/spg/ - Smarphone General Nokia 8 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
The first Nokia flagship Android phone is launching on August 16th
theverge.com/2017/7/25/16024456/nokia-8-hmd-launch-august-rumors

New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show finalized design
gsmarena.com/new_iphone_8_leaked_renders_allegedly_show_finalized_design-news-26360.php

Huawei Mate 10 will have "full-screen display", CEO says while revealing exit from the low-end
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10_will_have_fullscreen_display_ceo_confirms_while_revealing_exit_from_the_lowend-news-26435.php

Meizu Pro 7 And Meizu Pro 7 Plus Now Official: Dual Cameras, Dual Displays & Fast Charge
gizmochina.com/2017/07/26/meizu-pro-7-meizu-pro-7-plus-now-official-dual-cameras-dual-displays-fast-charge/

Xiaomi Mi 5X Official: Mi 6 Dual Cameras, SD625, Priced At 1,499 Yuan ($220)
gizmochina.com/2017/07/26/xiaomi-mi-5x-official-dual-cameras-sd625-1499-yuan-220/

The Essential Phone has been delayed by a "few weeks" as the company waits for the phone to pass certification/testing
twitter.com/ow/status/888414700563816448

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/iMessageForAll
notebookcheck.net/HTC-U11-Smartphone-Review.236922.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2OqK94X4Gng&t=2403s
in-appstore.com/android/
m.gsmarena.com/oppo_f3-8669.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can send and receive imessages from android now. Requires running a server

twitter.com/iMessageForAll

>tfw no more green bubbles

What's new in bezeless? I want to fit the biggest phone I can in my ipega controller with the best specs.

Real shit

So what's a good phone for a 300/400 pricetag?
I'm italian and my s5 is starting to piss off the fuck out of me, i really want to switch honestly

Honor 8, Axon 7

When the iPhone 7s/8 comes out, what is the likelihood that the 6s is dropped?

Thinking of replacing my OP2 with an iPhone for when I go to China because Google services don't work without a VPN, it's becoming harder and harder to find a VPN that isn't blocked and is quick, and "local" android apps are only I'm Chinese and my Chinese isn't at that level yet

>Smarphone
Dumb phoneposters.

The Essential is DOA, isn't it?

Does this fall under any phone?
>Good speakers
>Good signal pickup
>ok camera (doesn't need to be great)
>4GB of ram
>riceable (optional)
>waterproof

Also, considering i have a Nexus 6p, is it even worth upgrading?

so any new good phones below 200 bucks?

no, it has to arrive for that to apply

pls let Pixel XL 2 have 3.5mm jack pls let Pixel XL 2 have 3.5mm jack pls pls plsssssss

| think I'm going to move on to buying cheap phones and good tablets.

Help Sup Forums, my Nexus 6 battery has finally started majorly shitting itself. Which new phone do I get? Here are the essentials:
>Good display, 1080p+
>Stereo front-firing speakers
>Headphone jack
>Stock Android or as close as you can get
>Relatively new processor, released within the last year or so
AMOLED would be nice but oh well, it's a luxury.
Might hold out for the Pixel 2, but I'd love some suggestions.

Perhaps the HTCU11?

I hope. At least apple has a low profile dongle for charging+headphones. There's nothing like that for android.

I seriously can't get over this stupid gimmick and why these companies would discard basic fucking convenience like this just because Apple did it for "muh thinnesssss." It makes me mad as hell that so many new flagship phones are being invalidated by lack of a 3.5mm jack. I their target demographic (ie most people) probably don't even know what the 3.5mm jack is for but god damn.

>HTCU11
doesn't that have advertisements on your lock screen?

Anyone else madly in love with Erica Griffin?
It hurts that ill never be with her. Literally the perfect woman.

No?

It would literally kill sales just to make the phone a little thicker. Not only could we keep the headphone jack but we could get a bigger battery as well. That's where we are, fashion over function.

>server keeps a copy of the conversation including your data and receipt data
>they sell the data to finance the project
poorfags btfo

HTC U11 or Sony XZ Premium

Axon 7

typical android poorfag
can drop $900 on a phone and can't afford Bluetooth headphones or a $5 dongle that comes included within the box

Does the Nokia 7 even exist? There seems to be absolutely no info on it.

Nokia 6 has shit specs, looking at tons of videos there is just too much stutter. Its a shame since it has a good build.

