MBP casual discussion best/worst aspects

Alright, my shitty joke/edit picture aside, what makes this machine feasible, I wanna hear everything it foes well, and everything it fails to do.

just werks

Also sorry that I am such an idiot, and failed to proofread my post.

>what makes this machine feasible
The logo on the back

I had one for about a year before selling it. Some points:
>the keyboard has extremely low travel, didn't really mind it
>the touch bar is a useless gimmick, the only thing I used it for was the volume slider
>the lack of useful ports is annoying as fuck
>the screen is fantastic, probably the best display on a laptop I've used
>the trackpad is brilliant

It doesn't shine, i'm so pissed off :((

The touch is amazing with video/photo viewing

Yeah, I always hear gud things about its screen. Didn't think the track pad would be that great, but that is good to hear.

>Great keyboard
>Great Screen
>Great OS (I'd honestly use mac over windows if it supported the same games and let me easily install it on my own built PC. Being built off UNIX lets you control with the terminal and program in C easily)
>Premium quality, my 2013 macbook is still working 100% after 4 years of constant usage

But it's still way over-priced for what it is. They hold their value though and they're easy to resell because of the brand name.

I've heard the touch bar can have weird driver issues and just isn't as polished as older generations of macs

Just bought one last Thursday on impulse, 10% sale on Mac shit. Colleague uses MacBook Air and aesthetically it looks great, it's so lightweight and he operates so efficiently without a mouse while I am struggling to keep open my magnitude of chrome tabs and windows with the budget Acer laptop that work provided to me (our nature of work is using netsuite and I have to have multiple windows open at once). Originally I wanted the 12inch MacBook , upgrade from the Air as I couldn't deal with not having the Retina display, guy explained the ram and processor were shit for the same price he could give me the entry level MPB, decided to go for it.

So far I would say I love it, although I am quite lost in what to do with it. Having fun finding lots of wallpapers that look good with the display, installed a few apps and now I'm just learning how to use Mac (first Mac). I use Ableton and also fuck about in photoshop so I'm glad I went with this model. Didn't enjoy the keyboard at first but now I think it's great, touchpad is so good I could probably operate like my colleague and ditch the mouse for ultimate portability (although I run dual screens). Battery life is good so far but I haven't really pushed it to the limit.

tl;dr very comfy laptop

Thanks blog

I want that screen. Rest is meh. Don't like the keyboard or the touchbar. Trackpad is supposed to be very good though.

I bought one last week because Windows 10 on my work laptop forced me into installing the Creators update or whatever dumb shit they named it. Totally killed the laptop, wifi is buggy and drops out, printer disconnected and won't connect, the start menu is literally obsolete and I try to avoid using it as much as possible. Windows is so fucking dumb I went out and bought my first Mac. Thanks Microsoft you dumb fucks

>Trackpad is good.
>OS has some nasty things you need to get used to, but is somewhat better as Windows.
>Keyboard on the new models is pure shit, older ones are good though
>Specs are good, but expensive
>Holds value really well
>Good selection of software
>Often embarassing software vulnerability issues
>touch bar is a meme
>USB-C is not mainstream (yet)
>Support is shit
>No repairs possible

>throttles like a son of a bitch
ftfy

got the new 13" 2017 model

>the touch bar is actually useful and doesn't get in the way as much as I expected
>the display is fantastic
>the touch pad and keyboard are good, but not great like previous MBP models
>you'll need dongles for the USB-C shit. Not annoying for me, but the only thing i use is the mouse

the bad things:

>the colored aluminum is soft as butter. I dropped mine out the car 10 cm and it got dinted up bad
>the finger print reader doesn't read half the time
>it's expensive

Not as great as the old MBP, but still worth it.

I got mine a few days ago after selling off my memecoins. I've never used a mac before and my previous laptops were the surface pro 1 and the ThinkPad t420/W520.

