nipping chong gao? Nippong tong shitsu

Gypsies are indian which are aryan so i won't be surprised if hitler considered them brothers or some shit.

Sorb and Slovene are the only languages which have an article in Slavic languages?

youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM

No. Bulgarian and Macedonian have it as well.

No, they're the two languages that retained dual.

Standard Slovene doesn't have articles, by the way.

Sards?

youtube.com/watch?v=_yFsr7ERzB4

Wish this guy kept making these kinds of videos desu.

Import from Slovakia, largely. For "work" (haha).

>dual
lol, that's pretty old school

Classical latin wasn't spoken by the plebs and the patrician mostly used it when writting.

>is difficult to place the point in which the definite article, absent in Latin but present in all Romance languages, arose, largely because the highly colloquial speech in which it arose was seldom written down until the daughter languages had strongly diverged; most surviving texts in early Romance show the articles fully developed.

That is exceptionally interesting

I'd like to see a map of how many definite articles there are in each language

Old school is how we roll in this bitch, fəm.

holy shit ameriburgers speaking foreign languages sound so horrible

All languages articles are developed from non-article words until they devolve into a simple not easily recognizable form

For example a/an in English is just "one" devolved into a simpler form. In fact "one" can be used in place of "a/an" in almost every case in English, removing the actual article

the concept of articles are too difficult for japanese because we don't have such a concept
i guess people whose their languages don't have it have much troubles about learning them not only us japanese

Greeks' fault. They started this shit.

>Ching ching nipping chong gao? Nippong tong shitsu

>Fact: Filipinos are the most powerful race in the world

Whaat are you talking about? He doesn't sound bad to me in the few words he has to say in that video, and he can actually speak quite a lot of languages.

I don't even know what any of these terms mean.

Then, do you find languages like Russian or Turkish easier to learn?

Definite articles: le, la, les
Indefinite articles: un, une, des

>Serbia owns Montenegro
>doesn't own Kosovo

articles are useless anyways

The sorbs were regarded as german, but with an own distinct slavic culture.
After they organised a little bit of resistance against nazis trying to persuade them into giving up their festivals and rites in favour of german ones, they were punished with a crackdown on their language, just as fascist italy tried to kill of friolians, the english gaelish and franco tried to kill catalan.

Eradicating ancient minority culture was a sport at that time in europe, sadly.
They made it tho, the sorbs were handled as a token minority by the DDR after the war and werent mistreated after the fall of the wall either and now they still live there and speak their sorbish.

Should be removed like foreskins.

>articles
>uvular R
why the fuck are they still considered slavs?

>Hitler killed 6 million jews

Given that "a house" and "the house" mean very different things, they clearly aren't.

Languages without definite articles still use different ways to indicate the "definite" aspect of the nouns in question, so it's just a matter of what sort of grammatical features you prefer.

Grammatical genders, on the other hand, now that shit should be removed. Especially when the language is irregular about which word endings are which gender. Just imagine that gendered languages without articles have to ask themselves stuff like "which 'my' do I use with this word?" instead of memorizing article+noun like you can do in German (which is the slight consolation from the fact that German genders are fucked up).