Firefox Marketshare is ‘Falling off a Cliff’, Says Former Mozilla CTO

omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/07/firefox-marketshare-falling-off-cliff-former-mozilla-cto-thinks-knows

> Firefox Marketshare is ‘Falling off a Cliff’

> Blames Google

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/
techcrunch.com/2017/02/23/google-org-is-committing-11-5-million-to-racial-justice/
fortune.com/2017/06/29/google-2017-diversity-report/
google.com/diversity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well if they weren't constantly having to play catch-up with chrome they'd be more popular!

>Droping addons compatibility
>SJW and PC infestation
>very late in how the browser handles ram (multi process)

yeah its not like Mozilla itself, it must be google right?
let them die and just watch the show

>blaming another company for having a superior product
>not blaming themselves for acting like holier-than-thou faggots and producing an objectively inferior product
Only a symptom of the problem. They're filled with faggots.

SJW infestation is just a symptom of larger underlying issues like corruption.

Since google's search engine is used by the majority,
shouldn't it be an unfair practice to advertise its own browser?

They could try a radical approach, I don't know, but how about making a good browser? Radical, I know but I think that is what some would like.

>it will never be 2007 again
>you will never come home from school to browse a normie free internet on firefox 2.0

I am currently using Firefox with Debian and prefer it over Chromium. It will eventually beat Google and take over the company and nigger lock tree buds. Simple balloon pools.

Hold on guys!!! Mozilla will drop the hottest, securest, fastest, and bestest browser with Servo in just 20 years!!!

>ruskie
Go away

>shouldn't it be an unfair practice to advertise its own browser?
if you're yuropoor, yes. if you're burger, no.

Corruption? Where? These people are just soulless and lack culture which is something many find familiar in the modern West

I switched to chrome, firefox was making my laptop cpu go crazy even after resetting it

who would have thought that if you made something worse, people would like it less? pretty crazy.

I am doing just that over here . Install Debian with Xfce and use GMX.com email. Trying to dress a bit more youthful for shits and giggles.

Why is the browser market absolute fucking cancer
You'd think that in the last ten years someone would have said no fuck that and make their own browser like in the past but we're still stuck with the same old shit

If the company hires by merit, they would never hire someone with a degree in * studies.
But people that have degrees in * studies also have rich influential dads they can whine to, and those rich influential dads can shove their kids in the companies with some help of some friends.
The whole power of the "SJWs" is just money and an incessant desire to do shit with it.

>obnoxious telemetry
>unwanted features (who asked for fucking pocket and fursonas)
>wontfix ease of use features and bugs until after Chrome does it
>talentless diversity hires and SJWs eating up operating money and accomplishing fuck all
>literally decades behind the competition at this point

Yeah, it's because of Google but not in the manner they posit.

>Firefox Marketshare is ‘Falling off a Cliff’

good.

>2k17
>Firefox have non-working VSYNC
>Laggy UI
>Droping extensions support
DA FUK

>have a carved out niche as the pro-privacy browser
>choose to just become a shittier clone of your much more popular competitor

When I was younger I used to think successful people must be smart.

If Firefox dies it can only be a good thing it means the brave browser all have a fucking chance on mobile

good...hope SJW fox dies.

commies deserve helicopter rides.

Better than google

>you will never come home from school to browse a normie free internet on firefox 2.0
>says the frogposter

Social intelligence is just one axis of intelligence.

Go home to Sup Forums, liberal.

>2007
>school
how young are you fugging hell

>very young girls in provocative poses
>t. amy
why do roasties not can tell the difference between 2d and 3d

Karen BTFO

do share user

Not him but I was in school my final year in 2007 and am 26 now.

>Corruption? Where?
The lesbian dyke in charge of mozilla right now pulls in 800k a year salary with 500k yearly bonus. She OK's throwing money at gay/lesbian/tranny shit and things like making the white men left go through the entire codebase changing "triggering" words like slave and master whilst paying the SJW's who came up with the idea to do it 17k USD and an office in Paris that has gold leaf ceiling.

Gotta say I agree with that email.

Nothing stopping you making and distributing themes yourself or in your private groups if you want to do animeshit themes but they definitely shouldn't be in the main theme archive.

>Inferior project
>SJW bullshit out of the asshole
Yeah this can crash and burn for all I care

>if this product doesn't satisfy you then go use something else
hmm I wonder why SJWfox died.

