localhost:631,
youtube.com/watch?v=0GtPiQmaQ4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2017
>having anything but a Brother printer

>2017,579
>still using a printer

what for?

I run two $20 canon lazer and epson inkjet.
I dont give a shit to be honest they work.

I'm slowly converting my work to brother printers

The absolute best B&W AIO.
Duplex scan, duplex print, Brother.

Printing.

GOAT

What printer brands don't cuck you with "buy a new printer goy" messages?

The oldschool PCL HP LaserJets. They work on any OS as long as they have a PCL driver (which they all do, even old OSes from the 90s)

Brother.

who /deskjet/ here?
c'mon guys, I can't be the only one.

>printer
>haven't used one in 9 years
stop living in the nineties guys.

>deskjet

>I can't be the only one.
Yes you are. You will die alone.

I am.

>O, W, E, R, T, 7, | |, |, O, P

I'm looking for a printer for use at home with University, which should I get?

All I have are some old brother cartridges from their pro line

This but Laserjet 5M

Should've gotten one with color

One rung below 4M.
>LJ4's replaced in career:0
>LJ5's replaced:2

I have that same printer. Its pretty good tier for under $100

Mine's a HP Photosmart C3140 all in one from 2006. Still kicking. HP still supplies ink for it.

brother>>>hp>>>anything else

>2017
>no epson stylus tx105

They use the exact same print engine so they are pretty much equal in terms of reliability.

I actually have it up for sale because my girlfriend is demanding a color printer :(

For the three or four times a year I actually have to print something outside of work, this is fine.

Brother Mfc-L2720dw, black and white laser. Great printer. I'm very, very happy with it.

Get cucked

HP 940c from the year 2000. I only have it for sentimental reasons but it works fine.

hp 3055. Got it for free. It is decent

What's the best technology for color? Laser? Inkjet? Gel? Thermal?

Seriously, its beyond rare that I ever have to print anything. If I do, I'll just go do it at a FedEx Office down the street.

bubblejet

>mfw this is a thing

I print everything at work IN COLOR....

I'm the IT guy though so I gotta change that shit jokes on me.

Pretty much just sits there. Couldn't configure ubuntu to it.

My printer at work is a Sharp AR-5516N, it only supports Windows, so I can't print on it. Actually, all programmers on our floor can't print due to this. I don't fucking know how can there exist a printer not supported by CUPS, but there is.

It's piss easy really. Go to localhost:631, go to administration -> add printer.

You guys don't have an old tower around that you can just boot windows on and set up as a print station? That's what I would do. Talk to the systems guy, if he isn't a dick I don't see why he would be a dick about it.

yet you felt the need to come into a thread about printers. interesting.

I don't know why, but our IT stuff doesn't care. Besides, how would this work, when the printer doesn't understand postscript, it uses its own proprietary language?

found this cool video

youtube.com/watch?v=0GtPiQmaQ4k

Go to an appropriate manager and raise a stink saying its affecting your groups work. Seriously if they can't shell out a couple hundred bucks for a printer I'd start polishing up my resume for another pay raise hike elsewhere.

I tried everything including that and installing drivers from brother's website. The printer is connected to the router with wifi and the windows machine in my house has no problem printing. The Ubuntu one detects and sees the printer but just doesn't print.

Any recommendations for a fairly priced home printer?

Color, double side print, scanning bed.

Preferably Brother.

>Not living 15 minutes down the road from work in a comfy country setting.
>Not having your own swipe card access to the building 24/7.
>Not having your own Fuji-Xerox-Docucentre.

Why bother buying a printer?

Canon MF4690, one of my best IT related purchases, on pair with wrt54gs router and mx518 mouse.

Missing only duplexer on sheet feeder and there's no support for cloud services but scans on smb share and does smtp transfer to google drive.

Ever tried printing text or bitmap with it?