/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=wine binfmt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How should I name my wifi? It's really hard for me to think of a name... :,(
Also is 1Gbps internet a meme? Just got mine, I can reduce it to 300Mbps if I want to pay less, but honestly 20€/month isn't much...

name it: "I like my women like I like my coffee"

She cute as fuck.

I'd jump off my high horse for her

Do you ever obsessively pluck your facial hair?

>how high is too high
i'd really love to know because i've jumped off 2-3 storeys as a kid

Can regular desktops and laptops have hot swappable hard drives?

Yes, sometimes. Other hairs too

Depends on the motherboard. Nice ones can configure SATA ports as hot-swappable eSATA.

Girl's name is Kaitlyn Homan. She should be 19 now.

Captcha: touchwood

This might be fun.
I'll do that.

be sure you have some answers when people ask

and how do you like your coffee

>weak with lots of milk

Are ultrawide monitors a meme?

Flat, with a sweet aftertaste

You are a ghost.

Those Hot Topic sleeves turn my eyelids on.

Trying to write a dumb little bash script to grab a bunch of dotfiles and put them in one folder.

So far I've got:
# update [source] [copy] [destination]
function update
{
if [ ! -e $1 ]; then
echo -e "${LRED}$1${NC} doesn't exist!"
else
if ! cmp $1 $2 >/dev/null 2>&1; then
echo -e "Copying $BLUE$1${NC}..."
cp $1 $3
else
echo -e "${GREEN}$1 is up-to-date.${NC}"
fi
fi
}

I'd like to write another function which will recursively apply this to all the files in the folder passed to it, but I don't know enough about bash and google is failing me.

not cute anymore

>man glob
for f in **;do update "$f"; done

Also defining functions as update() { ... } is posix compatible and I don't think using "function" gains you anything.

I have no idea what you're trying to do, but why not a find-exec?
find . -iname ".butts" -exec cp -a {} there/{} \;

Because that can't execute bash functions, only bash scripts!

Okay i tried MBR Regenerator and Windows Loader but i still keep getting an genuine Windows 7 Ultimate, i have checked the readme an tried anything. It still says Status: Notification and the system says the Microsoft needs to be activated, i have tried 2 different keys and it does not work.

What's a good ISP to subscribe to?

BSNL

nyone have experience selling pc/ps4/xbox/gpu/cpu boxes on ebay? I see lots of people selling theres and I'm wondering if its worth it/if people actually buy?

>Item Location: Jerusalem, Israel

Stupid people will buy anything

What are the better alternatives to DuckDuckGo?

startpage

What should one look when buying an (external) hard drive? I need one that will last for years and that is between 2TB and 4TB big without spending tons of money.
I have seen HGST praised a lot on Sup Forums, is it a meme? I think I had a good experience with WD black until now.
Does one need a hardware thing for RAID 1? Can one implement RAID 1 on GNU/Linux with external hard drives?

I want to write a script that automatically accepts my dota 2 matches when one is found so i can go get food then send me a text when it does. The text part isnt hard and i know how to get python to actually accept the match but i don't know how to get the script to recognize when a match has been found. Any ideas?

I've heard searx is good, but honestly I haven't heard any legitimate reasons to not use duckduckgo, and I would very much miss the bangs. I _always_ search youtube and wikipedia via !yt and !w respectively. Heck, it even has obscure shit, like !naruto searches the naruto wikia. I often just try bangs and they tend to work. There are ones for the archwiki and aur as well. I have a feeling there's some sort of smart bang system at plays that takes top sites from results and pushes you to them if you use an unknown bang.

have it watch for a change in the pixels, or setup a camera zoomed in on the exact spot and do it with motion detection

I should mention that switching languages isnt an issue if that changes anything.

I couldnt find any libraries that would just read pixels. The closest thing i found was one that could read pixels in a bitmap, meaning i would have to prtscrn every time the script polls for the match ready, which sounds suboptimal imo.

How to launch wine programs from terminal? I have a .exe in ~/Directory/folder\ name/file.exe etc, and I right click the .exe and open with wine windows program loader.
Can this be done from terminal?

Yes. If you take a moment to think about it, I'm sure you can figure out the command to launch wine.

wine

Cool. Now how can this be streamlined into a file I can double click?

Bash script. Or, you know, you can just change the default program to open .exes with into wine.

I just need the one. Bash script is something I can google. Thanks user.

On Windows 7 and wanting to customize my start bar a bit, make it like a flat white or something

Are those deviantart visual styles safe? Looks like you have to patch some .dll files

If in a job inteview i get the question "what's your level in excel" what am i supposed to say? What kind of levels are there?

is it feasibly possible to people to remote access a windows OS without being granted access?

I saw a video where game streamers were 'hacked' and someone would suddenly be controlling their actions and typing messages in notepad

is there a realistic scenario where that type of thing can happen or would it just have been fake?

what antivirus software are you guys using, if any? just got a fresh build going and i dont want to fuck it up

yes but it compromise some performance in low end machines
and some programs look weird.

