So you are telling me you use linux on an thinkpad but dont libreboot?

so you are telling me you use linux on an thinkpad but dont libreboot?

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/news/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im telling you to install windows and get on with your life...

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

No, I don't use Trannyboot. I use Coreboot with the SeaBIOS payload. You don't actually need the Intel ME to be disabled either. Just use ME Cleaner to remove the parts of the firmware that give it network access and then it's not dangerous anymore.

i use libreboot and have no issues with it at all.

if you don't want to use it because the founder is transsexual, you're as bad as the SJWs

can you put it on my t440p ?

Maybe if trannyboot didn't inject politics and social issues into the public sphere, I wouldn't have to reject trannyboot because of political and social viewpoints.

what is this trannyboot you're talking about?

also maybe read up on current things instead of reposting stale shit. libreboot.org/news/

T410 doesn't support libreboot.

and do what? Play vidya all day everiday?

what about coreboot?

I run libreboot on my thinkpads. X200 master race

Switched from using my desktop to using an X220T in preparation for it getting libreboot.

Librebooted X200 laptop with Librebooted KCMA-D8 desktop here.

X200s now, actually. Switched the lid/screen and mainboard. Theseus's laptop...

Please share that lovely background image pleeease.

>using SJWboot
lel

I have an x220, I doubt I can libreboot.

And also why would I do it anyways

Ever hear of "cutting off the nose to spite the face"?

how?

How what?

with an x220?

Neither of us said X220.

Actually, I do, but being unable to use anything newer than a core2 and the various little annoying bugs are kind of painful.

lmao enjoy your tranny software, cuck

I guess you haven't...

How can software be transsexual? It's a computer program. I think you're confused, friend.

Qubits

Did you forget your glasses? I clearly said X200

>politics and social issues
What the fuck do you think the free software movement is? It is 100% a political and social movement, and you're lying to yourself if you think it isn't. Don't pretend that it's politics you don't like injected into your political movement.

But I do user