Are Thinkpads a meme?

Are Thinkpads a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DCn7XsvgtN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

absolutely disgusting

The only use for em is libreboot boxes.

They are cheap and durable if you buy them used after some corporate lease expires.

Thick
Heavy
some with very shitty displays
Lenovo logo breaks off and stabs you (actually happened to me)

>Thinkpad E-series

Those aren't Thinkpads tho, they're just regular Lenovo plastic laptops that happen to have the clitmouse.

grandma was a sysadmin and used to have like 12 of those floating around her house

nuben and all

If it has a general on Sup Forums, it's a meme.

Yeah basically.
IBM should have never sold off the think line

The nice durable thinkpads haven't aged well as the displays look like ass now... they are definitely affordable and capable as linux machines so if that's your thing go for it. Other than that they're nothing too special anymore. Core 2 Duos are dumpster and third world tier.

>I almost fainted
>cut my finger
Faggot

My Lenovo ThinkPad T430 is one of the top 10 best things I ever bought.

>Viewing angles aren't fantastic
>LAPTOP IS SHIT 2/10 WOULD NOT USE
My T420 is still one of the most durable and useful devices I've ever purchased.

Asking if thinkpads are a meme is a meme though. The recursive retardation continues.

I didn't say it wasn't durable, I just said it hasn't aged well... which if you sit there staring at a shitty display for hours at a time you'd agree with me. I enjoy thinkpads but I wish they still made them with the same quality with new displays. I have no idea if you can put new ones in the old models or not.

It's not a great screen but it's not like it's any worse than when the machine was built six years ago. It's a small price to pay.

I use my t420 mainly to control my cnc. Tbh great laptop for low price, but way to heavy to carry around the city. About spec, i5, with 4gb of ram is enough for browsing internet and watch 1080p vids. I paid 130$ for this pc but my "e" in lenovo logo was broke too :(

Why don't people just build thinkpad clones? I'm cure with OEM sellers from china you can make one for about the same weight and with better specs.

The main appeal is that they are indestructible AND cheap, you remove one or the other and it's DOA.

New ones, yes
Oldschool ones are a neat hobby.
Playing around with my G40 right now, socket 478 pentium 4 in the bastard, weighs 8 and a half pounds, the inside of this thing is a work of artistry that even the 2013 rmbp cant compete with

why do you need libreboot
do you have something to hide user

Pic? I swear somehow the layout got worse of the years despite having more shit to cram in.

I cant be assed to take it apart at 3am
But here's a video of a whole teardown on one
youtu.be/DCn7XsvgtN8

thinkpads are memes
but remember meme is not equal to bad