Letrs fuck side ways

MSE + CS2017
and VM testing for ultra dodgy shit

just keep in check your firewall rules
and also disable remote access and macros

is realistic if you are stupid.

what is cs2017? i know mse is microsoft essentials and vm testing is virtual machine right?

yeah to both of those

Common Sense 2017 edition

>Item Location: Jerusalem, Israel

kikes will sell anything.

ah i gotcha. thanks

windows 10 has an integrated antivirus
no need for a second one.
is placebo at best and a waste of resources at worst.

just don't install cracks and all that shit.
Use open source software

i booted my computer with windows 7.

>which sounds suboptimal imo
Well if it works.

lmgtfy.com/?q=wine binfmt

Say max level.

Remote acces tools delivered via malware are a thing.

Why do all girls turn into generic roasties?
So many girls look the same now. I'm not sute if it's just me.
Like the matrix is saving memory and there are copies everywhere.

Isn't no password the most secure option since you can't ssh into an unpassworded user?

Best note sorting program for windows that doesn't require a log in? (evernote, simplenote). Don't want to use notepad++ for notes as I use it for web dev.rather keep things seperate and not clutter the workspace

You only can't do that if PermitEmptyPasswords is set to no in sshd_config
Also, you are stupid. What if some exploit that get's into some process that had changed user for security but then it goes and calls `su yourusername`? What if you mom wants to see what you do on the computer all day and manages to log in by just pressing enter while you are in the shitter?

How serious is this graphics card mining situation? I was looking to upgrade this year from a 5yr old GTX680 rig to a 1080ti 4k setup. Wait it out for a few months or it's it all fucked forever?

Is hdmi just ass for dual monitors or am i missing some special setting? Whenever i have pretty much anything on the hdmi monitor performance goes to shit, but when connected with dvi it's fine.

1080ti's aren't as inflated because they're not as cost effective to begin with

You do realize there's practically no real difference between 1440p and 4k? Unless you've got a screen the size of rhode island you're basically just killing hundreds of dollars for epeen

Sounds like you're fucking something up

Bitdefender

MSE has been shit for 5+ years.

Can I go and buy Windows 7 now without getting instantly upgraded to Windows 10?

Yes. That hasn't been a thing for several months now

Thanks.
The only partition that'll be wiped is the one I'm installing it in, right? So if I had two partitions, my other partition won't be wiped as well?

download windows 10 ltsb from microsoft.
3 months trial. they will nag you afterwards.
reinstall.

Correct. If you want you can make the partition in advance with some other bootable medium, and just direct windows to install there. That way it wont create the unnecessary 100mb partition for boot files.

whats good nowadays?
I havent been keeping up with anything for about 5+ years

>Can I fuck someone at the club without getting aids?
>The best place to get aids is uptown, but they charge extra

Turkish and bitter to be quite honest.

But I don't want anything Windows 10 on my computer
Thanks a lot, man. Cheers

The eternal "hack me if you can"
We'll find you another name when your Wi-Fi self rename into "challenge accepted"

Just my monobrow,otherwise just general grooming standards.

Malwarebytes or ADWcleaner for one-off scans (same company). Bitdefender has high detection rates, hella low system resources, and doesn't bug you with popups and shit. Just werks without a lot of options.

hgst/hitachi and toshiba are your best bets, but external drives are not made for 24/7 usage. maybe get an internal hgst/hitachi ultrastar and put it in a case/bay? that way the hdd should last way longer.

or save up some money and get an external ssd for the most important stuff instead, they are more durable.

>mom tires to sign into pc through ssh

>butterface as fuck
Why do they grow up so fuck up

no, pubes sometimes though

Got some coil whine on my motherboard VRMs I think. It's not that loud and it never changes volume. Is it worrying? I think it's still under warranty.

The girls in /cgl/ are bullying me. What should I do?

most of them have dicks,treat them as such.

use a bag of ice to turtle your penis and post an image of it and keep saying >it's not that small it's not that small
keep baiting them until one calls you a sissy boy and act extremely flustered so they all do it

I think the point of that post is that considering ssh as the only attack vector that could use a password based login is very stupid. Like seriously braindead. like what if mom comes down to the basement while you are out. Hence the mention of the shitter.
Learn to read.

what
>mom tries to sign into pc with ssh exploit
>mom tries to use ssh
>learn to read

How to manage programs in android? IF I try to shut them, system manager shuts all. Also is it possible to manually leave program run in background? As it shuts down once I hit 0 on screen, to get to main screen.

can we make arguments that are based around semantics illegal when the people actually agree on the same points otherwise?

How do I reinstall wpa_supplicant on arch linux if I can't connect to the internet in the first place?

It's often impossible to draw the line between semantics and an actual point

Is there an extension from chrome to disable the network connections temporarily? like a toggle button for a certain tab? I tried looking for it but cannot find anything.

Nevermind, seconds after posting this i found out the network tab in the dev tools has an "offline" checkbox, works as I want it to work.

>I open the catalog
>I ctrl+F something
>chrome claims it found it, but it's somewhere deep in the content of the OP so it doesn't show it and I still don't know which thread it is
how to fix this