She's right though. Try to submit these themes to Google, cuck.

>tumblrzilla sjwfox

they stopped being a tech company long ago. they think they're united nations or some shit. good riddance.

Firefox -is- worse than Chrome so no wonder. No amount of botnet can make google's product worse than this.

It's their last attempt to stay relevant. The browser is almost as dead as their mobile OS, so now they're doing this marketing stunt to paint themselves as an organization fighting for the freedom on the Web and shit... hoping that some idiots throw some more dollars on the huge burning pile of money their organization is.

Not true. Stop your FUD jewgle boy. Try open more than two tabs in chrome.

>try open more than two tabs in chrome
what does he mean by this?

Dad get off the computer. Unless you have 500mb of RAM, your computer should have no issue having 10 tabs of chrome open.

Sounds like IBM tbqh

>mfw my raspberry pi is my daily driver
ableist

>they stopped being a tech company long ago.
au contraire, they're more a """tech company""" now then they ever have been, promoting sjw ideology is something all the big tech companies do now, all they need is a playground inside the office building and they'd be right up there with google and facebook.

and he is talking about normal pcs... like most people on this board?

m0z://a died when they fired Brendan Eich desu

>Sounds like IBM tbqh
How so?

Because the performance was fucking terrible, they added in "features" no one asked for and took out things people actually used for no reason.

Certainly not because they didn't allow weebs to put their themes in the theme store.

Gee you are a bit slow aren't you.
That is my point.

>500MB is an acceptable amount of memory for a web browser to use

Stop defending bloat.

>most people on this board
>m0z://a died when they fired Brendan Eich desu
Yes, they did.
IBM seems to have lost their way and made a lot of stupid decisions to meet a ridiculous-to-impossible profit target, often cutting the very bones they stood on and the muscle they needed to hold themselves up. Read some Bob Cringely for the gory details of IBM's descent into literally who land.

web browsers are pretty complicated nowadays. Name one browser that doesn't use stupid amounts of memory (and isn't shit).

Firefox uses more than 500mb you moron.
I ain't defending bloat but if running more than 2 tabs is a memory issue for you, you might want to consider upgrading your PC instead of choice of browser.

10 years late and still shit on mobile, the only growing sector
on desktop it's good enough for most but chrome with its billions of dollars worth of free advertising on google, youtube and bundling with freeware is surely going to win

So what nonsjw browser should I use

>Pale Moon
>Waterfox

>everyone in town queues up to buy your hot dogs
>it's now somehow unfair for you to advertise your hamburgers at your stall

>names any shitty browser fork
enjoy your security patches months after you got infected

Latest Firefox has pretty modest memory usage.

2007 was ten years ago. He could have been in primary school and still be old enough to post here today.

used firefox for years but i recently moved to chromuim when mozilla chose to force pulse audio.

>Gal, who worked for 7 years at Mozilla
>>Firefox’s decline is not an engineering problem.
hes right, its a byproduct of BAD CORPORATE DECISIONS.
you reap what you sow
now go fuck yourself, with all your platform support drop, '''forced'''/required specific broken linux audio system, sjw agenda and advertisement money wasted.

>tfw you remember fondly of firefox hitting v1.0
the '''people''' currently in charge of sjwzilla should be in jail

see

qutebrowser

> Believes in the theory of multiple intelligence.
Sort yourself out, Bucko.

>le out-of-date meme

maybe he's from a country where you call everything school, just like i went to schools until i was 20

who netscape veteran here? guess firefox will be another browser ill have to retire from usage

Remember when they fired brendan eich? that's when i vowed to destroy mozilla.

have you tried palemoon?

what's a roastie?
i don't keep up with normalfag terminology

i was in school (tertiary private academy) as late as 2009, and i'm 27

That happens when your number one priority is diversity (or what ever you like to call it) and not good, functional and innovative product.

This is completely normal and people who decided to go this route knew that this could happen.

they're lucky there isn't a better alternative out there or everyone else would've dumped their ass at least 3 years ago

>but they definitely shouldn't be in the main theme archive.

Why?