Nokia 8 is a full-blown flagship so we have no in-between. We need a true midrange phone around the $400-450 mark. I'll bite then. I need something to last a couple of years.

She reminds me of Heather Brooke/Harmon. I get lost in her vids sometimes

>neckbeards having a crush in the first girl the see
let me guess? you have fantasies about having a relationship with her too? what a pathetic little crew. go out and get a real girl

I've been in a relationship for 8 years, nice projecting there pal. I watch a fuckton of tech channels and she's genuinely beautiful, in a weird kind of homey way. The only other chick Id say that about would be that Mica chick from The Know.

Which is the smallest (

>she's genuinely beautiful
girls above 110lbs and 5'5 are not real woman

good to know you have been cucked 8 years with your hand

Are Blu phones a complete waste of money on the poorfag end? I just need a phone that works for calls and occasial texting when I'm on the road once every few months for work.

Xiaomi.
Motorola G4/G5 if American or OP2 Or 3 used.

Stay away from LG G4, BLU, NEXUS 5X

thanks user.

>nokia 3

Or just go to Amazon and get a Prime phone.
The moto g4 is $119 and the nokia 6 $179
You can get rid of ads by flashing a clean rom with no amazon ads

I'm not really sure who you're trying to impress here but we both know I'm the only one of us who has had sex. Ive got sex out of me years ago when I was younger and setltled down in a longterm relationship when I found someone who is compatible with me in almost every way.

Good luck ever getting laid with your retarded standards. I don't even know why I'm replying to some sperg who doesn't even have functional social skills let alone any relationship experience.

You're the kind of guy who would actually get cucked

HTC 10 are going for nearly half off

HTC U11

basically this

Sony for smaller screen if you want that

> I'm the only one of us who has had sex
> I jerk off to mobile reviewers
ahahah

I'm thinking of either going for a G5 Plus or a P10 Litew which ones the best option?

>acknowledging someone's appearance means I jack off to them
Again with the projecting, you're pretty fucking sad user looking for confrontation when there need be none and grasping at straws

>Again with the projecting, you're pretty fucking sad user looking for confrontation when there need be none and grasping at straws
>
I'm not really sure who you're trying to impress here but we both know I'm the only one of us who has had sex.
>Ive got sex out of me years ago when I was younger

Grandpa get off the internet

>Sony for smaller screen
They're both 5.5" innit?

G5.
Huawei has not an official explanation about scamming people shipping phones with UFF2 or slower memories. This affects the P10 and P10Lite

It will come, it will be glorious, and I will finally upgrade my Nexus 5

fuck, is this real? can't be surprised coming from chink companies though.

a moto g3 is toooooo old right now?

G5 Plus has a sturdier but cheaper feeling build, p10 lite is made of glass. G5 plus is bigger in the hand and larger screen if you're not a handlet.

P10 lite has a better camera but the G5 plus probably has the better battery life. Performance is so close so its a decision between camera, build and size

Yeah.

Google about it if you want more info, you should be given links to pretty much all tech related websites popular these days

Sony offers smaller sizes unlike other brands

It doesn't affect the P10 lite as it never was supposed to have UFS

Ching len luuu pls go back to your Chinese factory

Fuck off, you're the one spreading false information

whatever you say ping ling

Good phones supported by Verizon?
One preferably riceable

>dongles are another thing to lose
>dongles are an extra contact to go wrong
>how about two USB-C ports so I can hear music and charge at the same time
>Bluetooth sound quality is horribad compared to wire
My phone should deserve my Etymotics ER-4

Any other Pixel owners here? I just got the Daydream headset on sale, and I fucking love it. Does the XL really make a difference for this thing? The regular feels good enough, but I can tell it's pretty pixelated. However, the Pixel is basically the perfect phone for me. If the Pixel 3, regular edition, has a QHD screen would it be worth the upgrade for shitty mobile VR? I'm assuming the elongated screen would help with that too, but I don't want to get the XL because after switching from the 6P to the Pixel I realized big phones are just cumbersome and not worth the advantages.

