Name one thing that Windows 10 can do better than MacOS. I'll wait

Name one thing that Windows 10 can do better than MacOS. I'll wait.

Hardmode: no bringing alternative OS's with less than 1 percent marketshare and zero support or professional software into the conversation, kthx

hogging all the internet bandwidth

Run a wide range of software natively.

Gaming

Getting infected with ransomware.

How do i buy a copy of macOS?

Actually support better hardware.

Gaming, Engineering Software, Better software library in general, hardware support, Support for touch screens.

You can't; Apple gives it away.
But you must own a Mac.

OS X is free so long as you can access a Mac to download it...

It's only 30$, while i paid a 100$ for win7, so it would've been tempting

It doesn't just werk on PC's though?

OP, you should specify that you want factual answers because there's no accounting for taste.

i doubt anybody in his trailer park has a Mac

Aren't macs literally just pc's nowadays though?
aesthetics aside

Not legally requiring you to install it on an overpriced piece of shit known as "mac"

But you can't just install it on a non-Mac.

That's the problem. Macs are fucking shit in 2017. I love OS X but I can't stand apple hardware.

macOS*

Macintosh Operating System 10*

everyone who wants to macos on a slapped together junkyard "computer" needs to remember that, unlike windows, the mac environment is unpolluted and the os is specifically tailored to run on apple machines. if you are running a 'hackintosh' you are not taking advantage of the full power and vision of the macos developers. it is like drinking a fine wine through a straw holding your nose. do yourself a favor and buy a mac, they do cost a bit more than a windows PC but you are getting your money's worth.

Graphics drivers that actually follow the OpenGL standard instead of doing whatever the hell they want.

Fancy screens and a bunch of proprietary ports isn't really an excuse to shut out the open hardware market is it?

You're not wrong but Hackintoshes with the right hardware are really pleasant. They ARE just Intel PCs in aluminum chassis' mate, nothin special about them unless you're on a laptop

they dropped the x last year sweetie xx

You don't need a Mac™ to run macOS. Almost any PC with almost any Intel processor and a 9 or 10 series GPU can be made to run macOS. My x220 works real well on it, save for the awful resolution my x220 has.
Get cancer

I know all that, but still I fucking hate new macbooks. I used to have a retina MBP and a PC with hackintosh (with dualboot into windows for gayming), but after seeing the new macbooks I switched back onto Thinkpad+Linux setup (and replaced hackintosh on PC with linux too).

The ONLY thing I miss is font rendering. It's undeniably superior on Apple products and Linux sucks dick with fonts, no matter how many hours tweaking font rendering configuration you spend.

Don't even need the aluminium chassis. But a decent spec hackintosh is a real pleasure to use. More so than an actual Mac™©®

I know, but I still like to call macs Macintosh and the os "OS X".

Have you tested out being 80+ IQ or 80> years old?

>esl

The shill is afraid we'll say the L word.

Guess it wouldn't be a fair fight if we brought that to the table.

yes macs are literally personal computers

Never buying a macbook again in mylife.
This fucker has a glitchy lower screen, Constantly restarts and is overall slow as shit.
Lesson learned Anons.

>inb4 feels good sticker

Although it may not seem like much there, In person it's pretty obvious and it flickers.
I would understand if it was less than $1000 but this was $2000.

I'm not ESL. Learn to use greentext properly, fuckwit.

Aesthetics, build quality, display quality, reliability, battery power, convenience, seamlessness and comfort aside, yes, Macs are just PCs.

do they not like amd chipsets?

When did you buy it? Is it still in warranty?

Install a MacOS on a slow machine.
Install Windows on a slow machine.

- Notice the difference.

Only reason Macs are fast is because they use powerful (but overpriced) hardware.
- - - -
* Windows runs executables (.exe) . While it makes it easily hit by malwares, it also allow you to run games, applications in that format. Most of the games are designed for windows, and don't even tell me about some stupid shit like PlayOnMac, cause that would just show how stupid you are.

* A well tuned linux distro can pretty much do everything a Mac does, better, and faster. If you like a Mac, you're probabely either a degenerate hipster or a pussy that is afraid of getting rid of MacOS because he doesn't even know how it works.