Firefox market share was because they did a *lot* of idiotic shit in the past. Their browser got _worse_ in time, now they have a somewhat fast product and if they are somewhat smarter and say to rust faggots to fuck off they can start recovering some of the market share

I'm confident again in the ability of Mozilla to make an actually good browser. In the past I used to put up with it only to avoid the Chrome botnet but it's actually pleasant to use now. I heard Nightly is even better too, but i can't be arsed to try it right now, especially since the improvements will eventually trickle down to the stable release.
Still, I don't think they will ever recover their old marketshare. Back in last decade, they built their reputation largely because Internet Explorer was so shit that even the most tech illiterate was willing to go out and search for an alternative. While now Chrome might be a mediocre product and a bloated walled garden(not even mentioning the botnet because the average user doesn't really care about that) that is losing its only advantage in raw speed, but it's decent enough that a normalfag won't bother to switch browsers. Hell, it has built a reputation as a fast browser and people simply accept it as a fact, and install it over their default browser, even if it actually isn't much faster than Firefox or even Edge now, not to the point the human eye can actually notice. The only thing that would make Firefox recover marketshare is Chrome becoming complete shit as opposed to simply a mediocre browser.

>People unironically think Mozilla are bigger SJWs than Google
Boy do I got news for you

Go on

Firefox market share started dropping in 2010, the CEO got fired in March-April 2014. Firefox died because Google started aggressively pushing ads on the sites that normies use 90% of the time, Google and Youtube, about how "this website runs better on Google Chrome!!!".

maybe they should blame wasting 10000 USD on reward to an SJW feminist who removed the "master" and "slave" words from the FireFox documentation instead

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/

Good. Serves those faggots right

good its full of SJWs

how does firefox make money anyways?

Literally just search for "Google social justice"

techcrunch.com/2017/02/23/google-org-is-committing-11-5-million-to-racial-justice/

fortune.com/2017/06/29/google-2017-diversity-report/

google.com/diversity/

getting paid by Google for implementing Google Analytics in the about:addons tab

getting paid by Google and Yahoo and Bing to implement them as search engines

getting paid by Google to implement "safe browsing"

>go to Google diversity site
>no black males or females in any of the pictures

someone send that to feminist websites pls

Google don't ruin their browser or company with corrupt shit like though, hence why chrome is fast safe and stable and Firefox is slow, getting worse features and even gets banned from hacking comps with money prizes because it;s too easy to hack.

Now if chrome had ruined their browser to please women and faggots to the point it wouldn't be safe to use on a computer with an internet connection I'd agree with you but only Mozilla/Firefox has sunk that low.

If you're whining about Mozilla being SJW's but still use anything developed by Google you're fucking retarded. At least use a Firefox clone or something, there's also brave which works fine, it's just lacking features since it's a beta.

So they're doing their best Google impression then? Fuck Brave

$15.000 (fifteen thousand dollar) to run
find -exec sed -i 's/master/XXX/g/' {} \;
find -exec sed -i 's/slave/YYY/g/' {} \;

Fugg, I need to get in the SJW business.

While it is sad that FF is dying, I see no good alternative.
So it's more than FF dying, it's the old school style of good interface, giving users freedom on how to use the browser, expanding on it, etc.

is it really worth your sanity and self-respect?

>Rejected a Karen theme
Wtf I hate Firefox now

I don't understand why burgers have to drag politics crap into everything, ffs don't you even remember DDR and the USSR? I was a little user, but I sure as hell remember that crap.

Everything had to be PC even their fucking crappy ass songs had to be approved by the PC ministry, bordering those commies so here we were to total opposite, the more anti PC you were there better

All these companies are seriously going down

Has anyone done anything with the leaked Opera source code yet? Even though it's unlikely to be a real competitor long term it's my only hope left, I no longer trust Mozilla and I haven't encountered a webkit browser I like yet. I don't need my browser to be ultra fast, I just want it to be customizable and extensable.

I'm real disappointed in the state of things right now.

Show me an alternative thats not a fork from firefox and not a botnet and i drop it

>2007
>one after iphones and Facebook opening to everyone
>normie free

>WE'LL MAKE SO GOOD BOY, WE'LL MAKE IT SO FAST NOW BOY, WE'LL REBUILD IT SO GOOD AND AWESOME
>1 year passes by, nothing

Not surprised seeing as Google has been shilling their products pretty hard. If I want Youtube TV I'll get Youtube TV, Google!