Oh noes... it's real

Apple does it again, I'm impressed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Touch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sorry, explain for a layman.

Apple is joining this gay little fad of making shitty screens just so their annual refresh has an actual difference.

Just buy last year's device, as per usual.

Why wasn't applel first to go bezeless? Even $90 phones are bezelless today

>bezeless
Because bezeless are ugly, and prone to erroneous input and breakage.

>erroneous input
Only if the software is shit. The iPad Pro™ doesn't have this problem, nor will the iPhone 8.

tfw retina/fingerprint scanners behind screen

tfw you cant choose to block the sensors

tfw they embed cameras behind the screen next

LineageOS here i come!

No, even Apple isn't retarded enough to get rid of bezzels.

I just want it to release to I can get rid of my android lmao

IKR? Even Google thinks Android is a sinking ship.

I just got bored of rooting and ricing desu

Smart phones are literal cancer. Better to just avoid them altogether and get a basic/burner phone.

imagine being this fucking autistic about a phone

some people care about privacy why do you care

>last years device

the iphone 7 is worse than the iphone 6s though

Why do you think anybody gives a fuck about what you're doing with your phone? You must be some kind of sick pedo fuck who watches chinese cartoons.

lol how the fuck are devs making apps for this shit now or is it just going to fill the top with a solid bar

That looks really retarded

I mean at least the LG V20 second screen is actually functional looking...

i don't, but they could still activate my mic and listen to it, filter for voices, etc.

it's not about just me, it's about others as well, that's why people try to convince others to see their reasoning on this

Ok

>I have nothing to hide, Officer Jerome.
>please, feel free to conduct a search in-between my wife's legs.

Wow, an apple intern that knows the functionality of the new screen!!...

Seriously, when Apple adapts a technology to their products they commit to it and develop and whole bunch of things to make use of it, unlike other brands... (shitsung, LShit)

Spent a many happy year with my 32 gig iPhone 4... Looks like I will spending an equally many happy years with my JB iPhone 6

iPhone 7 and 8 are giving me negative reasons to upgrade... Especially the headphone jack.. If you cycle in jeans the dongle is plain annoying as fuck and only last a month or so... Right angle TRS connectors for the win.

>shitsung
I mean the samsung edge screen was awsome, i used it for a while and found it useful for putting rss feeds on

>Lshit
I will agree its not very useful, only good for checking time and seeing who just sent a text to me. But it does give control to some features like Flashlight without have to unlock my phone.

>hurr durr my headphone jerk

>apple giving a fuck about app developers

They'll probably just "update" the OS so nothing works and they will have to make a new app that follows the new wacky top bar paradigm

>breakage

literally everyone ive ever met with an iphone had a cracked screen. there would be no drop in screen quality.

Makoto Shinkai should sue Apple for stealing his iphone design.

Installed LineageOS on my Moto G3. I have reached Nirvana.

That looks more like a Lumia 640.

The only way this will look good is if it's done like pic related, so the status bar section needs to be the same colour as the camera cutout section

According to leaks it is iirc

On renders of non-black phones, the status bar remains black, so phones without the black camera cutout look beyond retarded

>hurr durr my wireless 64kbps 8KHz $699 headphones

ok so

what's the point of having no bezels and all this thin fancy bullshit when its just going to be stuck inside a phone case in which you'll never see the design?

and nobody is dumb enough to pay $600+ for a phone and not have it in a thick case/cover.

>nobody is dumb enough to pay $600+ for a phone and not have it in a thick case/cover
lol

How so?

>buy s7
>think that I don't need a case
>drop it the same day I bought it flat face onto a concrete floor

How are they going to show topbar notification panel with that design?

I say it's bullshit lol

>babyhands manlet
Your kind deserves it

Because bezeless is a meme by normies who see their phones as fashion accessories instead of technology that is supposed to do shit.

the word you are looking for is courageous

we betrayed the Ubuntu phone

> The project was started in 2011, but on 5 April 2017 Mark Shuttleworth announced that the project would terminate due to lack of market interest.[6][7]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Touch

even tho UI is ios

There is still ubports and project halium, maybe after community creates decent userbase they might start it again, who knows? Also they already have real, free convergence alternative to "samsung dex" which doesn't require 100 dollars for "android on big screen lmao"

Never used a case. Never cracked a phone. Do you put your mittens on strings, too?

AirPods ($160) can receive lossless AAC audio : )

Only problem is that apples screens doesn't have very black blacks, so it will look like shit regardless.

if i want black blacks i turn the screen off, niggerfaggot

Exactly. This is what AMOLED screens do for their blacks.

Don't forget Apple wants to put an OLED screen on it

i had two iphone 7 pluses and had to return both of them when it released. you can easily hear the cpu making noises, enjoy having that sound in every video you ever record. that is on every iphone 7 made, it doesn't just effect some of them, every single one. also one of the ones i owned made an audible click when you pressed the screen, it wasn't screwed or glued in properly, so it was physically moving every time you pressed the screen. many people were having this issue. so much for water proof. couldn't stomach paying $1200 USD for a flawed piece of tech so i kept my iphone 6s plus.

>AirPods
AHAHAHAHAHA

It's called not being a bumbling retard

On the iPhone the middle of the notification bar is usually pretty empty

That's where the time is. I've already seen some apps take over the bar and get rid of the time when they're open, which is infuriating.

I've owned mine since March and they're pretty great ^_^ I use them every day!

iphone 8 has OLED screen

checkmate.

Forgot the time was there, haven't used iOS in years
It will be interesting to see what they do if they do what the OP suggests they're doing

>rebuy one because i'm not poor
don't pay things you can't afford

>you can easily hear the cpu make noises

niger you what

>i finally realize what kind of people buy iphones

Fuck yeah. Rest in niggers patheticphone

But Cinnamon would have been a better choice instead of Gnome right now. Consistency is key though, so let's stay comfy and enjoy the show.

Thanks for the laugh