ZeroNet

zeronet.io/

What does Sup Forums think of zeronet and if its shit are there better alternatives of decentralized websites specifically imageboards

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/retsamknaps/aktie
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how about nntpchan?

>9.6MB · Unpack · Run ZeroNet.exe
The instruction and filename has a virus vibe.

So everyone has your website files? Seems like a great way to get your servers hacked

ITT: Travelling Merchants.

considering gnunet is abandonded and all the other protocols either run JS and coded in JAVA

its really our last resort
it can also run over tor btw

its gplv2....

>guy who doesnt understand the protocol
>implying its plaintext

i thought the same when i started looking this up. it seems this is the only viable option thats still in development

you are correct.
it really is..

zeronet is security dogshit. do not use. do not go to start, and do not collect $200.

t. Sup Forums kid who just learned what zeronet is and never tried it

IPFS is way better.

>IPFS
Isn't it in early stages though? ZeroNet looks more developed.

Also, is IPFS under GPL?

Anyone know of any good Zeronet sites?

ZeroTalk

>Sites are served by visitors.
RED FLAG

Frankly the British have it right wrt this, fuck them, pah

Kek!

build it from source, then

>considering gnunet is abandonded
What the fuck are you talking about? It hasn't even finished development. It's receiving improvements all the time. Just because no one's talking about a project that hasn't left alpha doesn't mean it's dead. Stop spewing bullshit when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

>and all the other protocols either run JS and coded in JAVA
[citation needed]
>inb4 i2p
there are not one (1) but two (2) projects that not only reimplement i2p in C++ but are stable and functional.

Not defending the other guy's baseless accusations, but trying something doesn't necessarily mean it's a something is secure or 100% functional. In theory, nothing is entirely secure. BitTorrent isn't even an anonymizing protocol, but laymen use it all the time to distributed copyright content under the misconception that BitTorrent is secure, and the vast majority of them haven't been chastised for doing so.

there's cp in it?

what about i2p and freenet?

arent those even better than this protocol?

except those there's something else im not aware of?

MIT License, and yes, it is in alpha - but mainly because the developers set themself many hard goals. It seems to be pretty futureproof and flexible, once it is out of alpha.

The primary goal of Zeronet isn't even to achieve anonymity. Just decentralization.

So comparing it to protocols like i2p or freenet makes absolutely no sense, because they're made to solve different issues.

except there isn't?

visitors just mirror sites. Sites are digitally signed, only the one with the original signing key can change/extend sites.

Only fair comparison would be IPFS, but IPFS has more futureproof plans regarding their protocol, in my humble opinion.

Is captain planet on it?

Doesn't NeoCities use IPFS?

Yes

Well, I would imagine a decentralized website model such as ZeroNet would be better for the environment than conventional internet, as the latter requires a lot of centralized servers to distribute the websites, so I think Captain Planet would give it, at the very least, a thumbs up.

Kind of unrelated, but has anyone built Aktie and actually used it?

I feel like Aktie is the perfect medium for i2p shitposting, but I'm not going to go through the hassle of building it if no one's using it.

I should probably add the Github page since it's kind of hard to find on DDG.
github.com/retsamknaps/aktie

It kind of reminds me of Usenet, except with slightly more functionality.

Fuck off, pedo.

it's dead and full of chinks
also dead but kinda cool