CAT S60

>1 inch gorilla glass
>Infrarred camera
>13 MP
>Waterproof up to 5 metres
>Octa-core (4x1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
>All the usual trappings (Bluetooth, accelerometer, etc)

Is this as Godlike as it sounds or just a meme?
Anybody own one of these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V_1tzoxsWuo
youtube.com/watch?v=WtLOT6kd5fM
youtube.com/watch?v=pXAzZoWLzSo
youtube.com/watch?v=OddxelQhmqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Enjoy your botnet.

>thermal imaging
bigger gimmic than the new HTC that you squeeze

I tried the Casio Commando when it came out. It was such a piece of shit. Maybe the tech has improved, but I have no desire to try a true "tough phone" that has a touch screen ever again.

>HTC that you squeeze
link? Name?

It's the HTC that has Amazon's Alexa in it. Dunno what it's called, but that should narrow it down to a single phone. You squeeze it to activate Alexa.

Can you go Nya~ with it?

HTC U11

I have no idea how HTC stays in business.

Reviews were really, really bad.

>Only one SIM
>Non removable battery
>How much RAM?
Into the trash it goes.

I love my M8; still using it. That said, none of their newer offerings appeal to me.

At one point, they were going toe-to-toe with Motorolla for the King of Android title. Now, they are roughly on par with Blackberry (seeing how blackberry has switched to android now).

its the U11, it's their 2017 flagship.

isn't that the brand when they released these walkies talkie flip/cellphones? I swear to god i saw every construction worker using them. I'll be in a grocery store in line having to hear their conversation and getting to hear that annoying beep every 10 seconds

Isn't an HTC flagship phone pretty much their "most expensive budget phone?"

I FOUND IT, god i hate that sound

youtube.com/watch?v=V_1tzoxsWuo

Not positive, but I'm fairly sure the walkie-talkie shit died a few years back.

Isn't that a mediatek processor?

That's Nextel, it has nothing to do with Caterpillar

I have one. Have used it daily for just under a year.

Flir camera mostly a gimmick, but does get used occasionally to check gas bottles and surface temps of equipment (cookfag here)

Very tough, dropped many times, has fallen into sinks of water, gotten real greasy and flew from my dashboard out a window into the road at 40mph leaving only some superficial damage.

Dual SIM works well. Allows dual SIM AND an SD card simultaneously.

Has received OTA updates, 6 or 7 since purchase.

Camera quality is shit. But I have a camera to do photofag things.

Waterproofing works well enough to use the phone in the shower or bath.

Anything else anyone wants to know?

Thanks... great info.

How's the ram? Can it run several apps at once with no problem? (Say... whatsapp, plus google chrome with several tabs open, plus the music player)

Is the video quality terrible?

Also, is it 4G?
Found contradictory info on that

I owned one for a while when I had a job doing construction labor.
Powerful phone? Yes
IR is just a gimmicky feature I almost never used because the readings are very innacurate compared to our other slew of dedicated thermal gages

But its not durable at all. Its just as bad as any other phone would fare in an industrial or construction environment. Mine got cracked when I was carrying a large section of auger drill tube and it pressed up against my front pocket with the phone in it. Pressure didn't break the glass, but it broke the actual screen behind it.

Ram seems fine to me, runs chrome, WhatsApp, multiple tabs, have play music going most times. Gets sluggish with a game running, but in day to day works fine. I don't really use the video, use a gopro chink clone for that.

Yes it's 4g. Can use either SIM slot for it, though only one at a time. Whichever SIM you choose for 4g, the other works as 2g only. But can confirm 4g, tethering works well too with my Chromebook.

Seems you had a bit of bad luck with your S60. Mine lives in a commercial kitchen for 90 hours a week and has behaved well. But then again, I'm not in construction.

Thank you user, great info
Sup Forums delivers

Caterpillar is the name of those yellow industrial machines, but I prefer it as CAT :)

Your keyboard is cooking

nice marketing thread.

Squeezable frame is a gimmick untill you try it and realize how useful it is.
Look up Edge sense plus or any custom rom for the U11

Also someone who work with electronics would benefit with a flir camera. Its also great for troubleshooting electronics.

> 1 inch gorilla glass
Wait what seriously? How thick is the phone? That seems insane.
inb4 T H I C C

it's a good phone if you want everyone to know that you're a blue collar peasant

Isn't that every product ever made?

Why tbe fuck are the tabs on ur browser hotter then the windows

I smell scam!

I have never owned a smartphone before, but this one looks like something I'd buy. How much does it cost?

600 american dollarinos.

O-oh. Nevermind.

probably meant 1cm

That's the led backlight strip.

& my tv's backlit leds are more separated

Exactly. They peaked with the M8.

We bought one for the maintenance at the company.
I don't like the way you have to align the thermal image to the normal camera image, you have to realign for different distances...
The other issue we are facing that it only measures up to 120 degrees celsius, which is not enough for 20kw engines and some heavy duty electonics.
Other than that, it helped out a couple of times to pinpoint errors, also it's pretty cool.
My favourite is when you put your hand on a wooden table, then you can see the heat trace it leaves.

can you use this phone to hunt hhost?

Battery life on it?

She's cute

Is this the new Sony TRV65?
youtube.com/watch?v=WtLOT6kd5fM

Wrong video. Meant to post this.
youtube.com/watch?v=pXAzZoWLzSo

Yeah, the calibration feature is not quite perfect and the phone has the cheapest flir camera but it's compact and 'smartphones are always in your pocket', so... :)

>My favourite is when you put your hand on a wooden table, then you can see the heat trace it leaves.
Cam it.

That's the main reason why I buy it ;)

Yeah, I love edge detection on chicks.

Christina Applegate from Married With Children ;)

I get a full day of heavy use. Calls, 4g usage, hotspot usage, chiller checks with the flir, and watching the odd YouTube in my smoke breaks.

youtube.com/watch?v=OddxelQhmqo
Not a wooden table but the heat trace also leaves

That had terrible battery life and was just all around shit. This new one actually has good specs.

Wasn't rootable so I returned it and got an HTC10.

>thermal imaging
>gimmick
This phone is aimed at construction workers.
Having portable thermal imaging camera with you on construction site is a giant bonus.

Any way to make FilleZilla download single files faster? I can download 10 files all at ~1.5MB/s but when I download one file the speed is also 1.5MB/s. A real pain in the ass when downlaoding a single large file.
Or maybe another program would be better?