* I use windows for games, photoshop and some dev (C# for instance, not that I like it, but you gotta pay your rent). The rest of the time, I'm under linux. I have tried OS X on my machine once, it ran considerably slower than both linux and windows.

>not esl
>Have you tested out being 80+ IQ

learn english, pajeet

>Aesthetics
Literally the worst and gayest shit about Apple products. Thinkpads have aesthetics, macs are thin, shiny and rounded pieces of shit that no self-respecting man will use.

Pretty sure it is hopefully, The start of this year.

>Name one thing that Windows 10 can do better than MacOS.

Work on virtually any hardware you bought in the last 10 years?

Have DirectX optimisations which make games have better performance than macs?

Allow you to install other shells?

Have an interface that is made for adults, not kids?

See? Easy.

Peripherics compatibility

As in, you need to llok in the box/blister/whatever to see if it is Mac compatible, if you're a windows user you don't look for shit, you just plug it in your USB and it just works.

>can be made to run macOS.
Hackintosh need not apply.

I would rather run Linux as a desktop OS.

Appleshit comes with a 1-year warranty. Send it in for repairs.

Alright , Thanks for the advice user.

You could get win 10 for as cheap as 20-ish dollars on so many places. Just typing "windows 10 key" will net you so many results.

I'd rather type MSToolkit.

>Name one thing that Windows 10 can do better than MacOS
Costing less.

Noob detected.
The operating system has nothing to do with the overall cost of the computer. You're doing it wrong.

but what if you get upsold on solitaire premium collection then what

having a decent taskbar

Run multiple GPU of nvidia, a lot hardware support, best explorer files,best image viewer,smooth desktop acceleration, amazing web browser.

Superior keyboard shortcuts

The only superior keyboard shortcuts are Emacs ones

>Implying that market share is a sign of product quallity
Windows naturally does everything better than MacOS because it can run on actually good hardware that is not dual cores running at 1GHz.

multiple GPU of nvidia

Not fucking up with SMB protocol and supporting 100% of its features/commands.

they were never made to run on them
a bit of hacking will only give u a greatly reduced performance/$, even with shitels money grabbing faggotry

>installing other shells
you don't need a new shell if the default one isnt actual shit on ur hd
but macOS allows u to get an actual good window manager that isn't built into the fucking OS and the best piece of shit u can get is some garbage made in some op language like AHK

>better performance for gayming
heard of how all the big new titles are gonna support vulcan winfag?

>interface made for adults, not kids?
heard of ricing dipshit?

Downloading Linux for an install.

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the thread

makes no sense, learn english tripfag

>Name one thing that Windows 10 can do better than MacOS. I'll wait.
1 Run on good hardware.
2 Handle intense workloads
3 run Solidworks, ANSYS, Siemens NX (actual prfessional software, not your CrEaTiVe garbage)
4 Not be a toy
5 Be a better toy (Gay Ming)

read/write NTFS

Fedora > Debian > Ubuntu > OS X > Windows 7 > everything else > Windows 10

Prove me wrong. The "professional software" argument is invalid when it's just Adobe products and a handful of CAD programs, most of which run ok in WINE. Sup Forums is a tech enthusiast board and GNU distros are perfect for home use now.

Nice pasta from yesterday evening.

>most of which run ok in WINE
kek

spy on its users

True

False

macOS comes free (as in free beer) with a Mac computer. However you can buy early Mac OS X versions like Mountain Lion from Apple's website for $20, or you can buy other versions on ebay. If you start at Mountain Lion you can update to the latest version of macOS for free (as in free beer, again) through the App Store.

If you mean support for a wider variety of hardware, you're correct. Otherwise it's debatable.

True but OpenGL is getting outdated. Metal is their now go to. It would have been nice if Vulkan was supported natively as well though.

Untrue, a regular MacBook has pretty horrible specs and runs fine.

macOS UI is way more professional looking than Windows 10's UI, in my opinion. Look at all the colorful squares that you have to push in the start menu. The only "childish" UI someone could say about macOS is the Dock, but that's just a bunch of application icons in a bar, these should be recognizable for the user, hence why most designers of these icons make them look appealing and nice. Flat squares and icons scattered randomly in the ribbon does not mean adult interface. What's funny is that the f.lux version implemented in Windows is called Night Light, aka the tiny lamp a kid needs to sleep and to not be scared in the dark. On macOS it's called Nightshift, which implies that there is actually work being done.

