What do you guys think about Linus Media Group?

What do you guys think about Linus Media Group?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3t1PQJmM8P4
youtu.be/kU3BceoMuaA?t=40m59s
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG49S3nxzAnmlC1ZsppuM7yleDuYCMHrv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't stand effeminate men.

This. I cringe so fucking much watching this dude.

It's too bad, 'cause I like the over the top builds he does, like that 16k setup he's working on now. Reminds me of shit like boot magazine, before tech journalism focused on the poorfags.

I have no idea how I was able to watch him for quite a long time

Almost all of his videos are full to the brim with advertisements and sponsors with Linus having no clue about anything at all and letting his staff do everything for him

His video where he complained that he spend $100K+ on a RED Camera was the final nail in the coffin for me, that was just stupid

Link?

But don't say afterwards I haven't warned you
youtube.com/watch?v=3t1PQJmM8P4

He is nice.

His videos are not super techy but he is very entertaining. I mostly watch his videos for the entertainment than for anything else.

Not perfect, but generally they stick to the truth and deliver everything you need on time with plenty of benchmarks. Good especially if you want to get a less tech literate friend into the pc building ecosystem.

Why is deadmau5 wearing cat ears

I do like their videos, its light entertainment.

cuz he caught the dead mau5

When i first saw him i thought 'Christ, this guys fucking jew york accent is so whiny, i bet no one watches this shit' ... then i saw the views.

Have no clue how this guy became a significant figure in tech review.
This is only further proof that gaymurs need to be eradicated from society.

I think you need to stop trying to shill yourself here Linus. No one here wants to watch your shitty gaming channel, I think reddit is more your speed.

Most comments here like linus. So just because you don't like linus doesn't mean he isn't popular here.

Most comment here don't like linus. I hate him in videos anymore and most of the work they been putting out is half ass just to hurry up and get content out. His intentionally fucking things up/breaking thinking its entertainment just bothers tf out of most. He did a good job with his company, but its time he gets out of the videos himself.

Most comments here like linus.

I'm sorry you're so triggered and jealous of his success. I hope you find some success in your own personal life.

LOL what an ass. Is this humble bragging taken to the next level? 'Look at how much money I can spend on sweet cameras.'

There are much better tech YouTubers out there. In fact, I'm not sure anyone could really describe the appeal behind Linus.

It's like buying a Lamborghini and then complaining online that the parts are so expensive

Fuck off

He's subtle bragging. Marques Brownlee bought a red camera first and he was NOT going to be upstaged.

Look at THIS shill

Calling people shill is outdated. Most people realize that no one gets paid to post things on Sup Forums.

Linus is awesome. Most people think linus is awesome. This makes you upset, I understand that, but there's no reason to act like a child.

I'm a cinematographer (most of the time, else I'm Best Boy, Gaffer, Focus Puller, Camera Operator etc.) and I agree with Linus on this one being overpriced as fuck.

I refuse to purchase any Red gear because of it, I'd rather stay with Arri even though you don't have the same bragging rights.

Even Red's video formats are unnecessarily huge. In the end it just ends up on YouTube all compressed to hell. Unless you are making cinematic movies or high end commercials you do not need a Red anything.

I think you are both retarded and ignorant. You should go back to Sup Forums

Most people don't think Linus is awesome, especially on here. To think otherwise is delusional incorrect thinking. And yes some people ARE paid to post on Sup Forums, as we know astroturfing when we see one.

Are you retarded or is this bait?

Cool. Keep living in your paranoid state of mind.

WE COULD ALL BE PAID RUSSIAN SHILLLSSSSSSW

OMGGGGG THERES ONE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!

Seriously though. Linus is great. His youtube states reflect that. People love him.

>Not even denying it
Ayy lmao
>Thinks views reflect quality
Lol, no
Stay mad faggot. His voice is shit

Techmoan is better. In fact, I think he is on Sup Forums simply based on this segment on his video.

youtu.be/kU3BceoMuaA?t=40m59s

You would think that in 2017 the guy would feel comfortable coming out already.

>t. closet homos
don't worry duders it's 2017, it's okay now.

"he's j-just lik us"
"Where can i don8 to him?"

Making money out of technology without contributing anything to the developed of such.
Linus and his company are only marketeers, they're not trying to make technology better, they're only pushing consumerist crap down your throats.
If you enjoy watching ads unironically you need to rethink what you're doing with your life.

Lazy basic content 90% of the time

Gets mad at a third party reviewer for contributing their own information so that Nvidia AMD and Intel can't just shove bullshit down everyone's throat. Nice job Fascist niggnogg

Linus is decent enough. He's really not doing much to worsen YouTube, so he's okay in my books. I'm sure I'd get well enough along with him, too.