>>dongles are another thing to lose
No need to take them out your headphones plug, they are 4cm, like your dick.
>Dongles are an etra contect to go wrong
After 10000+ uses, read something about connection wearing for use.
>how about two USB-C ports so I can hear music and charge at the same time
Who listen to music using headphones while at home? Are you autistic and think your parents will get mad listening your meme bullshit?
>Soung qualiy is horrible
Personal problem your AUDIOPHILE Etymotics ER-4 PROOOOO user

Why not Fujitsu?

notebookcheck.net/HTC-U11-Smartphone-Review.236922.0.html

Going for only $500

+
unusual range of colors
+
fast Snapdragon processor
+
UFS 2.1 storage
+
great camera
+
accurate GPS
+
good display
+
storage is expandable
+
Gigabit-LTE
+
fast USB port with video out
+
great headset
+
IP certified

buddy got the samsung A5 (2017) and i am quite surprised at how quick it is for a mid range phone with a great screen and battery life.
>Currently have Sony Z2
I'll be looking at an upgrade come xmas time probably, the battery life is fantastic but the phone has just gotten slower and slower no matter the rom I install. My previous phone was a GS2 and a Nokia N8 for a while. Cool to See the N8 coming back. I like compact phones but that is one slim market.

Anything like Freedom for cracked IAPs but actually updated? or does that work on nougat?

youtube.com/watch?v=2OqK94X4Gng&t=2403s
and that's all you need, you can't just buy a phone because it looks good on paper

freedom gets updated fairly frequently and I'm pretty sure it works on nougat

Where do you download the latest builds?
All the google search results look sketchy as fuck

Anyone know a good android app for backing up data? Preferably photos videos etc. I want it to have a schedule feature as I can't be bothered to remember to backup.

It doesn't have a headphone jack like half of flagships these days, just use the fucking USB C headphones included

Other than that the phone is perfect

HTC made their 10 with a dedicated AMP/DAC and no one gave a shit, you just can't compete focusing on what normies will never care about

>Nothing like having the IR blaster for automatic trolling
that made me kek, it could have an IR blaster

Is an HTC 10 for $360 a good deal? Been doing some research as I plan on jumping from Apple to Android and looking at something to last me about 18-24 months. It just edged out the Moto Z Play for me with better build quality and the fact that it can shoot in RAW.

And holy shit he is describing how the phone can take peeping tom and other usually impossible shots because of the squeeze capture

Yes its fucking great

DAC is dedicated, finger print sensor is awesome

USB C works great with display out

In the US, use metroPOS, and I currently have a nexus 4. I don't like the no sd card slot and the camera is pretty shit quality. I'm currently looking for a phone with a good camera and alright battery life. Is the Xiaomi Note 3 what I want?

What options are there for top-tier (including Chinese) phones with
-dedicated headphone jack
-water resistance
-expandable memory
-good processor
-6gb+ ram
-doesn't have retarded issues like jelly scrolling or prone to bootloops

they've had ota updating for a while so i forget but try this in-appstore.com/android/

also lucky patcher cracks IAPs and still gets updated

adb

G6/OP5 vs PH-1?

International G6

My friend said he will go halfsies with me on the new Moto Force Z^2 SO 375 each.
T-mobile has buy one get one free.
Worth it? I'm on the fence cause it looks like a downgrade from the last version.

what are some good non-google launchers?

Do the current top LGs (G6 and V20) still have bootloop issues?

KISS launcher

Yeah my 20v bootlooped today

Nokia 150

What are my options if I want

So what are your thoughts about the Meizu Pro 7? It has a small screen on the back. Just a gimmick or pretty cool mayne?

Sony Xperia X compact

I'd expect some of you guys to know Pocketnow
Well, I found a thing in some of the videos.
One thing lead to another and well, o hey
Free phone.
Thanks Pocketnow lol

In that size range, Xperia compact series of phones or a Galaxy A3.
Sorry, but you're unlikely gonna find anything with a removable battery at that size.

I need a good case for my Oneplus 3t that's in the mail atm.
I'm looking for maximum protection, don't really care about looks/aesthetics.
Should I just go with an otterbox or is there something better out there.

So I currently have an LGG4, and was thinking of upgrading to a G6. Is the camera as good on the G6? Is it a good phone?

No reason to buy a OnePlus 5 at this point. Unless you really want an iPhone clone.

>still no nokia 7

Considering getting proper Windows phone is impossible, I'm considering an Android one.

>small screen size (less than 6'', preferably closer to 5'')
>newest version of android
>medium-low class

I think Nokia 6 is good candidate, as it also comes with no bloatware.

>country
Bangladesh
>budget
200usd
>requirements
1080p display, 5inch+, 32gb rom

m.gsmarena.com/oppo_f3-8669.php

is the oppo f3 any good? how's their quality in general?

Used s7 edge, 1+3t