False, macOS costs nothing, unless you count getting Mountain Lion, which costs $20 compared to ~$100 for a legitimate consumer license of Windows 10 and earlier.

If you're used to how Windows handles a 'taskbar' then I guess you're right since that concept doesn't exist as a single UI element on macOS. However, if this means that it's better for productivity or other reasons are highly debatable.

Correction, it's Snow Leopard that is available for purchase without owning a Mac.

A working mail client.
It might be horrible for anyone using not a Microsoft email service, but at least it fucking works

You can install it google hackintosh

Mail.app has worked flawlessly for me for years. What are you on about?

install gentoo

Keep thermals down
battery life management
Better file explorer.
Playing games.
Streaming.
Media creation (Photoshop and Illustrator are breddy comfy on Mac tho, but thats the software not the OS)
You name it pal.
>Hardmode: no bringing alternative OS's with less than 1 percent marketshare and zero support or professional software into the conversation, kthx
Literal babby who knows his $2000 babbyputer with Core i7 Babbylake: Throttling Edition will be beaten by any thinkpad, no matter the OS

Getting malware.

>Keep thermals down
This is OS independent. Macs regulate their fans automatically. Thermals getting too high was a thing that started since 2015 because Apple thought that a quieter computer is a better computer.
>battery life management
Actually, macOS is better with this than most OSes. In Windows you have to manually enable different "power profiles" meanwhile on macOS this goes automatically, for example: macOS has seemless GPU switching which means that the dedicated GPU only gets powered when it's actually needed, meanwhile the user won't notice a thing. Safari is way more power efficient than Chrome. And applications are put automatically in a low power consumption "mode" when they aren't focussed anymore.
>Better file explorer.
In what way? Finder is a really decent file explorer if you ask me.
>Playing games.
True.
>Streaming.
This really depends on what you mean by "streaming".
>Media creation
MacOS can ship with Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro X preinstalled. I'd also argue that it's way more consistent in the way it handles key modifiers throughout these and third party media creation programs. Versions is also a nice thing to have, your files get automatically saved every minute or so, as well as you pause for a brief moment. You can then apply these changes by saving the file manually. You can also browse each and every single saved version of the file side by side with your current one, copy over items or revert the whole file itself. All available out of the box. On top of that, you change the name of a file in Finder and if it's still open, it'll update that information in the application that has it open without it saying that the file cannot be found or has to be 'updated'.

Dominating the pc market.

>macos costs nothing

So I can legally get a copy of macos, even if I never gave any money to apple?

>redhat doesn't exist

off yourself kike

Can you read? I said that it comes free if you buy a Mac, as well as upgrade to a new version on your macOS computer. If you want to get it legally without buying a Mac, you have to pay Apple $20.

Transparancy

Not getting the wheel of death

1366x768 TN displays with craptastic viewing angles

HDD's in 2017

Typical "Macs are overpriced" computer.

Should I Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? I heard that Windows10 is a bot fest but Microsoft stopped support of Windows 7.

No

What can I do then? I like Windows 7 and I don't really want to transition to another OS.

Stay on 7, you got until 2020 if you worry about security updates.

Run Windows applications. Done.

No need to bring up Linux, you're comparing Windows and Mac OS X only, and one might as well flex the massive muscle that Windows has over everything else: running software designed only to run on desktop Windows, which is far more numerous than Mac-only software.

And yeah, some of it can be run in Wine, but strictly speaking, every other Unix system can do that just fine.

Ads, tekemetry, Candy Crush, built-in antivirus which u can't disable, uwp meme, etc.

Tell me when to stop faggot, win10 is the best.

Windows can keep the computer on when you close the lid.

MAC FAG BTFO

I had the "privilege" of using them all the way through school. Wanted to burn down the school afterwards on each occasion.

NTFS and HFS+ both suck dog dick.

I've done it a handful of times without any real difficulty.
Drivers for my hardware has been a different story, of course.

Applel just released a new filesystem tho

>HFS2.0