-The screen is amazing. No pwm dimming. Super high contrast. It's very comfortable to use and comparable to modern amoled smartphone.
-Trackpad is massive. It's super smooth as well. I always had problems moving my finger off the Trackpad and onto the chasis on my ThinkPad by accident so this is a big plus.
-Force touch isn't a meme. While you don't get the dexterity of a mouse I'm sure this is the closest we'll ever get.
-keyboard is okay. Some keys are super noisy and some doesn't make a sound at all. No key travel but VERY tactile. It kinda feels like cherry blues without bottoming out.
-touchbar is convenient for brightness and volume control. I'm worried about burn in though. Haven't modded it yet.
-the controllable dual fans goes up to 6000 rpm and is very quiet. It's audible but it won't bother you. Very similar to the amount of noise a hdd puts out - without the head seeking of course. I put heaven on for an hour and at 100% fan speed it peaked at 68c at around 86f ambient. My ThinkPad at 4000rpm sounds like a jet.
-speakers are enjoyable
-headphone jack has a very low noise floor. I have a pair of se846s and they are super sensitive and thus picks up any background noise.
-usb c charges pretty quick. maybe an hour to full charge. Haven't really paid any attention to it.

And to be legitimately honest for $2700 it's pretty underwhelming. But I'm keeping it because there aren't any real competitors.

>I always had problems moving my finger off the Trackpad and onto the chasis on my ThinkPad by accident so this is a big plus.

You didn't use the trackpoint?

This is probably the most honest post on the MBP I've seen here.

Been using my Air 11 for almost a year now, I don't think I can ever go back to using a Windows laptop, especially one that's running Windows 10 or newer. Before this, I had a ThinkPad T60 and a ThinkPad X200, both of which had Windows 7, and near the end Windows 8.1. The mac OS experience is far superior to Windows it's not even a contest.

>It Just Works (TM)
>Excellent built-in programs that are actually robust and full of features
>Everything is free with the OS
>Power management is so much better than Windows
>Trackpad is godlike, nothing can compare on Windows
>Keyboard is decent. The newer keyboard on the Macbook 12 is garbage, but the newer newer keyboard on the latest MBP models are better despite with the new design

My screen is about the only thing that sort of bottlenecks my mobile computing experience, but it's no big deal for me personally. And I love the metal exterior. Asus has gone a long way towards perfecting its MacBook copycats but even those pale in comparison.

I look forward to the day I can afford to get a 13-inch MBP without Touchbar, with at least 2 USB Type C ports. For now I will keep enjoying my Air 11, though I sometimes wish I had a more common display out port. DisplayPort mini is good but not as great as a proper HDMI port.

Nice bump from page 10 you fucking shill.

>literally one mactoddler copying and pasting switch stories from 9to5mac forums

Lots of apple shill threads on the rise. It looks like the marketing team at apple has hired some firm to canvas a Zimbabwean jenkem consortium with pro apple threads. Remember, if theres one thing apple is actually good at, it is dealing with marketing.

Seriously though, dat keyboard. Its like they want to turn all MBPs into iPads so they're purposely trying to get people used to typing on awful touch keyboards.

Also notice how all these people talk similar. Really makes you think.......

Trackpoint is a meme and shit

>t. subhuman mactoddler

> moving your fingers away from home-row to move the mouse

Jesus christ it's like you hate convenience, ergonomics, and efficiency all at the same time.

>the trackpad is brilliant
Personally I preferred the trackpad on older MBPs.
THis one has (just a little) worse texture, harder and shallower click and is just too big horizontally - and thus too easy to touch accidentally

Have mid 2012 fag book, breatty good and here is why.

>Just werks. Problems are infrequent and are easy to solve, won't require you to plow through shit windowsn installing separate software components.
>Amazing screed, decent keyboard and and (one of the) best trackpad at that time, gestures are actually useful.
>Great battery life both ways, only started to lose charge en mass after 3rd year.
>Good build, so squeaking, feels premium, no cheap shit plastic, also light.

Was still pretty expensive at that time, but nothing else came close to it's consistency and quality, also vista really pushed me into OS X. Pretty disappointed in the new one but I get where they are going to. Will probably hold till next release with better CPU and just hook in external GPU with high siera, or just keep mine forever and build a PC.