I don't watch him often, but I saw his tour of deadmau5' home yesterday, and that was amazing. After that I watched like three hours of coffee runs, though.

so whats the problem? sounds like a good way to make money

i love him

he's fuckin awesome
i wish he'd come out as trans and transition on show.

well looky loo, another linus shill thread

remember to REPORT, SAGE AND HIDE guys

Except he's not even a reliable reviewer. He gets paid by companies to show off their product and he does his best to say only positive things about the products and rarely actually tell you the cons.

JUST

He even made a video about this bullshit you're saying.

Any "tech" channel that uses less than 60fps on their videos is shit by default.

Usually I hate YouTube people but they're alright. Coincidentally I was watching a wan show video last night and it was surprisingly entertaining.

I'd fuck him, but his wife is pretty cute too.

Why would you spend this much on a camera when youtube compresses it to garbage

You're going to start losing hair eventually too, you know.

Linus is fine. I like Lazy Game Reviews myself tho

He's okay. Linus looks like his skull is fighting to get out of his skin though

He's a genius marketeer who uses his "whacky personality" to make money off normies.

views.

Didn't Edzel get lasik to correct his vision and now I see him still wear glasses? wtf

he's a hipster

I'd go gay for him. He looks like he'd be a good bottom.

pls confirm OP

>Shill itt
Fucking hell

This
16k gaming, 1 cpu 7 gamers were good but his general videos is a fringe fest

Any man dressing like a child (just look at those ears) aint worth shit

t. current year cuck man

Lamborghinis are turds, if you're not a nigger or some oil shiek's son you'd get a Porsche

basted

Need to work more on his kernel and make a fucking compiler.

You're all just jealous that he's gets to come home to this

>tfw no cats

I watch your videos once in a while.

I see his wife brought dinner.

it's because not only can he read the details from the OEM's website, but he can put it in a convenient video

that's why the Lamborghini is the perfect example

Nigs start complaining once they go bankrupt

Or if you're Superspeeders Rob

techman is great
I also like The 8-Bit Guy, Druaga1, and Lazy Game Reviews

WAN show is good because it has someone else other than Linus

Whoever does colour correction on the videos needs firing because in loads of the newer videos it looks like he has jaundice in his arms and hands, and quite often on his face

or maybe he actually has jaundice

70k usd camera + retard people.

she's like a worse looking version of Mantis

Linus Shill Tips is
80% 20% Whether he should be posted on Sup Forums is debatable.
It is a fact however that:
- He leans more towards entertainment than being educational (even if it is 9gag level entertainment for retarded people).
- His reviews are geared mostly towards gamers and 13-year-olds rather than actual tech enthusiasts.
- He doesn't actually know much about tech beyond the level an average gamer knows.
- He is mainly a marketer and brand shill, rather than a tech(nician) or a tech hobbyist.
A tech hobbyist is interested in much more than just the narrow gaming tech field.
A Sup Forums related Youtuber should at least be involved in actual projects and wikis or reverse engineering and repair,
tangible and defined involvement like Wendell for instance.
That is to say: His reviews of hardware are shallow and scratch the surface, and the same goes for software,
because that is his maximum capacity and any more would end up with him looking stupid with every word (and he already has instances of speaking stupidity on the shallow level of hardware discussion).

I believe that banning LTT from Sup Forums would increase Sup Forums's general quality pertaining to the board's main topic: Technology.

I also believe that moving LTT to Sup Forums would also increase Sup Forums's general quality pertaining to video gaming since getting a bit educated on how gaming hardware works would reduce stupid GPU/CPU wars threads.

His wife is a Johj.
Never trust a man who would marry a Johj.

LinusShillTips isn't Sup Forums. It's .

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic Sup Forums related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to .

He is prosumer trash that appeals to the same audience as CSI: Cyber. They're both packed with about the same amount of useful information.

He couldn't make his Cisco router work. He couldn't make his pfSense router work. He couldn't build a 1u server so "1u servers are teh sux". He clipped parts off his 2u server to get components to fit. He tried to build a NAS. He did that terrible 10Gbe LAN implementation. And He tried to water cool his house with hilarious results.

He is as amateur as they come but he's too stupid to see it. His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously. Good on him for fleecing them but anyone who follows his bullshit is dumber than Linus. I've only ever seen part of one of his videos and I thought it was an April fool's day show until someone pointed out they were all like that. I've gotten wind of all his other fuckups second hand.

