Have you changed your thermal paste g/ ?

Have you changed your thermal paste \g/ ?

changed thermal paste? I'm using the stock cooler man, fuck doing thermal paste yourself

i wanted to do that when i first got my computer
but i just put it together and i didnt fele like taking apart

APPLYING THERMAL PASTE FOR A FEW LESS C'S ON YOUR CPU IS NOT WORTH IT! ITS A MEME!

Yeah a year ago on my laptop.

>being a pastelet
seriously hope

thermal paste change is easy though

No reason to bother, I need to replace half of the other parts in my PC which will necessitate a new CPU anyway.

are you using liquid metal or mayo user , tell us

I replaced 9 year old paste on an old PC recently. It had completely solidified, though the CPU temps weren't that bad really.

I'm out of toothpaste

Just changed the thermal paste that came with my CPU 4 years ago, I dropped from 70C° to 30C° idle

contact cleaner is the best thing for caked on paste, it literally dissolves it no matter how hard its gotten.

Not on a 8yo vaio laptop

not on a thinkpad

i use artic mx-4 desu

but I JUST built this fucking thing

was I supposed to change it before installing?

mate I haven't even touched the inside of my computer case for 4 years

if you used the paste that was already applied on a cooler then you don't need to reapply it

do you brush your teeth with baking soda

Yes it didn't do dick on my GPU which is still getting to 85C

It wouldn't be concerning but the smell of burnt shit is not so pleasant

but that's thermal paste m8

I applied it on my 1080 a few months ago and my CPU a few days ago. MX-4 in both cases. Thanks for asking!

my cpu started getting nearly hot enough to boil water so i changed my paste and cleaned fans

dropped to sub 40 idle

clearly just a placebo

no problem

I just disassembled my old PC and assembled a new one.
I cleaned the old CPU and cooler from thermal paste residue with a paper napkin and some isopropanol. Worked really well.

Turns out that I needed to reassemble it to update the firmware on one of the HDDs, which had trouble with the SATA controller on the new MB. So I used the rest of the thermal paste that came with the new cooler.

Same here. Posted about my i5-750 running at like 70C idle. Sup Forums called me retarded and told me to change the paste. Now the cores run between 40-45C idle.

I've had the same computer/cpu for like 8 years now so I guess it was just due.

How well does cum work as thermal paste

I did several times, first time I did this the difference was huge, my cpu was overheating and turning off, it had 70c in idel, with new paste I wetn to 51 in idle.

First time I bought 10$ past with silver and shit, now I am buying the cheapest 1$ grey silicone paste.

It require practice, if you have too much paste it will work as isolation and temp will raise.

I built a 2600k machine close to six years ago and the temps are the same now as they were when I built it. All I do is vacuum the case and hit the heatsink with canned air a couple times a year. Thermal paste isn't oil.

I mean technically you could get even better temps with the newfangled pastes that have come out since your PC was put together.

I changed my thermal paste like 8 months ago when I had to replace my motherboard.

But, why? I'm already OC'd to 4.5 GHz. Any higher and the voltage gets into suicide territory.

I'll change my paste when I buy my next processor, which will probably be in a year or two.

Better temps doesn't always mean higher OCing. I see it as investing in the longevity of your parts.

I only change when it is necessary, which means on older ThinkPads I buy as the stock paste is shit and dried and applied shitty, so I replace it while disassembling them and taking the heatsink out anyway to clean it with compressed air, and on desktops I don't touch it unless I take the cooler off for some reason and then I put new paste of course. It's retarded to take heatsinks off for no real reason, any proper paste doesn't "go bad"

changed to paste on the x220 i got on ebay but it didnt do anything

Fuck it, I don't care, temps are ok anyway

I want, i already bought one but im too lazy to do so

I changed mine this year. First my GPU which was getting near 77ºC on load, fairly standard but way too high for where I live. Repasted, now tops 63ºC on load.

Changed CPU as well but it was basically the same result. The stock application was fine.

A couple weeks ago I went to help a friend of mine with her PC, which was turning rebooting and turning itself off. That was the most disgusting PC I've worked so far. The paste was DRY. Literally there was nothing to clean other than what it used to be thermal compound. It was nuts.

did you take a picture

I got a returned cpu with no special thermal square. Used mayo a year and a half ago and it's doing fine. i3-haswell. Not a hot cpu so ymmv.

I have never once bought thermal paste in my life, and I'm still sitting at comfy sub-40 to mid-40 temps.

you've been baited. it was only a prank bro

nope, just delidded & liquid metal'd in may though if that counts