University gives me a MacBook pro in free use

>University gives me a MacBook pro in free use.
>It's the model with the touch bar
>Try installing arch linux
>The audio doesn't work
>Bring my t430 at university
>Professors tease me for not using the Mac the school gave me.
>My classmates see me has a wannabe hackerman for using a tiling window manager.

Is there any way to get out this hell that doesn't include using a mac without audio or using OS X?

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/roadrunner2/1289542a748d9a104e7baec6a92f9cd7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah, stop letting the shallow, fickle opinions of others dictate your happiness.

you only get one life, are you going to spend it being comfy, or setting yourself on fire to keep people who make fun of you warm

This. Stop being an insecure faggot OP. It will do wonders to your life.

B-but I care about what my professors think of me.

Sounds like you're in first year. I'm surprised your professor even acknowledges you or knows who you are. I guarantee he never thinks about you.

Use phone for music, and deal with muted trash OS on a trash laptop.

try installing ubuntu instead

Narcissism

do you really need audio on a computer though?

>arch
>i3
>t430
you're a cool dude, don't give a fuck about what those normies think, you're not going to have a brick in 3 years, while they will

>audio doesn't work
>on linux

figures

yeah I agree. All the EE people I knew in grad school rocked OG thinkpads they'd make him a brother

My classmates are only 40 and I can guarantee that our professors acknowledge us really well.

>>It's the model with the touch bar
That's the first computer Apple ever sold that cannot be updated without an internet connection.

Assassinate Cook for the people.

I'm using stumpwm though... Thank you anyway.

>Is there any way to get out this hell
Yes.
Choose a better major.

Call them faggot, and move on with your life.

Just fix the audio
Problem solved

Does your class look like pic related?

It is fixed already you deaf faggot fatherfucker

Can't be fixed ;-;
>>>gist.github.com/roadrunner2/1289542a748d9a104e7baec6a92f9cd7

Mac's native OS is actually BSD unix with an Apple GUI. You can open some terminals and go to town like you were in Linux. Install Appke's GCC and bam: Best of both worlds.

Yup but with Ilya on the desktops

I know, but the real reason makes me want to use linux is its support for xorg application. I tried installing stumpwm on Xquarz but it doesn't wrk

Yes, stop being a faggot

what is a VM. Hell if you want OP just send the mac to me, I'll fix it and use it with macOS as intended

>chunkwm
>hyper
>homebrew
>tmux
>vim

Honestly, it isn't that hard to reap at least some of the benefits of *nix from a Mac. Or just stop caring what people think and be better than them. Probably already are.

I would gladly give my macbook to anyone.

but I can't as it is of the school

cu..ck..

i use a mac and ive used vim and homebrew flawlessly. never tried the other ones though

>solved 5 capchas for this

1. stop giving a fuck;
2. tell your shitty friends to fuck off.

>Actually using i3.
>Even worse doing so in public.
I hope people don't actually do this.

I use awesome wm in public.

But when are you out in public? Its not like you have a job.

Why would you make that, you repressed gay little faggot?

>what is humor

Stop being autistic and just use the mac like everyone else during class you sperg

just use macOS autist
it's still *nix

it wasn't funny.

Tbh it just sounds like they're just playfully teasing you. Most people don't really give a shit what toy you use. Just say that you're more comfortable working on your own computer. Besides, you have a MacBook you can tinker with in your spare time now! Just get use to OSX and get a feel for it and who knows, it could replace your thinkpad.

>University gives me a MacBook Pro for free
The fuck? Colleges do this? What class?

It's not free. Probably included in the tuition cost.

Fuck off Nigger-shit.

>for using a tiling window manager.
what the fuck even is this and how does it differ?

osx is pretty great. whats the problem you have with it specifically?

every time

just install Arch into a VM.

I think it is.

>free

I wonder why grocery stores give me free food and supplies after I give them 150 every month.

WOAH. Like FREE STUFF.

you only got teased because you slowed down the lecture by asking the prof to slow down cause you cant catch up you fucker

you told him that you cant do the homework because your dumbass thinkpad can't open the file properly.

that is why he teased you you dumbass, stop trying to flip everything around you mongoloid

its always funny when someone from the same class calls out OP

this Sup Forums sperglord probably uses that hitler pape irl

/thread

Hyper is a hackable shell emulator. Better than iTerm if you ask me, save for being written in JS. Use it with chunkwm (new version of kwm) and you have a tiling WM.

I throw in tmux just for added fun.

>University gives me a MacBook pro in free use.
Kinda jelly, but it must be super expensive anyway.

>using a window manager in public
You deserve being ridiculed.

Take notes on paper and leave your laptop at home for doing work. You absolutely are a wannabe hackerman FUCK OFF

llya best girl

I didn't think it was funny either

This, who gives a fuck? fuck them, realize this:
insecurity is the only thing that makes other people compare themselves to others, this happened to them because some other faggot was also insecure and laughed/teased them for whatever reason.

In other words, insecurity is like a cancer that spreads, do not let it spread to you.

>tfw only thinkpad in all my current comp sci papers
The rest aren't even macbooks, misc cheap and shitty "back 2 school!" windows laptops

What is a window manager and how do I get/use one
Babybuntu here

tiling window manager

You're using a window manager right now, but it relies on you tiling them yourself, or using the preconfigured tiling options (e.g. tile one window on left half, other window on right half).

A tiling window manager manages this for you automatically and allows you to tile many windows just how you like it. You can tile horizontally/vertically/tabbed/stacked. Look into i3.

This totally happened, guys.