Why is that so many people believe they have the right to have Nvidia and AMD support on Linux?

Why is that so many people believe they have the right to have Nvidia and AMD support on Linux?
Who told you Linux was made for gaming?

If you want to play video games go to SteamDRMPowered.com or buy a FreeBSD system like PS4

Gamers are cancer of the PC community. Sup Forums is the cancer of Sup Forums and r/pcmasterrace is the cancer of Reddit. I wish all the manchildren playing video games were still on console so I could discuss technology without all the waste of air whining about their gaming performance. I'd be glad if we didn't have drivers. The scum is slowly transfering to Linux as well.

best comment of the day

Why is that so many people believe they have the right to play gaymen on PC?
Who told you PC was made for gaming?

If you want to play video games go to a store and buy a console like PS4

>some user pointing out a negative aspect of product you are shilling?
>just cry Sup Forumsidiot

When one product offers a feature set the other doesn't you naturally want the one lacking to offer it as well.

Calling a rights is what /r/ayyymd faggots would say because their brand offers shit Linux support.

Thanks, appreciate the (you). I remember when I played video games in my teens, sure it was fun and all. But fucking hell I'm already 25 and people of my age are still wasting literally weeks doing nothing else but playing video games. At least I'm doing something with my life and practicing skills that will (eventually) help me get a job.

While I eagerly study programming and CS during my spare time, the people I study with barely pass the programming classes and keep up with the education. They just play animu games on their laptops during the lectures and discuss their newest WoW gear. I bet 90% of the current Sup Forums community belongs into the group that still plays games at 25.

>he appreciates and understands programming
>except programs whose purpose is to entertain

You are the manchild you are trying to avoid becoming by deriding people for playing video games. They are perfectly legitimate and important uses of this technology.

want to play games? buy Steam machine, Alienware windows 10 and get out of linux

>You are the manchild you are trying to avoid becoming by deriding people for playing video games
Buy a separate windows 10 machine or ps4/ps4pro.
problem fixed.

>t. Bitter virgins who hate everyone who has fun.
Not everyone who uses computers is a code monkey or a '''''''''''programmer'''''''''''.

you have no power here. you pajeets are bossy little fucks.

>mods pls delete
>mods pls ban
>reee go back to Sup Forums

>the only thing gpus can be used for is gaming
>linux is not the major platform for machine learning
enlighten me on the usages of graphic processing units running on an os made by a bunch of guys

That sounds like those people have bigger problems than non-sentient computer code. Do you think spoons make people fat?

Video games can't make you fail at school, only you can do that. The video games are just a fucking object.

Blaming inanimate objects for human failures is the sign of an imbecile.

>HE STILL THINKS HE HAS THE RIGHT OF AMD/NVIDIA SUPPORT ON LINUX
you people destroy the linux community by making distros bundle nvidia bloatware support out of the box

>Video games can't make you fail at school, only you can do that. The video games are just a fucking object.
Video games are ok. Nvidia/amd whores asking for driver support aren't

lol

thats a lot of assumptions. I rarely use linux and when I do it's debian netinstall.

calm your tits man we just like good hardware

>t. Bitter faggot who hates everyone who is productive.
Not everyone who uses computers is a '''''''''''gaymer'''''''''''.

>Why is that so many people believe they have the right to have Nvidia and AMD support on Linux?
I don't have a right to it, but neither do they have a right to my hard earned money.

>Who told you Linux was made for gaming?
Linux is made for just about any kind of software and is generally (if not categorically) better than NT and XNU at it.

>If you want to play video games go to SteamDRMPowered.com or buy a FreeBSD system like PS4
Or I could just do what I've done for the past 5 years and play games on Linux.

There's not a single distro that would bundle nvidia's blob over nouveau

U mad, virgin freetard programmer?

/thread

But I have Nvidia support on Linux, the drivers are just not open source. Nvidia is good for Maya and similar CG software, it's also good for CUDA and Deep Learning.

Also, gaymers are the cancer of Sup Forums. I'd prefer crypto currency miners here instead.

>lost virginity last month
>at age 24
>don't know if I should feel concerned by those insults anymore
maybe I should ask /r9k/

>25
>still taking classes
>"""""""""eventually""""""""" will get a job
>b-but at least I'm not playing video games!
You're just sad

what does wanting to have proper drivers have to do with gayming

graphics drivers are also important for HTPCs and video editing

can we stop this fox and grapes bullshit? gaymen has been the top source of GPU innovation since the industry's inception. the technology behind video games covers a shitload of advanced CS and IT principles. the technical aspects that surround the development and playing of video games absolutely does belong on Sup Forums.

twat.

Nouveau is a part of mesa, but compared to amdgpu it's complete shit.

tell me 1 use of discrete GPU in linux

>he didn't have sex during high school

nouveau is not "complete shit". I know it sounds disingenuous but really, the only thing it doesn't do well is performance. in my experience it's been a lot more stable, well maintained and easier to deploy and use than nvidia's proprietary blob.

I was talking about the retards spamming this board with their consumerist's bullshit, not about the industry. But yes, their money help for research.

Deep Learning

>At least I'm doing something with my life and practicing skills that will (eventually) help me get a job.
>eventually

>The scum is slowly transfering to Linux as well.
Excellent. NO TUX, NO BUX

>the only thing it doesn't do well in is performance
So, it fails at the only thing that matters?

*tips fedora*

you wanted one thing
you got one thing

Yeah, it also doesn't properly support anything newer than 2 year.

Having picture on a PC with no iGPU.

How much did you pay her?

>doesn't understand the utility of a powerful GPU for doing research in HPC
how does it feel to stroke your own ego when you're actually just as casual and shit as the gamers you hate?

Getting my masters this year. Actually have a job (webdev though), eventually getting a better one.

Fuck linux, I'm just downloading steamOS and partitioning my HDD for games

SteamOS is linux

>spyware with 2% of linux
>linux
AHAHAA

SteamOS is GANOO PLUS Linux minus autism.

It's just riced Ubuntu