Can LineageOS even compete?

Can LineageOS even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/magisk-developer-assures-next-magisk-beta-will-pass-safetynet-again/
forum.xda-developers.com/
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
youtu.be/zIV4poUZAQo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud_leaks_of_celebrity_photos
stallman.org/apple.html
stallman.org/google.html
logicalfallacies.info/relevance/appeals/appeal-to-popularity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(You)

yE MANE

haha

dUNNO hOMIE

What the fuck do you mean? That a "Custom ROM" developed by teenagers is better than the best mobile OS by the best company in the world?

What da fUCC did U just fkin sayy lmao abut me, joo proprietary slave??

(You)

Enjoy a limited selection of devices, no Netflix, no Snapchat, no Pokemon Go, and no warranty.

>no Snapchat
>no Pokemon Go
>implying these are bad things

EnJoY A LiMiTeD SeLeCtIoN Of DeViCeS, nO NeTfLiX, nO SnApChAt, nO PoKeMoN gOi, aNd No WaRrAnTy

>Pokemon Go
not even normies play this in the current year

You can install these as long as you don't root the device

They are great things "Custom ROM" users don't have.

>implying
I'm using CM13 with the latest security patches and I've never had issues with Proprietaryflix, Snapchat, or Pokemon GO back when I played it for literally a week.

Literal non-issues.

Or just get an iPhone.

That in no way solves the root of the problem.

also
>netflix
>snapchat
>pokemon goi

CyanogenMod wasn't relevant since 2014. It never got new features after that (not even as LineageOS).

iOS on the other hand is the most relevant mobile OS.

Or just use Magisk.

No. LineageOS can't compete in attracting monkeys, iOS is the best in it.

>nO NeTfLiX, nO SnApChAt, nO PoKeMoN gOi
really?

>iOS on the other hand is the most relevant mobile OS
>most relevant
>Android has 86% global marketshare
yeah sure

As for CM, I would use Lineage but I'm using Sultan's ROM which is based on CM's old codebase but with features pulled from Lineage as needed.

Magisk requires you to update every week when Google increases their security.

"compete"?

Elaborate.

CM/LineageOS hasn't really gotten unique features since 2014. iOS has.

Wow, that's such a downside. Better go buy an 800 $ iPhone.

Weak.

>That a "Custom ROM" developed by teenagers is better than the best mobile OS by the best company in the world?
exactly
Really makes me think

Oh so you can now download apps outside the app store, natively browse files, share things over bluetooth, share any kind of file over wifi-direct, can connect your iphone to a pc without lagtunes, use your iPhone as a flash drive, use youe iPhone to torrent any and all kinds of files, extract/browse archives, customize more than your home screen, have widgets on the homescreen, ect?

>inb4 "At least we have isolar"
Yeah, we have fast charging.

And you'd rather complain to some random developer on XDA when your phone stops working than go to an Apple store and get your problem fixed or better, get a new iPhone?

JAILBREAK

My phone hasnt stopped working in these 4 years.

>letouchdiseaseface.jpeg

Your writing is terrible by the way.
>When Google increases their security
What Google does is preventing the functionality of root bypass apps (processes) such as Magisk. And the update procedure requires a simple reboot after downloading an update. But I guess that's not worth and buying an 800 $ iPhone solves everything.
xda-developers.com/magisk-developer-assures-next-magisk-beta-will-pass-safetynet-again/

(You)

>lenote7explosionface.jpeg
>lelgg4bootloopface.jpeg
>leoneplus5jellyface.jpeg

>"Complaining"
>Spending 800 $ without thinking
What's the better choice? Really takes the ol' noggin for a joggin'!

Can XDA solve the Note 7 explosion? The LG G4 bootloop? Or even the OnePlus 5 "Jelly" problem?

>lekeyboardfreezeface.jpeg
>lecantupdatephonebecauseitson9.3.1face.jpeg
>lespendingthousandsonshittyhardwareface.jpeg
>lecantevenjailbreakiphonesnowface.jpeg
>le(You)face.jpeg

Or better yet, but this is for those truly advanced, check if a device you're planning on buying has a good custom ROM support.

What are you even talking about? Two of those problems are hardware related. Perhaps the OnePlus 5's problems are hardware related too. XDA isn't a phone manufacture, genius.
Again, it's related. Why would you even buy such devices?

Which
>Forces you to use AT&T or T-Mobile if in the US
>Prevents you from using most Samsung or LG devices, only Pixel and OnePlus
>Voids your warranty

>Prevents you from using most Samsung or LG devices, only Pixel and OnePlus
You are literally clueless.
forum.xda-developers.com/
Just Pixel and OnePlus devices, right?

>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege and basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
>this is how utterly shit stock iOS is and what i'd rather settle with so i can "break out of jail"

By not being iOS

Some Xiaomi device will be stuck with LineageOS "Unofficial" forever. Better off buy an iPhone and get the best OS/hardware support on the market.

Already addressed:
If you were capable enough to find Sup Forums, you're capable enough to use Google, XDA and YouTube to determine which device has hardware problems or doesn't have custom ROM support.

I can compile LineageOS from git and get the latest update whenever I want.

>Pokemon Go
>Snapchat

kys yourself

>I use a operating system made by literal TEENAGERS which just copies Android and puts some features around it, and removes access to popular apps

Follow the reply chain. You might be the same user, who knows.

Who cares? Both apk and zip updates are practically automated

Apple engineers take care of compiling the OS for you. Why waste your time when you could be creating the next Facebook instead?

Oh sorry, I just don't like people installing backdoors on my OS so they can see all my bank info and browsing history and sell it to the highest bidder.

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

>Apple engineers take care of compiling the OS for you.
And they also take care of deciding what you can and can't do with a device you paid a substantial amount of money for.

>Inb4 that's possible on every operating system
>Inb4 appeal to futility
But preventing those exploits from being utilized and making it harder for companies to gather metadata is only possible on some operating systems.

nia

youtu.be/zIV4poUZAQo

Apple commits to privacy. Can any "Custom ROM" developer do that? The latter even prefers you using Google apps with their ROM.

NI

stfu you retarded sack of shit with down syndrome

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud_leaks_of_celebrity_photos

>Apple commits to privacy.
How exactly? Just because you said so? Here's a wonderful list of not so privacy oriented practices of your favorite tech company:
stallman.org/apple.html
>Can any "Custom ROM" developer do that? The latter even prefers you using Google apps with their ROM.
What prefers what exactly? No one forces you to buy a device which doesn't have custom ROM support. And we've been through this:

RMS is delusional.

>being this delusional

>RMS is delusional.
Great rebuttal buddy. Couldn't be bothered to check the sources? Those are not merely his opinions.

Not an argument. Are you going to look at the sources and refute them or did you already accept defeat?

Well, so many iPhone users love their iPhone. That says it all.

Also, stallman.org/google.html

>Well, so many iPhone users love their iPhone. That says it all.
No, that doesn't say it all.
logicalfallacies.info/relevance/appeals/appeal-to-popularity/

Not an argument and no they don't. See pic related.

>Also, stallman.org/google.html
Also, we've been through this before:
If you didn't guess which operating system I was referring to there was - it's Android.

It was Android*

Just add a lock icon to all threads on XDA and watch the iPhone world burn

what does iOS11 change?

>what does iOS11 change?
It changes everything™. In all seriousness, please stop bumping this awful thread.