If someone advertises in his show I won't buy their product. I'm assuming it doesn't work and they have to pay someone to shill to the ignorant masses.

His show looks like a high school project that didn't work and he's always trying to figure it out at the last minute while the judges are watching.

His wife looks like a Japanese urban legend monster. I know she's probably Korean or Viet but she looks like something out of Japanese lore that greets you on the street after dark and eats your skin if you don't tell her where her dead daughter is buried.

Linus can theoretically be a shill of everything Sup Forums loves, and Sup Forums will still rightfully hate him because mutual agreements on certain products don't magically invalidate that he is a dumb faggot shill who should be posted on the dedicated containment gaymer board for tech retards instead of Sup Forums.

Every time he does a sponsorship video, he downplays problems and basically lies for money to underage people on YouTube;
often contradicting things he previously said in the past.
I guess you could say that's the point of sponsorship, but still, the man makes a living by lying to kids about tech which translates to kids making hefty mistakes spurred by a shill. He's human trash.

How accurate is the information from a guy who was never involved in any tech project, doesn't know any programming, never learned or had hands-down experience with hardware, and simply doesn't have any knowledge that a tech-hobbyist would have?
About as accurate as the knowledge of an average gamer, which is to say misleading and always false beyond a basic bare minimum level.

Nice copy pasta.

Linus is good if you want condensed information and don't have the time or knowledge to get it from the original source. So he's not a creator of “original” content but he does disseminate and sum up information in a way that normies can understand.

>he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himsel
Or he was too busy doing everything else he does that he didn't have time to research and write them?

>which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it)
Shit happens, sometimes

>she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars
rude

>He pays his faggot employees minimum wage
That's kind of shitty, but it wouldn't be so bad if minimum wage was actually a useful wage

Will my petite asian wife orgasm all over Luke's fat cock while I wait in my cuckshed? Click my face to learn more!

This, I want a big hairy man to strangle me and make me choke on his dick.

>Linus is good if you want condensed information
No.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG49S3nxzAnmlC1ZsppuM7yleDuYCMHrv

Professor Messer is an actual Sup Forums related person for that shit, and not an ignorant gaymer retard.

>So he's not a creator of “original” content but he does disseminate and sum up information in a way that normies can understand.
No, he spreads misinformation to normies and then they misunderstand.
Like making them release toxic materials into an oven from baking a GPU and ruining an appliance that costs way more than computers.
The faggot had to be called out on this by multiple people to stop it.
Not even to get into his 90C CPU scandal.

>Or he was too busy doing everything else he does that he didn't have time to research and write them?
Or he is a dumb faggot who can't explain shit without being wrong, and decided to have a fallback person.

>Shit happens, sometimes
Always in LTT's case.

>rude
Roaches are rude in appearance.

limp-wristed girly man lashes out the only way he knows: passive-aggressive insults

KEK

A little bit of Linus goes a long way, dude gets old fast. Luke on the other hand is as lovable as they come.

Question though, how do they afford all this shit? I know they get sent free shit often but is it just youtube ad revenue that pays for that? They get a lot of views but the other turds who get huge youtube views don't pay out the ass for shit like Linus does.

It's all free shit and underage buying their shirts and mugs, and also a subscription service on another site.
YouTube has halved ad revenue 2 years ago or such even before the latest fiasco which itself also butchered ad revenue.
There's not much in youtube revenue left to gain.
The question you want to ask is how much his expenses are and how much his personal income is, because equating the company profits/losses to a net gain probably ends up too meager for the amount of shit he does that cancels out living a life.

Free stuff, ad revenue from their 3 channels and forum, sponsoring, paid product placements, and merch

They have done one or two videos for some other company, but it was only one or two and it was a few years ago

he's surprised me a lot, positively and negatively. sometimes he strikes me as absolutely clueless and other times he'll change my mind by saying something astute.

he seems to have extensive industry knowledge but as a technical journalist he gets utterly destroyed by the likes of Wendell.

Retards that have no actual knowledge about what they talk about. They're no different to tech shows on TV.
Honestly, they have their place, but it's way too high level for me. Their target audience is teenagers.

Can't see him cause i use adblocker.

I go through phases of enjoying his videos whilst knowing it's a bit limited, and absolutely hating him and his videos

It's the interesting projects like whole room water-cooling and 7 gamers 1 PC that keep me entertained and stuff like his so-called """""""networking"""""" videos that make me realise he thinks he knows more than he actually knows

Find a camera that shoots 8k 60fps

Why does it need to be in 8K when most people still use 1080p and very few people are going to need to watch a video on a CPU from 2017 in 10 years time?